2021 NFL Season

NJDevs4978

Bills are coming up small in one too many spots…I thought that they were more ready to win than they really are.

Big win for the Pats in that now it’s truly on the Bills to win the rematch in NE.  The Pats may need it to nab the #1 seed, but the Bills may need it for their playoff lives.  

Kudos to the Dolphins for not falling apart.  They’ve made their season respectable.  Their game against NE might very well matter for BOTH teams.

I didn't realize how absurd the Pats' offensive stat sheet was till I looked up the fact they only threw three passes, though I saw all the Twitter mentions about how they were playing like a service academy and the Manningcast commented on actually being shocked at seeing throws late in the game.

12 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I didn't realize how absurd the Pats' offensive stat sheet was till I looked up the fact they only threw three passes, though I saw all the Twitter mentions about how they were playing like a service academy and the Manningcast commented on actually being shocked at seeing throws late in the game.

Reminded me of the game where Tim Tebow went something 2-for-8...Mac went 2-for-3 in this one.  The predictability of the game plan was a bit much sometimes, and Buffalo missing that FG down 14-10 was HUGE...it really was a winnable game for Buffalo, but at the same time, when there's so little offense (both sides COMBINED for well under 500 yards), you're probably going to be able to make that argument for both sides...in the end, Pats were able to run it pretty damned well.

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Reminded me of the game where Tim Tebow went something 2-for-8...Mac went 2-for-3 in this one.  The predictability of the game plan was a bit much sometimes, and Buffalo missing that FG down 14-10 was HUGE...it really was a winnable game for Buffalo, but at the same time, when there's so little offense (both sides COMBINED for well under 500 yards), you're probably going to be able to make that argument for both sides...in the end, Pats were able to run it pretty damned well.

This was one of the best games of the season, just to watch the Pats do what they did on offense and defense. Really great.

7 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

This was one of the best games of the season, just to watch the Pats do what they did on offense and defense. Really great.

It was nuts.  Wind was insane.

Due to finishing 7-9 last year, the Pats had an easier schedule than they're used to...they didn't to have face KC this year, for example.  Will be interesting to see how they fare against some of these teams if they can get into the playoffs...I know, seems like a forgone conclusion that they'll get in, but they still have to face the Colts and the Bills again...and the Dolphins have picked it up.  If they beat the Bills a second time, that should wrap up the East.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It was nuts.  Wind was insane.

Due to finishing 7-9 last year, the Pats had an easier schedule that they're used to...they didn't to have face KC this year, for example.  Will be interesting to see how they fare against some of these teams if they can get into the playoffs.

I think you could argue the Pats are the best AFC team, but then again the AFC is wide open. A few teams could get hot at the right time. I like the Colts better than a couple other teams, like Tennessee and the Chargers, and the Colts may not even get in.

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

I think you could argue the Pats are the best AFC team, but then again the AFC is wide open. A few teams could get hot at the right time. I like the Colts better than a couple other teams, like Tennessee and the Chargers, and the Colts may not even get in.

They've been the best team over the last two months or so, but a rookie QB come crunch time and playoffs...hard to say how he'll do until we see him in that position.  Brady did have a whole year to sit and learn and pick Bledsoe's brain (which Bledsoe said he did constantly)...Brady also probably learned first-hand from Bledsoe what throws NOT to make (Bledsoe could make some horrible decisions at times).  Mahomes also sat for most of his first season.

Put it this way...would it be a total shock if the Pats lost their next two games?  I don't think it would be.  The Colts and Bills have proven themselves to be erratic, but they can win big when everything's clicking.      

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 4:17 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They've been the best team over the last two months or so, but a rookie QB come crunch time and playoffs...hard to say how he'll do until we see him in that position.  Brady did have a whole year to sit and learn and pick Bledsoe's brain (which Bledsoe said he did constantly)...Brady also probably learned first-hand from Bledsoe what throws NOT to make (Bledsoe could make some horrible decisions at times).  Mahomes also sat for most of his first season.

