2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

From what Meigray has told me and other teams/dealers have been telling other game worn collectors, the RR program was indeed a one-season thing.

However, there is a rumor that the NHL is eyeing another either RR or other league-wide alternate scheme for the 22-23 season.  It also doesn't stop teams from making their RR their alternate as well.

Let’s really fvck with people and every team’s jersey has to be done in the color of their biggest rival. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Let’s really fvck with people and every team’s jersey has to be done in the color of their biggest rival. 

I forgot which one, but one of the more popular/larger IG hockey accounts floated that a few days ago.  They showed mockups of Canadiens jerseys in Leafs colors and vice-versa.

I think it will be either another RR but with different designs or something like a "color rush" theme.

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s insane from both sides. A 21 year old kid complaining about the AHL and an organization not trying to smooth things over a bit. Unless this has been an ongoing issue with him, then that makes more sense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That’s insane from both sides. A 21 year old kid complaining about the AHL and an organization not trying to smooth things over a bit. Unless this has been an ongoing issue with him, then that makes more sense. 

very much ongoing.  He  refused to report to Hartford last season and ran back to the KHL wasn't even sure he wanted to come back over after his KHL season ended to play for the rags JD had to give him a handy.  He pretty much got f*cked this year imo because they didn't want to expose  Gauthier who blows and Hunt who is nowhere as good on waivers. But he's a talented kid who's a huge headcase so I would pass too. This act isn't a one time thing on his part but it's a massive mishandling of an asset on the rags part. 

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

very much ongoing.  He  refused to report to Hartford last season and ran back to the KHL wasn't even sure he wanted to come back over after his KHL season ended to play for the rags JD had to give him a handy.  He pretty much got f*cked this year imo because they didn't want to expose  Gauthier who blows and Hunt who is nowhere as good on waivers. But he's a talented kid who's a huge headcase so I would pass too. This act isn't a one time thing on his part but it's a massive mishandling of an asset on the rags part. 

In that case, it couldn’t have happened to a better player or team. 

• Like 1