2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

56 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

That's crazy

I love it, good for him. During his interview on Chiclets, he clearly did his research with his doctors and support staff and they all said this was the best solution for him. The Pegulas took it personal and screwed the guy over. Screw them and their pathetic team

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

I love it, good for him. During his interview on Chiclets, he clearly did his research with his doctors and support staff and they all said this was the best solution for him. The Pegulas took it personal and screwed the guy over. Screw them and their pathetic team

I hope he comes back with a fire lit up under his ass. I definitely wouldn't be saying this if he was in our division, of course. 

• Like 1

While no longer with the Devils, Andy Greene was one of my personal favorite Devils of all-time.  Tonight he will be playing his 1000th career game which is crazy, but I am really happy for him.  Wish he could add a cup before he retires, but I don't want him to do it on one of our rivals.

At one point I had about 8-10 Andy Greene game worn jerseys.  I have sold off almost all of them over the past 2-3 years but still have these two:

Andy Greene 2006-07 red set 2 - Worn by Andy in his NHL debut game.  He also scored his first point in this jersey as well, an assist, on 1/20/2007.

Andy Greene 2012 Stanley Cup Finals white set 2 - Worn by Andy in games 4 & 6 of the 2012 SCF.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The idiot Rag fans still think Subban is responsible, because he happened to be standing near Blais when he got hurt.

That's not exactly accurate, my man. "Standing near" him? Come on. 

It may not have been a total obvious slewfoot like the rest of them, but their skates collided after PK stuck his leg out. I think that's PK's default move when he knows he is beat to the puck, he just sticks his leg out to try to get in the guy's way. 

Watching the game, I didn't think it looked flagrant. But, check out the reverse angle at 2:19 of this video. It looks to me like he's sticking his leg out intentionally, because if he's not, I don't know what the fvck else he was doing. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Subban’s been a dirty rat all season but I really don’t see it with this play. They both took weird angles going in, PK didn’t stick his leg out. 

His right leg is extended for no apparent reason. He sees that he was beaten to the puck and he tries to establish position on Blais by sticking out that leg, and they hit skates.  Given that and his recent history for tripping everyone he possibly can, I don't see it as defensible. 

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I was more laughing at Parise and Palms with 0 goals but we only have 3? We have 14 different players who have scored at least 1 goal and the defense has 8 goals combined.

Yes, we have 3 guys who have played more than 10 that don't have one. One is Siegenthaler and that's expected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That's not exactly accurate, my man. "Standing near" him? Come on. 

It may not have been a total obvious slewfoot like the rest of them, but their skates collided after PK stuck his leg out. I think that's PK's default move when he knows he is beat to the puck, he just sticks his leg out to try to get in the guy's way. 

Watching the game, I didn't think it looked flagrant. But, check out the reverse angle at 2:19 of this video. It looks to me like he's sticking his leg out intentionally, because if he's not, I don't know what the fvck else he was doing. 

Not nearly as blatant as his previous transgressions.

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I was more laughing at Parise and Palms with 0 goals but we only have 3? We have 14 different players who have scored at least 1 goal and the defense has 8 goals combined.

Parise has 7 goals and 14 assists over his last 57 GP.  Next year he'll be 38.  Feels like this could (should?) be his last season.  At any rate, he came on a cheap flyer deal...if you don't get anything out of him, and conclude sooner than later that he doesn't have anything left, it's not hurting you.

10 G and 16 A for Palms in his last 63 regular season GP...throw in his 19 playoff games from last year, and he has an 82-game body of (lack of) production that's concerning:  17 G and 18 A.  $5 million per season is a lot to pay for someone who is expected to score and isn't...he did have a solid game against the Devils, but he's gotta start burying those opportunities...this isn't some kid learning how to finish...this a vet who was supposed to finish to the tune of 25+ goals per season, based on what he signed for.   

• Like 1