Training Camp 2021-22

Devil Dan 56

Blackwood also had an autograph signing the other day and took pictures with fans right next to them. Makes absolutely no sense to be doing that right before training camp either. 

I'd say I'm surprised the front office even allowed it but our front office has been an absolute embarrassment in how they have handled everything lately off the ice. 

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

As Brodeur showed us, you can root for the player without rooting for the person (who is kind of icky). It upsets me to see some of the accounts Blackwood follows but then I remember Brodeur follows way, way worse. 

Go Devils and all that, but I don’t think I’ll be sprinting to buy a blackwood jersey any time soon.

Didn't know that about Marty but he's also not on the team right now and his career is long over so that makes it a lot easier too. 

A lot of these things is also why I just wear a blank jersey, don't have to worry about the stupid sh!t the player can possibly do or if he sucks or gets traded. I've always been more of a logo on the front over the name on the back guy anyway. 

32 minutes ago, MB3 said:

As Brodeur showed us, you can root for the player without rooting for the person (who is kind of icky). It upsets me to see some of the accounts Blackwood follows but then I remember Brodeur follows way, way worse. 

Go Devils and all that, but I don’t think I’ll be sprinting to buy a blackwood jersey any time soon.

I’m completely fine with separating the art from the artist and all that, but this is a little different. Blackwood is part of a team, and his actions (or in this case lack of action) is going to hurt his entire team. Not only is it stupid, it’s selfish. If I was one of his teammates I’d be pretty annoyed with him right now.

Two years in a row with goalie drama before the season even starts. Ugh 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Who does Brodeur follow that is worse than Project Veritas, Bongino and Charlie Kirk?

Yuck, nevermind, looked at his twitter follows.  Not a pleasant list.

Edited by andy
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

Of course if it’s Blackwood I’m disappointed, pretty close to a worst-case scenario. Seeing the stuff he follows on instagram is pretty gross. 

I’m also incredibly disappointed in Masisak… he reported the roster was fully vaccinated. Then doubled down and said that the unvaccinated player was NOT on the active roster. And now has changed his tune without tweeting out an apology to his readers for sloppy, second-rate reporting?

Agreed, I thought the Athletic was supposed to give you better reporting for the privilege of paying for it?  

re: Marty, I’m glad Twitter and social media wasn’t around then, or at least wasn’t as omnipresent. I didn’t even know about his ‘media follows’ till seeing it referenced on the interwebs. Generally sometimes I think we’re better off going back to when we didn’t know sh!t about these guys off the field. Of course you take the good with the bad though, a lot of people use their louder megaphones for more humanitarian and smarter purposes too.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Team A

Johnsson-Hischier-Bratt
Vesey-McLeod-Thompson
Greer-Schnarr-Zetterlund
Gauthier

Smith-Severson
Okhotiuk-Walsh
Groleau

Bernier, Daws

TEAM B

Wood-Zacha-Kuokkanen
Gamberdella-Jankowski-Holtz
Talvitie-Mercer-Clarke
DeLeo

Siegenthaler-Subban
White-Bahl
Wotherspoon

Wedgewood

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

If you start giving out hockey rumors with risqué photos i think you’ve found an untapped niche and I will be your first follow. 

5 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Photos will be both tasteful and sensual.

I was going to say this was right up @MB3‘s alley and decided not to. Then he did it himself, better than I ever could have lol. 

Graves-Hamilton makes sense.  

Kouk-Zacha-Holtz is a strange 3rd line. Although Zacha being able to pass to someone who can shoot is intriguing. 

Wood-Mercer-Clarke is interesting too. We know the team is high on Mercer and Clarke. 

Foote-Boqvist-Studenic could be a 4th line but I think McLeod has that locked. It just makes more sense to have Zacha on wing with Boqvist and McLeod as the 3rd and 4th line centers. 

2ED55CF1-407C-4EE5-900E-7BE384392F81.thumb.jpeg.53940c1483573561b9a28aea932b5271.jpegA1BE7CF5-6F25-4F29-9ECC-F04A9D883706.thumb.jpeg.6fd69fa32ae0f665a6515f0d977da615.jpeg