2021 NFL Season

NJDevs4978

The only thing that surprised me about that Rams/Bucs Hollywood production was how it ended. I me you just see this stuff and you can literally predict the insane miracles and breaks and Rams gaffes that were going to transpire. This is getting just too damn bizarre.

I'm shocked the Bucs didn't pull it off. The Rams were choking at a level I have never seen before

What an absolute gut punch for Buffalo. They had their ticket punched for Super Bowl #5...ripped away. KC who for so many years endured playoff gut punch after playoff gut punch...are now the ones delivering the gut punches

This is gonna be a tough one for Buffalo to recover from. 13 seconds to go, Josh Allen heroically on the road gives them the lead and they give up two chunk plays and a tying field goal.

This weekend was just...crazy.  Four unbelievable games.

Yeah the Rams looked like they were on the way to complete destruction...to pull it out (in regulation no less) was beyond huge for them, especially Stafford.

re:  Buffalo, too early in their window to feel like this loss will kill them...yeah, incredibly tough loss for sure, but they are really friggin' good.  The question will be is KC going to be the team that keeps getting in their way, come playoff time?

And their game reminds me how far behind the Pats are...they have a lot of work to do (and they gotta start nailing more draft picks).

Some chatter about Brady possibly calling it a career...can't picture it...still feels like he has so much more football in him, even in his mid-40s.  You wonder how long guys like Allen and Mahomes will last.   

I do feel bad for Buffalo fans, that kind of loss just adds to the angst of the city never having a championship. Especially since Buffalo would have likely been favored to win their remaining games. But they do have time, the conference isn’t getting any easier though. It’s just kind of depressing seeing how far away the Jets are still from that kind of football despite the good things that did happen this year.

Green Bay only winning two SB’s with thirty years of Favre and Rodgers is the biggest low key collective underachievement by a franchise.

33 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I do feel bad for Buffalo fans, that kind of loss just adds to the angst of the city never having a championship. Especially since Buffalo would have likely been favored to win their remaining games. But they do have time, the conference isn’t getting any easier though. It’s just kind of depressing seeing how far away the Jets are still from that kind of football despite the good things that did happen this year.

Green Bay only winning two SB’s with thirty years of Favre and Rodgers is the biggest low key collective underachievement by a franchise.

Favre was just too damned reckless...but he did play forever.  

Rodgers just seems more and more like a total d!ck...talented as hell, but not the kind of guy who galvanizes a team (the way Brady can).  The more that Rodgers says for all to hear, the worse off he comes.  

Wow…Bengals with the massive comeback.

One last time:  Arrowhead being this incredibly tough place to win for opponents is a major myth.  The Chiefs lose their fair share of big games in that building.

Some will pick on Mahomes, but his career has a looooooong way to go.  He’ll get plenty of other chances.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

@Nicomocongrats my friend!

Ditto…enjoy this!  You’ve slogged through a lot of sh!tty years to get here.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

So the Jets beat the AFC Champs lol...it is amazing one week after that whole coin tosses win OT's meme, the Bengals proved that wasn't true by a longshot.

And yeah the Chiefs have had their share of cursed history, that's why I wouldn't have been too annoyed if they won another one.  Pretty much anyone except SF with their five SB's and coaching around their QB I'd be happy if they won and I don't even dislike the Niners.

Edited by NJDevs4978

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Thanks brother! Super proud of my team. Absolutely no one gave them a chance in this one. 

Myself included; I did pick them last week, but I didn’t think they were ready to win this kind of game yet. Clearly I was wrong. Coming back from down 18 on the road in KC in the AFC Championship game is no small feat.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Feels like Jimmy G just threw his last pass for the 49ers.

Looks like we can hire our next coach if we want now. McDaniel is reportedly the favorite (although there’s been some Harbaugh noise the last few hours. I’ll believe that when I see it).

5 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

This pretty much sums it up

The irony is that the Rams did reach a Super Bowl with Goff, and the Niners got to one with Jimmy G.  But yeah, doesn’t feel like you can go all the way with either of them.  Get the feeling Jimmy G will now have a Fitzpatrick-type career…good enough to bounce around the league for several seasons, but will be more a stopgap/get-by-with type until a better option becomes available.

Brady now officially retired, as everyone knows.

Basically went out of his way to thank everyone but the Patriots...upon Kraft posting a tribute, Brady then posted a very brief thank you to the Pats and the fanbase.

Hard to think he didn't do that intentionally.  We may never know the whole story, and I don't need to...the real story was told during his many seasons and championships as a Patriot...if not for him, the Pats aren't the Pats, and a guy like Josh McDaniels doesn't get a second chance to fail as a head coach (that Raiders gig will not go well).  But seems like for all of the times Brady's taken the high road and had nothing but good things to say about the Patriots and BB and others, there's not much love lost.  Guess we'll see if he has anything more to add in the future.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Brady now officially retired, as everyone knows.

Basically went out of his way to thank everyone but the Patriots...upon Kraft posting a tribute, Brady then posted a very brief thank you to the Pats and the fanbase.

Hard to think he didn't do that intentionally.  We may never know the whole story, and I don't need to...the real story was told during his many seasons and championships as a Patriot...if not for him, the Pats aren't the Pats, and a guy like Josh McDaniels doesn't get a second chance to fail as a head coach (that Raiders gig will not go well).  But seems like for all of the times Brady's taken the high road and had nothing but good things to say about the Patriots and BB and others, there's not much love lost.  Guess we'll see if he has anything more to add in the future.

And, Brady took less money for his Patriot contracts in the 2010s, which gave the team cap flexibility. Not every star QB does that.  

4 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

And, Brady took less money for his Patriot contracts in the 2010s, which gave the team cap flexibility. Not every star QB does that.  

I will never have a bad word to say about Brady...I still rooted for him as a Buc (the lone exception being when he played the Pats).  I'm just lucky that I got to see him play the majority of his career with my team.  Completely changed the course of their history.  

• Like 1

It just feels strange, that the Cincinnati Bengals (and good for them, nothing against them) have reached the Super Bowl before I even got a chance to see the Jets get to one. Even the Bengals get their day in the sun before us. 

I can see them putting a scare into LA, but I think the Rams take this 27-16