Training Camp 2021-22

Devil Dan 56

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I know absolutely nothing about watches, but I’m sure this thing is worth a few bucks…

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Love a nice watch. Hublot’s are very pricey. Rolex pricey. 

That’s about a $7500 watch. 

Anyone else find humor in someone handing Jesper a “You Blow” watch?

27 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i get email alerts when someone mentions me in NJDevs and this popped up on my phone and I had no answer for an inquisitive and very pregnant wife. 

Fortunately, she likely needed no explanation. Who knows you better??

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

This is my exact problem I have with the "stay home" and "the vaccine will protect you" crowd. Yes I do think the vaccine will protect me but I'd still rather avoid getting covid and I'd really rather not spend thousands of dollars and increase my odds of getting it by possibly sitting next to an unvaccinated, unmasked and possibly covid positive plague rat at a game. 

My dad and I are both vaccinated, and I had COVID back in January of this year, but I won't be attending any games without any sort of mandates in place.

My dad's 70+ - why tempt fate? I'm sure we would be fine, but I'm not going to risk it. Which really sucks, because we did our part to get through this pandemic but individuals who didn't will get to attend these games without a care in the world. Ah well.

So, lost revenue from us. We attend ~10 games a year.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Unfortunately I have family with recent health issues and can't go in person either. We all know more than half will not wear masks and top it off with yelling and cheering; that's a no go for me dawg.  Sucks.

Let’s hope the on ice product warrants that. 

Sorry to derail further from training camp, but where would people stand in terms of health insurance if they willfully decline the vaccine with no medical reason? 

Surely if you chose not to have the vaccine and end up in hospital needing intensive care your insurance isn't going to cover that?

13 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Sorry to derail further from training camp, but where would people stand in terms of health insurance if they willfully decline the vaccine with no medical reason? 

Surely if you chose not to have the vaccine and end up in hospital needing intensive care your insurance isn't going to cover that?

The vaccine is not mandatory, so the insurance company would never be able to exclude coverage. 

Add to that, one could be vaccinated and still get Covid and still be hospitalized, although with markedly reduced chances of that happening. How do you prove that in THAT person, the vaccine would have made any difference? Likely it would have, but maybe it wouldn’t. 

27 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

At my work, we recently had to complete a checklist of items if we wanted to stay with the lowest premium rate for our health insurance.  One of them is either show proof of vaccination or take a pretty long online seminar about COVID precautions.  Our company also offered an incentive to those who got vaccinated early with an extra PTO day for 2021 which I gladly submitted mine for.

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The vaccine is not mandatory, so the insurance company would never be able to exclude coverage. 

Add to that, one could be vaccinated and still get Covid and still be hospitalized, although with markedly reduced chances of that happening. How do you prove that in THAT person, the vaccine would have made any difference? Likely it would have, but maybe it wouldn’t. 

Yeah good points. Its not something I had thought about being from the UK, but the Blackwood discussion got me thinking. 

The whole system is basically alien to me, but the perception I get is that a lot of insurers will do their level best not to pay a claim, and that would on the face of it be a good reason not to. 

But as you have said, it's not mandatory. 

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

At my work, we recently had to complete a checklist of items if we wanted to stay with the lowest premium rate for our health insurance.  One of them is either show proof of vaccination or take a pretty long online seminar about COVID precautions.  Our company also offered an incentive to those who got vaccinated early with an extra PTO day for 2021 which I gladly submitted mine for.

Yeah , this was more in line of what I was thinking would happen. There is now way isnsurers aren't going to try and mitigate that risk. 

BTW what's a PTO day? 

2 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Yeah , this was more in line of what I was thinking would happen. There is now way isnsurers aren't going to try and mitigate that risk. 

BTW what's a PTO day? 

PTO is paid time off day.

Yeah if I don't complete the steps my health insurance piece alone for myself and my wife goes from $165ish to $350ish every 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

That they can surely do. 

41 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Yeah good points. Its not something I had thought about being from the UK, but the Blackwood discussion got me thinking. 

The whole system is basically alien to me, but the perception I get is that a lot of insurers will do their level best not to pay a claim, and that would on the face of it be a good reason not to. 

If it makes you feel better, the whole system is pretty alien to us here in America too.  Your perception is right on the money though

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Watch a John Grisham movie called "The Rainmaker".  It's Hollywood and an extreme case (and purely fictional of course), but yeah, insurers are a lot happier collecting their clients' money than they are paying it out...and they will look for any possibly loophole that they can to not to have to pay.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Watch a John Grisham movie called "The Rainmaker".  It's Hollywood and an extreme case (and purely fictional of course), but yeah, insurers are a lot happier collecting their clients' money than they are paying it out...and they will look for any possibly loophole that they can to not to have to pay.  

On catastrophic cases, that’s 100% correct. On normal everyday type stuff, not so much. 

48 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Will check it out. 

Currently working my way through the IMDB top 250. Shame it's not on there, always good to get a recommendation and one off the list. 

53 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

If it makes you feel better, the whole system is pretty alien to us here in America too.  Your perception is right on the money though

This always makes me laugh about if Breaking Bad had been set in the UK.

CbDdofTXEAAtG3j.thumb.jpg.cdce8040d49e440136a0dc4775bde08d.jpg

Anyway back to hockey. The lineup tonight is exciting. Was please to see Tom Wilson was not in the squad for the Caps. Don't fancy any of the kids getting killed in preseason. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

This always makes me laugh about if Breaking Bad had been set in the UK.

CbDdofTXEAAtG3j.thumb.jpg.cdce8040d49e440136a0dc4775bde08d.jpg

Anyway back to hockey. The lineup tonight is exciting. Was please to see Tom Wilson was not in the squad for the Caps. Don't fancy any of the kids getting killed in preseason. 

Great comic haha 

And yeah, I’m always glad to avoid Wilson. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Can confirm. My aunt is a claims lawyer for Chubb. She denies damn near every claim that comes across her desk lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Okay...then... I am thinking of adding Covid vaccine choice to the list of no go topics on this area of the forums.

Hell No Go Topics:

Politics

Jersey Authenticity

Sterio's love of Lou / PK.

Covid Vaccine.

Is that a mandate? 

• Shocking 1