Training Camp 2021-22

Devil Dan 56

12 minutes ago, Crisis said:

To reduce hand to hand transactions in the midst of a global pandemic.

This also, is laughable. It’s was debunked long ago that you cant or it is highly unlikely you actually catch the virus by things you touch, unless you’re shoving your fingers up your nose immediately after. We can’t use cash because we need to limit hand to hand transactions, but we can use door knobs and such. They use a scanner now and touch it to everyone’s cell phone to scan the tickets electronically… literally put the machine on my phone. But you’re right, this must be the reason for eliminating cash. Also, I’m pretty sure we’re not in the “midst” of this pandemic anymore, so seriously why don’t we just stop already. 

Edited by 2ELIAS6

4 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

This also, is laughable. It’s was debunked long ago that you cant or it is highly unlikely you actually catch the virus by things you touch, unless you’re shoving your fingers up your nose immediately after. We can’t use cash because we need to limit hand to hand transactions, but we can use door knobs and such. They use a scanner now and touch it to everyone’s cell phone to scan the tickets electronically… literally put the machine on my phone. 

Well yeah I agree on this much...unless they're sanitizing doors and toilet handles after every person uses it the cash thing as a safety precaution is just total eyewash.  It'd be one thing if you were just in a Dunkin Donuts for thirty seconds but it's another when you're in an arena for three hours, touching stuff touched by other people is unavoidable and not really the biggest avenue of spreading anyway.  Supermarkets and big chain stores aren't going cashless, they offer cashless options.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well yeah I agree on this much...unless they're sanitizing doors and toilet handles after every person uses it the cash thing as a safety precaution is just total eyewash.  It'd be one thing if you were just in a Dunkin Donuts for thirty seconds but it's another when you're in an arena for three hours, touching stuff touched by other people is unavoidable and not really the biggest avenue of spreading anyway.  Supermarkets and big chain stores aren't going cashless, they offer cashless options.

The Mets did the same exact thing if I recall correctly. I went to a game in July and no cash.

Edited by MadDog2020

Back in March 2020, the only pharmacy that had masks and gloves in stock would actually have us place our money into a giant bag of Purell gel, to sanitize it. They would leave it in there and take your change from the register. I assume at some point they were cleaning it off, drying it, and putting it in the register. But in the meantime, giant goo covered cash bag.

Are you saying all of that was unnecessary?