2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

If you are interested in what Toews and Kane had to say in detail check out this guys twitter, he writes for the athletic but he tweeted out as they did their individual zoom calls last night. There's a lot of content all in one place. Kind of jealous how there's so much real sh!t on this guys twitter, it must be nice to have that kind of coverage minus the sex abuse scandal part. Just scroll down 20 hours ago on his account for the 2 clowns.  But there's good stuff before that as well relating to the whole thing.

Hawks Athletic Writers twitter account

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Couldn’t have said it any better.

fvck you Toews. We already knew Kane was trash but congrats on joining him, loser. 

That’s pretty impressive by JR.  

Kinda makes EJ and Dano look like empty suits.  

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2

Good for her she nailed it.

As for EJ. OK. Hello Kenny did he jump in at any point thereafter? I would think everybody who's lives the game would be chomping at the bit to get in on the conversation and jump all over the hawks. 

Bravo Jackie. 

I think Erika hosts NHL live tomorrow if I'm not mistaken it will be interesting to see how aggressive her take is. I would think it would be much more subdued. Go for it kid. 

I loved her underlying point which was that even if you want to give kids like Toews and Kane the benefit of the doubt when they were 22, that’s all the more reason why the adults in the room needed to act. To SHOW Toews, Kane, etc that this is not okay, to set a fvcking example.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Dunno....don't think that would make them look any better, if anything might make them look worse, trying to run from the situation. 

I agree, it would make them look worse. I get the feeling they would bail in search of a fresh start. The Blackhawks are bad AND tainted now. It's going to be a miserable place to play. 

45 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I loved her underlying point which was that even if you want to give kids like Toews and Kane the benefit of the doubt when they were 22, that’s all the more reason why the adults in the room needed to act. To SHOW Toews, Kane, etc that this is not okay, to set a fvcking example.

Yeah she started off focused  on how wrong it was for him to focus on how good Bowman was to him and how none of this was about him, none of that mattered. How wrong it was of him to focus on any of that especially after all this time.  She did eventually move onto the management team should of done their job etc. siting the age of Towes and Kane.  Both those clowns defended Bowman by focusing on how good he was to them, they solidified their position as two of the biggest scumbags out there. FFS how they couldn't say the right thing after having time to be prepped and read the situation is mind-boggling, but they did it.

To answer the question a couple of posts about do I think they would like to run away and move on - yes.  Sure they would like to be traded. Imo f*ck them and their complete lack of morals oh yeah and their 10.5M cap hit.  Can't imagine too many teams lining up to take on the toxicity especially any time soon. 

Edited by titans04
  • Like 2

I am surprised so many people are surprised with Towes and Kane's comments. The culture of hockey, and most pro sports is team first, win at all costs and any "weakness" is to be expolited.

They are are both in team first mode, it's all they know. The culture that stopped Beach getting help and meant he had to carry that burden for 11 years is going to be the same thing that stops the majority of players still in the NHL from saying anything remotely meaningful. 

Its fvcking sad, and it needs to change quickly, we can't have the fear of losing your career and what you have dreamed of be silenced by intimidation. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

Anybody get the feeling that Toews and/or Kane would waive no-movement clauses to get out of town?

Toews wouldn’t be a captain anywhere else at this point and he/Kane would be sneered at anywhere else they went. They didn’t accomplish what they did for those teams, they’re just tainted, older name players for anyone else. They’ll still have fans taking up for them in Chicago and wanting to forgive and forget.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I am surprised so many people are surprised with Towes and Kane's comments. The culture of hockey, and most pro sports is team first, win at all costs and any "weakness" is to be expolited.

They are are both in team first mode, it's all they know. The culture that stopped Beach getting help and meant he had to carry that burden for 11 years is going to be the same thing that stops the majority of players still in the NHL from saying anything remotely meaningful. 

Its fvcking sad, and it needs to change quickly, we can't have the fear of losing your career and what you have dreamed of be silenced by intimidation. 

The good news is there is change coming. Hall’s very upset about the players not helping, Nico said in that interview a while back he wants his teammates to feel comfortable coming to him about all things, not just hockey. Those are just two examples I can think of a 630. Is it a quick solution, nope, but is it a start and a step when at least one face of the league is saying this is fvcked up.

Hell, we even have the hard ass Himself, Torts, dumbfounded at how irresponsible they were for not helping the player. 

I truly think the fallout from this will ripple to a culture change with the league, this is too high profile and too much of a negative spotlight that it can’t adapt.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1