Jump to content

Training Camp 2021-22


Devil Dan 56

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So I know we haven't played a single game yet, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Vesey sign and then promptly get hat tricks against Buffalo and the Rangers.

And then never scores again. 

28 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hear ya on that, heh heh, but my only issue with guys like Vesey making the team is that it usually doesn't take all that long before they remind you of why they had to take a PTO in the first place.  Guess we'll see.

Agree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hear ya on that, heh heh, but my only issue with guys like Vesey making the team is that it usually doesn't take all that long before they remind you of why they had to take a PTO in the first place.  Guess we'll see.

I'm pretty sure it is his defensive play that is the biggest issue with him and that hasn't usually gone well for other guys who have joined this team. We'll see if maybe Elias can set him straight and make him a more responsible player. I doubt he has the production to make up for his lapses in his own zone at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Are you trying to encourage him to do it again, or not do it again? It’s unclear. Pencil in the urethra sounds like good viral video fun…

I think I saw Pencil in the Urethra supporting Marilyn Manson back in the day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Honestly it sounds like he’s going to get it. It doesn’t read as if he is outright denying it nor its effectiveness. 

for all we know he’s consulting doctors and getting mixed feedback.

Could have been a way worse statement from him. Something about tracking chips, perhaps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Could have been a way worse statement from him. Something about tracking chips, perhaps. 

Well lol... 

https://theathletic.com/news/devils-goalie-mackenzie-blackwood-says-he-is-only-unvaccinated-new-jersey-player/uDu8rDM3aCwf?amp=1#click=https://t.co/sxBdizpsCV

"Blackwood said he would "rather not" share what those concerns were."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greg Wysh had the Blackwood news shortly before Corey Masisak "reported" it.

I had the Blackwood news days ago when Masisak was reporting that the unvaccinated player is not on the active roster.

And people are paying Masisak $ to read this kind of reporting lmfao.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blackwood was also doing a meet and greet with fans at sports unlimited with no mask on right before training camp. Clearly he's not the brightest bulb. 

It's amazing how this front office has dropped the ball all around with covid. The only team in the area with no covid protocols for fans and they couldn't even convince the starting goalie that the shot is beneficial to him. We've been a joke on the ice for years, that stuff I can handle, it's part of the game but this is the worst front office I've ever had to deal with in my now like 20 years of being a season ticket holder. What a joke.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Greg Wysh had the Blackwood news shortly before Corey Masisak "reported" it.

I had the Blackwood news days ago when Masisak was reporting that the unvaccinated player is not on the active roster.

And people are paying Masisak $ to read this kind of reporting lmfao.

I honestly cannot stand Masisak. Athletic is good for some of their people but that guy has no business being one of them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Greg Wysh had the Blackwood news shortly before Corey Masisak "reported" it.

I had the Blackwood news days ago when Masisak was reporting that the unvaccinated player is not on the active roster.

And people are paying Masisak $ to read this kind of reporting lmfao.

I'm confused then. If he doesn't want to possibly put them in a position to lose is he not thinking he's the teams #1 goalie going into the season?  

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The statement to me reads as someone who is genuinely concerned and seeking reassurance. Maybe I am being naive, but he probably had the most serious case of COVID on the team last year and maybe he is worried about the affects of the vaccine. 

Hoping someone can provide the info he needs and gets the Vax. Based on his history it doesn't sound like getting it again would be a good thing for his long term health. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

At this point I would think this guy puts less value on money than our owners.

Ted DiBiase (Wrestling) - TV Tropes

It's gonna be interesting to see if it backfires though. I don't know a single season ticket holder who is happy about 0 protocols and I honestly do know a lot, talking 30-50 seats all together. I know a bunch who aren't going to games, some are selling their games, using buybacks or can afford to just give them to other people.

I am not going to the preseason games and I'm gonna push hard to get buybacks for all games to after the election. 

At this point I'm just assuming the front office got their data from the morons over in the Facebook group Devils all day all night. It's the only thing that makes any sense to me. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Doing research" at this point? I wonder what he would be researching and where he would be looking at this stage in the game. Did camp and preseason sneak up on him?  Maybe he's been talking with known expert Kyrie Irving?

 

 

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's gonna be interesting to see if it backfires though. I don't know a single season ticket holder who is happy about 0 protocols and I honestly do know a lot, talking 30-50 seats all together. I know a bunch who aren't going to games, some are selling their games, using buybacks or can afford to just give them to other people.

I am not going to the preseason games and I'm gonna push hard to get buybacks for all games to after the election. 

At this point I'm just assuming the front office got their data from the morons over in the Facebook group Devils all day all night. It's the only thing that makes any sense to me. 

Pretty much every Devils FB group are deleting any comments regarding the vaccine.  It just starts fights from both sides.

Regardless of where you stand, the Devils should have least some sort of protocols.  The vaccine or test one would allow anyone to attend and provide some sort of protection.  However, "muh freedoms" crowd being pretty loud along with our owners trying to maximize profits aren't helping things.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.