2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Would they even take Foote?  I can't imagine that the dumpster fire that is Foote's skating is evading any teams scouts anymore.

Foote seems like a guy who's destined to be a solid AAAA player who might put up some intriguing offensive numbers in the A, but won't do much whenever he's given a shot with the big club.

I know I've said it a bunch, but that really does sum up a lot of what's in Utica right now.  I know it's limited sample stuff, but look at what those players have done in the NHL.  Not saying NONE of them will make it (or can't possibly succeed in whatever role they're asked to fill), but Utica's insane start has really led some to believe that suddenly the Comets are now a collection of legit young prospects.  I wish that were true...it's not.  Maybe 2-3 of them are, tops.   

30 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Foote seems like a guy who's destined to be a solid AAAA player who might put up some intriguing offensive numbers in the A, but won't do much whenever he's given a shot with the big club.

I know I've said it a bunch, but that really does sum up a lot of what's in Utica right now.  I know it's limited sample stuff, but look at what those players have done in the NHL.  Not saying NONE of them will make it (or can't possibly succeed in whatever role they're asked to fill), but Utica's insane start has really led some to believe that suddenly the Comets are now a collection of legit young prospects.  I wish that were true...it's not.  Maybe 2-3 of them are, tops.   

I’d assume that’s the make up of most AHL teams. They have some AAAA guys, some older guys who the NHL has passed by, and a few legit prospects who can contribute eventually.  The Utica group just seems to click or be very well coached. 

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’d assume that’s the make up of most AHL teams. They have some AAAA guys, some older guys who the NHL has passed by, and a few legit prospects who can contribute eventually.  The Utica group just seems to click or be very well coached. 

Oh that's true and I agree fully...Luke Hughes probably never spends a day there.  Dawson Mercer didn't and is very unlikely to (unless it's on a rehab assignment).  

My point is that I've heard here and there (even from Dano, who really should know better...the 15-1-0 record is clearly driving this) that Utica suddenly has a lot of good young prospects...and they're probably thinking of that gaggle of 22-year-olds who might put up nice numbers with the Comets as "good young prospects", but most of them won't be able to stick as NHLers.  

I think they have a team that can compete very well in the AHL and has a coach who's been very successful in that league.  A team full of guys who we'll be seeing either on the Devils or with other NHL teams?  No.    

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You get less of a suspension because realistically, who doesn't want to victimize Brady Tkachuk?

He probably got 5 games for not biting him hard ENOUGH.

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Oh look, Kane’s in the news again, this time his lawyers saying his ex-wife is a Looney Toon

I truly feel atrocious for their daughter. Neither one of her parents look like good people, period. 

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of social media and airing dirty laundry on the internet so I feel bad for kids like her and others who will have to deal with all this nonsense that their parents caused and showed everyone else. It's such a mess.

• Like 1

I just searched on Twitter for “Evander Kane Video” and he’s walking out of his garage carrying a gun, then points pack blindly at his ex wife filming then takes aim at something off camera and out of view.

Look, I don’t care if it’s “part of a photo shoot that was agreed upon” as the lawyer statement claims, you NEVER sim a gun, loaded or not, at someone unless you are okay with that person being killed or hurt. It’s firearm responsibility 101

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I thought it would take a while for Adidas to make a Jersey worse than out third , but they were clearly up for the challenge with Nashville. 

I hope they get stuck in those for three years too, cause those are much worse than ours. 

26 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Thank you, Smashville atrocity. 

Because of you, I officially appreciate the new New Jersey ‘Jersey’ jersey. 

First it’s the Jersey jersey, now it’s Trashville.  Good lord what’s next?!