Jump to content

Jimmy Hayes dead


mikemarc1
 Share

Recommended Posts

The end of this week’s spittin chiclets had about 15-20 minutes of tributes to Jimmy from people around the league/hockey.

It closes with one from Maroon who credits Hayes with changing his mindset when he got to an organization, presumably Jersey based on the story. Maroon says he got to an organization, he came in banged up with injuries, mentally not in a good place and it was affecting his attitude. But Hayes’ personality helped him feel welcomed but he credits him with changing his life and the way he approached hockey.

there was also a nice story from Trochek who talked about one game in Florida Hayes was scratched during morning skate, but instead of going out and bitching/sulking about it, he went out and bought a car.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The tribute to Jimmy by Ryan Whitney in that episode is heart breaking.  Make sure to have a box of tissues around.  I know I'm getting softer in my old age and by becoming a father, but man, that was hard to listen to.

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 9/1/2021 at 2:58 PM, Jimmy Leeds said:

Simply heartbreaking for this young man and his loved ones. 

 

Any word on what the hell happened?

 

On 9/1/2021 at 11:08 PM, aylbert said:

Undetermined from autopsy, pending toxicology 

Toxicology came back Friday, fentanyl and cocaine

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-former-nhl-player-jimmy-231557697.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, aylbert said:

 

Toxicology came back Friday, fentanyl and cocaine

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-former-nhl-player-jimmy-231557697.html

Sad. Very sad. He had made at least one attempt to get clean but it wasn't enough. Without knowing all the details of the toxicology there's no telling if it was cocaine laced with fentanyl or a combination of high doses of opioid pain meds in addition to taking coke.  Lethal either way and a sign of the times unfortunately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Sad. Very sad. He had made at least one attempt to get clean but it wasn't enough. Without knowing all the details of the toxicology there's no telling if it was cocaine laced with fentanyl or a combination of high doses of opioid pain meds in addition to taking coke.  Lethal either way and a sign of the times unfortunately. 

Well, it’s been reported that there was cocaine and fentanyl in his system, I think it’s reasonable to assume if there were also high doses of other pain medications being taken, that would have been reported as well. I can’t imagine they would release the coke and fentanyl info and leave out the other drugs in his system.

Obviously it’s technically possible, but it seems unlikely to me. If there was also a sh!tload of oxy in his system, they’d report that too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with you, his Dad however seems to focus on the pain killers here which was why I brought it up. In the end he clearly had a problem that ultimately whether intentional or not cost him his life. The hole in his families heart will never heal. His wife's comment about never seeing signs of anything would make it seem like she was totally unaware yet the Dad mentions him having been to rehab. 

Kudos to the family for sharing their painful story in the hopes of helping others. There's a lot to be said for that! 

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32419258

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to his wife, she is completely surprised and she had no idea, stating he never showed signs that he was struggling with drugs. 

Which, of course, is not unexpected, many addicts try to hide what they are up to. Apparently he had her completely in the dark, if her quotes are to be believed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh.........so sad.   

Addiction is so horrific

As is the free flow of fentanyl into America. 

It's just walking right into America killing untold thousands and we as a country do NOTHING about it

Infuriating

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Ugh.........so sad.   

Addiction is so horrific

As is the free flow of fentanyl into America. 

It's just walking right into America killing untold thousands and we as a country do NOTHING about it

Infuriating

I mean the opioid crisis in America was entirely preventable but $$$$$.

The Pharmacist on Netflix is a heartbreaking watch from start to finish. The lengths large companies would go to just to make profit to the point of trying to destroy one man's life is astounding. 

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2021 at 1:03 PM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I mean the opioid crisis in America was entirely preventable but $$$$$.

The Pharmacist on Netflix is a heartbreaking watch from start to finish. The lengths large companies would go to just to make profit to the point of trying to destroy one man's life is astounding. 

And ZERO accountability.   Not woke enough I guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.