Jump to content

The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread


mfitz804
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

We get that, but the optics are terrible.  The Devils not being able to send out a list of who is at camp yesterday (thankfully they did that this morning) but instead we get Amanda sending out pictures of an empty notebook and her shoes is very cringe.

Chris Ryan at the Star Ledger is useless and Cory Masaisasasak seemed to be MIA yesterday.  I don't even think The Record has anyone on the beat anymore.

I think you may be looking for something to complain about on this one DM. It’s a rookie camp. It’s really not a big deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think you may be looking for something to complain about on this one DM. It’s a rookie camp. It’s really not a big deal.

I think the real issue is, she is NOT a beat reporter, but rather a team employee whose entire function seems like it’s supposed to be telling the fans what’s going on, and instead she sends pictures of her shoes and her handwriting. 

I like knowing what the lines are, but are there people clamoring for her picture of her handwritten lines? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the real issue is, she is NOT a beat reporter, but rather a team employee whose entire function seems like it’s supposed to be telling the fans what’s going on, and instead she sends pictures of her shoes and her handwriting. 

I like knowing what the lines are, but are there people clamoring for her picture of her handwritten lines? 

It’s her Twitter. She can post whatever she wants. It’s not team-affiliated. 

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the real issue is, she is NOT a beat reporter, but rather a team employee whose entire function seems like it’s supposed to be telling the fans what’s going on, and instead she sends pictures of her shoes and her handwriting. 

I like knowing what the lines are, but are there people clamoring for her picture of her handwritten lines? 

I don't think it's "instead", it's more so in addition to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the real issue is, she is NOT a beat reporter, but rather a team employee whose entire function seems like it’s supposed to be telling the fans what’s going on, and instead she sends pictures of her shoes and her handwriting. 

I like knowing what the lines are, but are there people clamoring for her picture of her handwritten lines? 

Bingo.  She knew who was in camp yesterday, yet didn't report on that.  She was there in the stands while they were doing drills, instead of reporting on what they were doing we got a picture of her notebook and shoes.

Yeah it's minor in the grand scheme of things, but like I said before if TG was putting out stuff like that he would be getting drilled.

Amanda isn't even the main issue.   I get that she is a team employee.  More of my ire is at our other beat reporters who were MIA yesterday; Chris Ryan and Corey Masasasasaissack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the real issue is, she is NOT a beat reporter, but rather a team employee whose entire function seems like it’s supposed to be telling the fans what’s going on, and instead she sends pictures of her shoes and her handwriting. 

I like knowing what the lines are, but are there people clamoring for her picture of her handwritten lines? 

Meh, all I think she was going for was "as soon as I have something to tell you, I'm ready to go...got my pen and pad ready to write down lines as soon as I see combos out there".  

Other than possibly wondering who coughed the loudest during his physical, or a few "what I did this summer" tidbits from the players, was there really much of anything worth reporting yesterday?  As rookie camp (and then full camp) gets underway, I'm sure we'll be getting our "inside dope" fixes, as to who's skating with who during practices, what's being worked on, etc.

This isn't even a blip on the majority of sports fans' radar anyway, really...the NFL regular season just started, and baseball is in its final stretch as division and WC races are sorting themselves out...to fans who follow multiple sports, that's more where their attention is.  Day 1 of a couple of guys skating and getting physicals (and not seeing much written or mentioned about it) just isn't worth getting that worked up about (even if it's only to complain a little).  I don't feel like I missed out on anything, put it that way.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Meh, all I think she was going for was "as soon as I have something to tell you, I'm ready to go...got my pen and pad ready to write down lines as soon as I see combos out there".  

Other than possibly wondering who coughed the loudest during his physical, or a few "what I did this summer" tidbits from the players, was there really much of anything worth reporting yesterday?  As rookie camp (and then full camp) gets underway, I'm sure we'll be getting our "inside dope" fixes, as to who's skating with who during practices, what's being worked on, etc.

This isn't even a blip on the majority of sports fans' radar anyway, really...the NFL regular season just started, and baseball is in its final stretch as division and WC races are sorting themselves out...to fans who follow multiple sports, that's more where their attention is.  Day 1 of a couple of guys skating and getting physicals (and not seeing much written or mentioned about it) just isn't worth getting that worked up about (even if it's only to complain a little).  I don't feel like I missed out on anything, put it that way.   

