2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

These designs are almost trying TOO hard to be different...and failing.

The Jersey jersey is a prime example; I understand that some people did actually like it right away, and some of the initial "WTF is THAT?!" reaction is softening, but I hate that something that could have been REALLY cool and badass (a black Devils jersey) has turned into a "Well we can laugh at ourselves ha ha ha" moment.  So not what I wanted out of a possible black Devils 3rd.

And that Trashville jersey...I can't believe a design like that actually made past the initial brainstorming sessions.  That is awful.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

These designs are almost trying TOO hard to be different...and failing.

The Jersey jersey is a prime example; I understand that some people did actually like it right away, and some of the initial "WTF is THAT?!" reaction is softening, but I hate that something that could have been REALLY cool and badass (a black Devils jersey) has turned into a "Well we can laugh at ourselves ha ha ha" moment.  So not what I wanted out of a possible black Devils 3rd.

And that Trashville jersey...I can't believe a design like that actually made past the initial brainstorming sessions.  That is awful.  

I think most teams’ problem is that they’ve had so many jerseys, they HAVE to try outside the box stuff. Nashville and Tampa have had a lot of jersey designs in their relatively short histories. 

Us, not so much. 

6 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Kyle Palmieri, 1 goal in 20 games. We have our share of problems, but this particular one isn't our problem anymore. I think Zach Parise has yet to score a goal. 

We have a very similar problem with a whole bunch of our forwards, 3 goals in 22 games is better than 1 in 20, but not much better. 

50 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Kyle Palmieri, 1 goal in 20 games. We have our share of problems, but this particular one isn't our problem anymore. I think Zach Parise has yet to score a goal. 

His game has completely fallen off a cliff.  He’s certainly not old by any stretch.  I know he’s not the first guy to suddenly decline so quickly, but still surprising.  At least he more than lived up to his contract here.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Watch Vancouver and the Red Wings turn it around and actually contend for a WC while we sit firmly in the basement and do absolutely nothing to change it. Ole status quo, our special teams suck, goal tending is an issue, defense is an issue, and 3/4 forward lines can't seem to score a goal.

Im firmly in doomer status before Xmas if they lose the game against Ottawa at home.

49 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Good, now Fitz has to clean house in NJ.

Fitz hired Ruff, & he also chose to keep Recchi/Nas. It's on him. Fitz won't get an opportunity to hire new guy AND start over. He's not Doug Wilson. 

3 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Lots of house cleaning going on before the season truly gets away from anyone. 

Fully expect the Devil's to continue to live in a complete sh!thole for the rest of the year. 

If they want permission to speak to Nasreddine and/or Recchi about their opening, I will personally drive them to Philly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not as down on Fitz as some are...yet.  He's made some good personnel moves and he did go out and nab Hamilton.  I would give him one more coaching hire (not including an interim)...but yeah, that one he has to get right.  He shouldn't get another one if his next one is a bust.

And like I've said before, don't talk about "the plan" anymore Fitz, worry about the present.  Other teams are obviously doing that...you had EVERY reason to at least can one of the assistants after the Winnipeg debacle.  What exactly constitutes "rock bottom" Fitz?    

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not as down on Fitz as some are...yet.  He's made some good personnel moves and he did go out and nab Hamilton.  I would give him one more coaching hire (not including an interim)...but yeah, that one he has to get right.  He shouldn't get another one if his next one is a bust.

And like I've said before, don't talk about "the plan" anymore Fitz, worry about the present.  Other teams are obviously doing that...you had EVERY reason to at least can one of the assistants after the Winnipeg debacle.  What exactly constitutes "rock bottom" Fitz?    

I agree with this to an extent. But Fitz needs to make a big boy decision on this coaching staff. I’d give him one more hire too but within the next month or so. If he lets this drag out like Shero did, then I will have lost a lot of faith in him. 

• Like 1