2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

Give us a guy that can fill the net and we would take a huge step forward.  I'm just jealous, he's exactly the kind of guy we need up front.  I would think they would be out on Eichel as a result. Personally I would have serious concerns about Eichel and wouldn't give up the assets they're probably looking for but that's just me. 

• Like 1

Zibanejad kind of had a slow'ish start and i remember some saying he was going to be okay but not great. He really took a big step in his 7th season.

Hoping to see a big jump like this from Zacha this season. He sure looks like he could. He was on pace for about 57 pts last season and he looks stronger this season. Him. hitting 75 would be amazing for us

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I really like the look of both teams wearing their dark jerseys. Also Daws needs to get some paint or stickers on that helmet. 

C9C39BCE-9C54-4EC9-953A-9032DC44CFCB.jpeg

Really, at least try my man, that helmet looks like its from like 15 years before he was born lol. 

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

The jersey nerd in me can't stop looking at the terrible customization job on the numbers and names on those Utica Comets jerseys.

Yeah I was wondering what the deal is with that? Are they using a different style than the big club? Because I don’t know a ton of the ins and outs but those numbers look like the ones you find on a Devils jersey from one of those knockoff websites. 

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah I was wondering what the deal is with that? Are they using a different style than the big club? Because I don’t know a ton of the ins and outs but those numbers look like the ones you find on a Devils jersey from one of those knockoff websites. 

Yeah it is weird.  I saw better pictures of the back numbers and names this weekend and it looks like something a cut-rate small-time customizer would do for a peewee hockey team.

Funny thing is, a buddy of mine pointed out that Okhotyuk's jersey seemed to be with the Devils lettering while everyone else's were that weird font.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Yeah it is weird.  I saw better pictures of the back numbers and names this weekend and it looks like something a cut-rate small-time customizer would do for a peewee hockey team.

Funny thing is, a buddy of mine pointed out that Okhotyuk's jersey seemed to be with the Devils lettering while everyone else's were that weird font.

I saw some other random pictures too. I didn’t notice that Okhotyuk jersey. I’ll have to check again. That’s really lame if there are just using random customization. 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Kings bringing back the Chevy logo.

Concept looks great... if it wasnt for those weird hula-hoop things at the bottom. /s

Devils new alt is rumored to drop as soon as later this month or next month.

Rumor is that it is finally a black version.  Would make sense given the new pants logo plus the hats the players have been wearing.  I think it will be a black with gray and red accents.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Devils new alt is rumored to drop as soon as later this month or next month.

Rumor is that it is finally a black version.  Would make sense given the new pants logo plus the hats the players have been wearing.  I think it will be a black with gray and red accents.

Just curious why are you thinking grey? 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Just curious why are you thinking grey? 

New pants logo and hats the players have been wearing.  Gray is a common color.  It's the same hat that Marty and a bunch of former Devils players we wearing during the MB30 Golf Invitational a couple weeks back or so.  A bunch of players have been wearing that same hat as well during their interviews at training camp.

Mike Wagenman on Twitter: "This is the second time I've seen the logo on  Dougie's hat. Black & white, no red, & no ring around the logo. First  instance was Marty Brodeur's

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

New pants logo and hats the players have been wearing.  Gray is a common color.  It's the same hat that Marty and a bunch of former Devils players we wearing during the MB30 Golf Invitational a couple weeks back or so.  A bunch of players have been wearing that same hat as well during their interviews at training camp.

Mike Wagenman on Twitter: "This is the second time I've seen the logo on  Dougie's hat. Black & white, no red, & no ring around the logo. First  instance was Marty Brodeur's

ahh interesting. branding wise you'd assume it was going to be black, red and white but if they decide to do something slightly different grey would be the next logical way to go.