The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

yeah this is where i’m at. i don’t mind giving fitz another year or two at GM, but if there’s a single coach retained from the big club this year i will want to commit unalive

Me too. They all gotta go. No fvcking around. In fact, bring me motherfvcking Torts. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Me too. They all gotta go. No fvcking around. In fact, bring me motherfvcking Torts. 

We have a lot of passengers on this team. Torts hates guys who don't give a sh!t. That is not a problem with the guys we'd worry about under him: Nico & Jack. Bratt has found his groove and plays consistently now like a guy who gives a sh!t. AKA not a Torts problem child.

People will look at his Zegras comments about the Legg goal attempts, I don't care. Especially since he followed it up with a walk-back a broadcast or two later. Even still, I DO NOT CARE. We need guys to play with fire all the time, not just when they freaking feel like it. He will not tolerate the passengers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

We have a lot of passengers on this team. Torts hates guys who don't give a sh!t. That is not a problem with the guys we'd worry about under him: Nico & Jack. Bratt has found his groove and plays consistently now like a guy who gives a sh!t. AKA not a Torts problem child.

People will look at his Zegras comments about the Legg goal attempts, I don't care. Especially since he followed it up with a walk-back a broadcast or two later. Even still, I DO NOT CARE. We need guys to play with fire all the time, not just when they freaking feel like it. He will not tolerate the passengers.

He’d point at Tatar and Johnsson and say “You two…OUT!”  Before even introducing himself to the rest of the team.  

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

In other words, Tatar, Johnsson, Zacha, and Smith will be gone. 

Edited by slasher72

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’d point at Tatar and Johnsson and say “You two…OUT!”  Before even introducing himself to the rest of the team.  

3 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

In other words, Tatar, Johnsson, Zacha, and Smith will be gone. 

BE026BDC-1BA6-447B-B296-34BEDCE736E4.gif

Edited by jagknife

Sounds great (can’t believe I’m actually open to Torts at this point), but it won’t matter one bit without better goaltending. Idc who the coach is. If Fitz thinks just swapping out the coaching staff is enough, and then runs it back with a tandem of *Blackwood and Daws next season…well I think we’d be in for another long year to say the least. 

Idk how you even fix it without trading away good core pieces (that we finally have), but that’s his job to figure it out. 

*I’m assuming Bernier is done. 

Edited by Nicomo

15 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

He also has 2 goals in his last 9 games played.

1 G and 2 A in his last 8 GP (he broke a 7-game drought his last game), but it's his first real slump of his first full AHL season.  He was plenty hot prior (15 G over 23 GP).  

• Like 1

If the owners allow this coaching staff to return next year, it proves they don't give a sh!t about the devils.   

Hes what, 40ish and 60plus losses in 2 seasons.  Half of those could've been wins if they actually had proper coaching, despite their goaltending issues.   Can't blame it on the offense, when you have a legit future top 10 player 

The Devils are scoring 3+ goals pretty routinely now.  But as everyone knows, when you’re getting league-worst goaltending, impossible to win consistently, even when the goals are coming.

• Like 1