2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Our first home game is Friday and it certainly doesn't look like we are going to have any changes in the covid proctols. I find our front office and ownership to be absolutely embarrassing.

I missed the Islanders announcement on Friday but now we are the only team in the area not doing the right thing...

Yeah this is infuriating at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I was contemplating going to the game on 10/1 but with zero protocols in place, I am inclined not to go.  It is silly that they have zero protocols and are ok with that along with full capacity.

I know I keep posting about it but I'm super frustrated with this organization and ownership. "Just stay home" really isn't an option for me when they have had my money since March of 2020 and I always expected the front office to do the right thing by the fans safety.

It's gonna be an argument and battle with them because the team doesn't want to issue refunds or credits. I'm honestly very surprised this team is willing to lose long term season ticket holders instead of being flexible for this season and just giving season ticket holders the option to defer more games as credits to next season. 

I don't get why we have a front office that acts like we have a waiting list for season tickets. People are not banging down the door looking to even go to a game let alone go to all 44 home games. It's beyond out of touch with reality. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know I keep posting about it but I'm super frustrated with this organization and ownership. "Just stay home" really isn't an option for me when they have had my money since March of 2020 and I always expected the front office to do the right thing by the fans safety.

It's gonna be an argument and battle with them because the team doesn't want to issue refunds or credits. I'm honestly very surprised this team is willing to lose long term season ticket holders instead of being flexible for this season and just giving season ticket holders the option to defer more games as credits to next season. 

I don't get why we have a front office that acts like we have a waiting list for season tickets. People are not banging down the door looking to even go to a game let alone go to all 44 home games. It's beyond out of touch with reality. 

My feelings towards this ownership has turned more and more sour over the past 2-3 years and this is yet another example of it.  From the snarkiness of their twitter towards their own fans asking for a roster for rookie camp, skipping over more qualified coaches due to cost, to seemingly putting more effort in the PA announcer contest than fan safety gives me the impression that the team cares more about making money than anything.  I fully understand they are a business and not a charity, but whomever is leading within the franchise (looking squarely at you Weber/Reynolds) doesn't seem to have an inkling of how to interact and treat their fans or put their interests ahead of their own.

This is such a big fail on the Devils part and unfortunately, I do not see them reversing course unless the state government steps in.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

My feelings towards this ownership has turned more and more sour over the past 2-3 years and this is yet another example of it.  From the snarkiness of their twitter towards their own fans asking for a roster for rookie camp, skipping over more qualified coaches due to cost, to seemingly putting more effort in the PA announcer contest than fan safety gives me the impression that the team cares more about making money than anything.  I fully understand they are a business and not a charity, but whomever is leading within the franchise (looking squarely at you Weber/Reynolds) doesn't seem to have an inkling of how to interact and treat their fans or put their interests ahead of their own.

This is such a big fail on the Devils part and unfortunately, I do not see them reversing course unless the state government steps in.

I know I complain a bit here and there but I've never actually had to talk to my rep this much ever before. That stuff like Twitter and the PA announcer are honestly things I really don't care about but I totally get your frustration. 

This is the first major issue I've ever had with this current ownership group and I really think they are reading the room wrong. I don't know a single season ticket holder who sits around me that is happy about this situation and the vast majority of them plan on using buybacks/selling most of their games for awhile. 

I have a bunch of mine listed for sale but I know there's no way the majority will sell. I'm probably just gonna go the route of fighting for more buybacks to use to at least November when the election is over and things might be changed by force. 

The craziest part to me is literally every other team in every other sport seems to have come up with a policy just fine. 

I do understand that they don’t want to piss people off, how many unvaccinated STH’s would be stomping around complaining if they weren’t allowed to use their tickets? 

But as this doesn’t seem to have been a concern anywhere else, I’m not sure that’s a very valid argument. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know I complain a bit here and there but I've never actually had to talk to my rep this much ever before. That stuff like Twitter and the PA announcer are honestly things I really don't care about but I totally get your frustration. 

This is the first major issue I've ever had with this current ownership group and I really think they are reading the room wrong. I don't know a single season ticket holder who sits around me that is happy about this situation and the vast majority of them plan on using buybacks/selling most of their games for awhile. 

I have a bunch of mine listed for sale but I know there's no way the majority will sell. I'm probably just gonna go the route of fighting for more buybacks to use to at least November when the election is over and things might be changed by force. 

The bolded are not deal breakers but just examples of smaller things that the team just doesn't seem to do right or going about it with minor-league thinking.

The NY teams have protocols in place because of state orders; I do not think NJ has them and I believe that it is due to the election as you are assuming as well.  Seems like the Devils for now are alright with playing with fire until their hand gets burned.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The craziest part to me is literally every other team in every other sport seems to have come up with a policy just fine. 

I do understand that they don’t want to piss people off, how many unvaccinated STH’s would be stomping around complaining if they weren’t allowed to use their tickets? 

But as this doesn’t seem to have been a concern anywhere else, I’m not sure that’s a very valid argument. 

The vaccinated vs unvaccinated debate has become super-political lately which should come as little to no surprise to anyone after the event of the past 18 months.  There are really loud voices on the very pro-vaccine and very anti-vaccine crowds.  I do think if they have protocols there will be some complaints, but I think the Devils should err on the side of caution with this and have something in place.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Re:  hiring a more "expensive" coach, I'm not sure that the Devils really would've been able to land one, given the state of the team. 

But I do agree that even though they've spent money on the team and the building, there's a disconnect between them and the fans, and they've definitely contributed heavily to that.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The vaccinated vs unvaccinated debate has become super-political lately which should come as little to no surprise to anyone after the event of the past 18 months.  There are really loud voices on the very pro-vaccine and very anti-vaccine crowds.  I do think if they have protocols there will be some complaints, but I think the Devils should err on the side of caution with this and have something in place.

I don't disagree. 

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Re:  hiring a more "expensive" coach, I'm not sure that the Devils really would've been able to land one, given the state of the team. 

And Ruff was certainly “qualified” even if he wasn’t the most exciting choice. 

27 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And Ruff was certainly “qualified” even if he wasn’t the most exciting choice. 

Yeah didn't really have an issue with him.  Just wish nASS wasn't allowed to stick around.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I agree that they should have "something" in place but people have to calm down a bit too. To me the perfect solution, that you're pro or anti-vaccine (or in between), should be that to attend crowded events or public wtv that you can either present a) a vaccination proof or b) a negative test that you took within the last day or so. This is only fair, respectful of people's stances and actually safer. Sure it would be more inconvenient for people requiring a test but at least they'd have the option to do something and still be safe.

In this case it's actually the vaxxed people that brings the more risk cause we do know breakthrough cases exists at the moment PLUS we don't know how much more contagious future variants could be, vaccines are already not as effective as they thought they'd be and they are not even sure what its going to take to achieve herd immunity. So god knows in a few months. Not looking forward to a 3rd and 4th shot. 

Edited by SterioDesign