Put it this way...would it be a total shock if the Pats lost their next two games?  I don't think it would be.  The Colts and Bills have proven themselves to be erratic, but they can win big when everything's clicking.      

Yep, two losses.  Not surprised.  Pats are officially pretenders, but at the same time, didn’t really expect them to contend this season anyway.  Now it’s can they recover and win their final two games?

22 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If the Dolphins win tomorrow, they move into the 7 seed. I can’t fvcking believe this is a sentence I’m actually typing lol

And only a game behind the Pats to boot!  That game in Miami could wind up meaning a HELL of a lot.

• Like 1

I’m not as surprised the Pats blew it as I am that Buffalo actually took control of the division back after being emasculated two weeks ago. And I still don’t trust them enough to assume they won’t blow one of the last two somehow, but they manned up today.

I don’t really see the Fish going 10-7 either, not that they can’t win any individual game left on their schedule but normally when you have the kind of insane run from nowhere to get back into it, you have a run out of steam game sooner or later a la the 2011 Devils in mid-March.

Edited by NJDevs4978

One thing you can say about Brian Flores...so far in Miami, his teams sure as hell don't quit...even his first one, which was built to tank.  

• Like 1

Dolphins have a pair of toughies coming up:  @Tennesee and home against NE.  Win both and they're in.  They even have a shot at the division, though it's obviously a long one.

If the Pats can't beat the Jags at home, well, they simply don't deserve to get in.  One of those seasons where as a Pats fan you really have to keep your expectations solidly calibrated...yeah, BB did go on a hell of an offseason spending spree, but you never know how it's going to go with a rookie QB.  And re:  Mac, the big question is he one of those "quick to develop" young guys who's already just about reached his ceiling and won't get much better, or is there a lot of yet-untapped upside?  Clearly not a question to be answered 15 games into his rookie year, but not sure that he's going to become THAT much better than he is right now.  Having better weapons to throw to won't hurt either (enough with Harry already).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Dolphins have a pair of toughies coming up:  @Tennesee and home against NE.  Win both and they're in.  They even have a shot at the division, though it's obviously a long one.

It would be the most Dolphins thing ever to lose to Tannehill. But if they can get this Titans game somehow, the Pats game could be set up as a win and in for both teams. No expectations from me- I’ve been kicked in the balls my whole life by this franchise. I’m just gonna sit back and hope for the best. 

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

It would be the most Dolphins thing ever to lose to Tannehill. But if they can get this Titans game somehow, the Pats game could be set up as a win and in for both teams. No expectations from me- I’ve been kicked in the balls my whole life by this franchise. I’m just gonna sit back and hope for the best. 

No expectations from me either...based on the last two games, I can't say that the Pats look ready to me...this is another BB D that will have solid season numbers, but is extremely vulnerable and can be beat in big spots.  Overall he's done a solid job with this team and the call to go right to Mac was 100% the correct one...but like I've always said, Brady made a lot of people look good up there for a long time...just ask his current coach, Bruce Arians.      

• Like 1

Pats make the playoffs, though next week’s game still matters…Colts hold the tiebreaker against them.  Division is the Bills’ to lose…can’t see them blowing it against the Jets.

Rough day for the Dolphins…didn’t expect them to get killed.  

Didn't realize that the Dolphins were eliminated from a potential playoff berth with their loss yesterday...ouch...still, to be relevant heading into Week 17 after a 1-7 start, something to be said for that.  Feels like Tua is playing himself outta Miami though.

Friggin' Antonio Brown and his Frank-The-Tank striptease...part of me can't but help but think "Thug/punk/jerk/all-around bad guy", but there's also a part of me that wonders how many of his issues are CTE-related...apparently, Mike Webster's son (Webster played for the Steelers and was living in his truck shortly before he passed...he suffered from a severe case of CTE) reached out to AB via Twitter and basically begged him to get help.    

20 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Rough day for the Dolphins…didn’t expect them to get killed.  

I’ve come to expect these bullsh!t performances in big games against good teams late in the season with this franchise. Sadly, it’s all I’ve known my entire life. Being a lifelong Dolphins fan is pain.