2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

So Seattle plays their first game in Seattle tonight against Vancouver. And you can only watch it on ESPN+ and Hulu. So we get robbed of a late night HNIC game, AND you can only watch the first home game for the NHL’s newest franchise on a streaming service. This is as NHL as it gets right here. 

Edited by MadDog2020

16 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

So Seattle plays their first game in Seattle tonight against Vancouver. And you can only watch it on ESPN+ and Hulu. So we get robbed of a late night HNIC game, AND you can only watch the first home game for the NHL’s newest franchise on a streaming service. This is as NHL as it gets right here. 

Maybe its better the world didn't see this... This is Nashville & Minnesota levels of cringe...

• Like 1

throw up team america GIF

Yikes…that REALLY feels forced.  Will there be a ceremony too?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

this guy is an absolute own-fart-smelling pretentious douche. He doesn’t even realize the helicopter is THE EXACT SAME NAME AS THE TEAM FOR THE SAME REASON. 

Lol what an awful take. While I know first-hand that only some Native Americans are offended by this type of imagery, if you are going to be a white dude and take a stand on it, you should at least be minorly informed. 

I won’t judge the guy for smelling his own farts, sometimes you just have to be proud of your creation. 

I will also use this opportunity to post this picture because it makes me laugh. 

51333896269_47e54719e1_z.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Lol what an awful take. While I know first-hand that only some Native Americans are offended by this type of imagery, if you are going to be a white dude and take a stand on it, you should at least be minorly informed. 

I won’t judge the guy for smelling his own farts, sometimes you just have to be proud of your creation. 

I’m all about the “whoa that was a good one” fart sniff, but you KNOW he uses his expensive wine glasses to corral it and waft it at his leisure

How does Kyle Dubas still have a job?   Dude inherited a 105 point team with young talent like Matthews, Reilly, Marner, Nylander, Hyman, Anderson, Kapanen etc and has proceeded to just completely botch the cap  to the point where half the team are guys that don’t belong on an NHL roster.   Best player right now is probably Jason Spezza.

Of course after spending the better part of 2015-2019 listening to Leafs fans and media brag about their surefire budding dynasty, it’s kind of fun to watch the implosion 

24 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

How does Kyle Dubas still have a job?   Dude inherited a 105 point team with young talent like Matthews, Reilly, Marner, Nylander, Hyman, Anderson, Kapanen etc and has proceeded to just completely botch the cap  to the point where half the team are guys that don’t belong on an NHL roster.   Best player right now is probably Jason Spezza.

Of course after spending the better part of 2015-2019 listening to Leafs fans and media brag about their surefire budding dynasty, it’s kind of fun to watch the implosion 

Matthews and Marner with a goal and an assist between them, Matthews having played 4 games but 7 for Marner. 

So those two guys equal one Dawson Mercer at this point, with 3 games in hand. 

• Like 1

😂

He built the team like an NBA team where you have a few stars and just fill in around them with minimum wage fodder.   That seems crazy to me.  They’re paying 4 forwards, and there’s no depth.   You basically need them all clicking at once all the time to do anything.  Does anyone think you can get through any meaningful stretch of playoffs without losing one of the 4 to injury or have one of them go cold?  Hell, both happened last year by the end of game 1.

They also severely overrated the 4 guys (as a group) that they decided to go all in on. Im shocked that they didn’t move on from Dubas last offseason  

On a side note...kinda funny how close "Dubas" is to "Dumbass".  Just sayin'.

And yeah does suck when you become top-heavy (salary-wise) with the wrong guys.  Makes it all the more crucial to hit on draft picks or to find relatively inexpensive talent hiding under rocks.

How long before one of Marner or Nylander is dealt?  Neither one has a no-trade or no-movement.    

2 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Yeah the whole "mark my words, the Leafs will win a cup in the next 5 years" fans that's been saying this for over 5 years lol Hard to feel bad for them

Spencer Knight (Panthers goalie, got called up last season) now has 6 wins in his first 6 NHL regular season starts.

Happy for him mostly because my nephew is friends with him (they grew up in Darien, CT together...graduated in the same class...my neff's about 3 1/2 months older), and he says that Knight is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people you could ever hope to meet...they caught up over the summer and my neff said he's still the exact same guy that he was before he got his call-up.  It was obviously a big deal locally up there that a kid was selected 13th overall in the 2019 draft (first goalie taken, and the only one picked in the first round of that draft)...cool to hear that he hasn't let it all go to his head.   

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I hate the Panthers. They need to start losing. Unfortunately they look pretty good this year. 

Yeah can't say that I have any great love for the Panthers, just happy for that guy.  Of course as soon as he's in net against the Devils, bye-bye happiness.  

• Like 1