According to this response from the team twitter, I am far from the only one who pointed it out.  This is not a good look by the team to tweet stuff to their paying customers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

According to this response from the team twitter, I am far from the only one who pointed it out.  This is not a good look by the team to tweet stuff to their paying customers.

 

Admittedly the "whining" comment is not a great response.  I'm not gonna harp on it though (not implying that you are, just sayin').  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s her Twitter. She can post whatever she wants. It’s not team-affiliated. 

I don’t know. A huge part of her account is talking about the things she does as a Devils employee. I am pretty sure that when a team employee is reporting on the line combinations or what have you, she is doing to with the knowledge, consent, and perhaps the request of the team. It seems like day to day, most of her work is on social media. 

Additionally, she has a ton of followers that are not there for her shoes, but for Devils info. If it’s her personal account, maybe she shouldn’t have those people as followers. 

On the other hand, it certainly is her own account and she does put her personal stuff on there too. 

If anything, it’s unclear. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Devils news that I'm actually pissed off about. Apparently the Devils have 8 games that are exclusively on ESPN+/Hulu. 

I'm not paying for more streaming services. This is exactly the type of sh!t I was worried about when ESPN came on board. I'd rather have had NBC stick around.

 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

In Devils news that I'm actually pissed off about. Apparently the Devils have 8 games that are exclusively on ESPN+/Hulu. 

I'm not paying for more streaming services. This is exactly the type of sh!t I was worried about when ESPN came on board. I'd rather have had NBC stick around.

 

Brutal. Oh well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

In Devils news that I'm actually pissed off about. Apparently the Devils have 8 games that are exclusively on ESPN+/Hulu. 

I'm not paying for more streaming services. This is exactly the type of sh!t I was worried about when ESPN came on board. I'd rather have had NBC stick around.

 

That is brutal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Apparently it looks like the games would be on ESPN+ as well as Hulu so you technically don't need both it seems. 

Well, I have Disney+ and Hulu, and as I mentioned above, I believe it’s zero added cost for ESPN+ if you switch to package pricing, which I did just about immediately after it became available. 

So I have it ready to go if needed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not saying it’s a good thing at all, but honestly, it’s 8 games you can watch for $35. If you are really cash strapped, you can get the 5 in November for $7.99 and only miss 3. 

Again, while I don’t like the idea of it at all, and my opinions on national games have been expressed several times, it’s not really THAT big of a deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not saying it’s a good thing at all, but honestly, it’s 8 games you can watch for $35. If you are really cash strapped, you can get the 5 in November for $7.99 and only miss 3. 

Again, while I don’t like the idea of it at all, and my opinions on national games have been expressed several times, it’s not really THAT big of a deal. 

For me it's personally more about not supporting the idea of more exclusive streaming options. Everything has its own streaming service nowadays and it's gotten to the point of being ridiculous. People bitch and moan about cable pricing but to have all these streaming services plus a good internet connection it ends up being closer to the same price as cable to begin with. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

For me it's personally more about not supporting the idea of more exclusive streaming options. Everything has its own streaming service nowadays and it's gotten to the point of being ridiculous. People bitch and moan about cable pricing but to have all these streaming services plus a good internet connection it ends up being closer to the same price as cable to begin with. 

But without the commercials!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

For me it's personally more about not supporting the idea of more exclusive streaming options. Everything has its own streaming service nowadays and it's gotten to the point of being ridiculous. People bitch and moan about cable pricing but to have all these streaming services plus a good internet connection it ends up being closer to the same price as cable to begin with. 

Yep. Not surprised honestly, people were like “oh, I can get the same stuff for way cheaper”, but then Hollywood and everyone else said “oh yeah? We have an app for that”.

Had to know they’d figure that out. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

In Devils news that I'm actually pissed off about. Apparently the Devils have 8 games that are exclusively on ESPN+/Hulu. 

I'm not paying for more streaming services. This is exactly the type of sh!t I was worried about when ESPN came on board. I'd rather have had NBC stick around.

 

fvcking bullsh!t. I’m not paying for that sh!t either. This is enraging. Eight games is a lot.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.