2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And like I've said before, don't talk about "the plan" anymore Fitz, worry about the present.  Other teams are obviously doing that...you had EVERY reason to at least can one of the assistants after the Winnipeg debacle.  What exactly constitutes "rock bottom" Fitz? 

I knew nothing would happen. If they lose tonight, I’d say that’s rock bottom, but Fitz I’m sure will disagree. I’m beginning to think he won’t do sh!t. 

10 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Maybe the current coaching staff, should take a closer look at some recent game film. And get a closer look. The jets game, 2 out of the first goals. Players way out of position. Complete DZ breakdowns. zero zone responsibility.  Same mistakes constantly. Ugh

They've been making those mistakes a ton over the last 3 years. They were supposed to be a lot more rare this year now without no practices due to covid, team sync, guys taking next steps, and new additions with talent... That hasn't happened though...

Edited by NJDevils1214

4 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

That first Scheifele goal, was brutal, I think Hughes was center on that shift. In the DZ Pionk is picked up by Subban zero threat of a scoring chance, Why is our center going to double team Pionk and leave the middle wide open. fvcking mind numbing. Gotta fvcking tightening up

fvcking zone integrity.....  DZ stay in your fvcking zone.

Taylor Hall remains such a baffling kind of player...after a brutal stretch in Buffalo, he goes to Boston and really seems to find a home, signs a reasonable deal that looks to be a good one for both parties...and goes right back into meh-land, which is where he's largely been since that oh-so-memorable MVP season.  Currently on pace for about 43 points.  42 goals in 172 regular season GP since 2017-18.  Imagine if he was doing this while being paid a fortune here?  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Taylor Hall remains such a baffling kind of player...after a brutal stretch in Buffalo, he goes to Boston and really seems to find a home, signs a reasonable deal that looks to be a good one for both parties...and goes right back into meh-land, which is where he's largely been since that oh-so-memorable MVP season.  Currently on pace for about 43 points.  42 goals in 172 regular season GP since 2017-18.  Imagine if he was doing this while being paid a fortune here?  

I’m glad he’s not our headache. I really loved that guy in the MVP year but his comments and actions since soured me on him a lot. And suddenly not playing well once you’ve got your contract is never a good sign. 

Shero supposedly had a big talk with him before his first full season here about what it takes to be a superstar in this league (the stuff a guy like Crosby does day in and out) and it really seemed to stick that MVP season. Seems like it’s worn off and it’s a shame. Dude has so much talent. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

Trouba - playing a mans game and answering the bell the last two nights.  Thought last nights was clean (with a terrible result) and no question this one was too. Could only hope we stumble across a guy at some point who throws hits like this. Old school and answered the bell successfully both times. The good news is they got their sh!t kicked in tonight finally!

• Like 1