Hockeys back! Rookie Camp With Streaming! Sun vs BOS 1pm

DevilMinder

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/devils-announce-2021-prospects-challenge-roster-i-release/c-326161438

All games will be streamed on newjerseydevils.com in promotional partnership with MSG Networks: Friday, Sept. 17, Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 19, New Jersey vs. Boston, 1 p.m.

Rosters below

cut.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The other way to possibly look at it is: if you’re eligible for a rookie camp, why not go? Is there anyone eligible who’s just simply not attending? 

A few extra days of training with the coaches and skating with the team never hurt anyone. 

You’re not wrong…..

46 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The other way to possibly look at it is: if you’re eligible for a rookie camp, why not go? Is there anyone eligible who’s just simply not attending? 

A few extra days of training with the coaches and skating with the team never hurt anyone. 

And yet another way to look at it...assuming a guy like Zetterlund even has a choice to begin with, is it a great look for a guy who's clearly now lower on the depth chart and likely running out of chances to stay in the Devils' plans to say "Nah, I don't need any extra work, not gonna bother."  A guy like him really has to go the extra mile now to prove he's not just some journeyman who maybe gets 50-100 games at the NHL level, if even that many.  I kinda remember Q really trying to make more of an impression at the end.

So yeah, 100% in Zetterlund's best interests to do every little thing he can not to be "just another guy" and try to stand out, but being that he's four years removed from his draft season and indeed in Rookie Camp Numero Cinco, I don't kid myself about his future.  But not like 3rd-rounders are ever sure things.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Cordell’s take. 

Looks like Holtz, Mercer, and Foote will be given every opportunity to earn a spot. If they don’t impress I guess some of the PTO guys will get a one year deal

As long as they don't rush any of them i will be happy. they did a great job with ty, and i hope they continue. Personally I hope all the kids get at least a full year in utica. 

7 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

As long as they don't rush any of them i will be happy. they did a great job with ty, and i hope they continue. Personally I hope all the kids get at least a full year in utica. 

Man, talk about something that was old being new again. Still feels weird to be in Utica and not be the Utica Devils.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Man, talk about something that was old being new again. Still feels weird to be in Utica and not be the Utica Devils.

Kinda hoping they do a throwback night and rock that old logo. I always had a soft spot for the Utica Devils because that was that farm team when I started following NJ

• Like 2