2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I get that, but that’s not what this is. Some decisions that get made are business decisions. I don’t care how much the players want to go, taking the risk of a 5 week quarantine is not an acceptable risk when I am paying you millions and have an NHL season and playoffs to consider. 

Priority #1 is to your NHL team, and I have no problem with the league or the teams not permitting guys to take that risk. 

Yeah but again, where people see differently is what is the actual risk. In real life, based on everything we know about Omicron at the moment, if Marchand who's fully vaxed was catching covid. 99.9% chance that he'd be perfectly fine, if anything very mild symptoms. And right now in the US he'd have to isolate for 5 days.

This is more a pandemic of non-sense restrictions than anything at this point. And that's what's pissing most people off. So exactly why should he quarantine for 5 WEEKS ? What sort of politics or science is behind that sort of logic?

Edited by SterioDesign

27 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah but again, where people see differently is what is the actual risk. In real life, based on everything we know about Omicron at the moment, if Marchand who's fully vaxed was catching covid. 99.9% chance that he'd be perfectly fine, if anything very mild symptoms. And right now in the US he'd have to isolate for 5 days.

This is more a pandemic of non-sense restrictions than anything at this point. And that's what's pissing most people off. So exactly why should he quarantine for 5 WEEKS ? What sort of politics or science is behind that sort of logic?

Ask China/IOC or move on. That's their law/rule and that's how it is right now. 

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You’re assuming he would catch Omicron if anything, which of course, isn’t how variants work. There’s other variants he could catch. And let me add, there are TONS of people getting COVID after being vaccinated. 

Whether it’s 99.9% that he would be “fine” is also irrelevant to he issues I addressed. But also because it’s not symptoms that trigger the quarantine, it’s the positive result. He could have zero symptoms and still have to quarantine. 

Also, he’d be in China, so the length of the quarantine in the US wouldn’t really be relevant. While I agree totally that 5 weeks is not a reasonable amount of time to require a person to quarantine, that also doesn’t matter because my opinion won’t change China’s mind lol. 

Edited by mfitz804

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re assuming he would catch Omicron if anything, which of course, isn’t how variants work. There’s other variants he could catch. And let me add, there are TONS of people getting COVID after being vaccinated. 

Whether it’s 99.9% that he would be “fine” is also irrelevant to he issues I addressed. But also because it’s not symptoms that trigger the quarantine, it’s the positive result. He could have zero symptoms and still have to quarantine. 

Also, he’d be in China, so the length of the quarantine in the US wouldn’t really be relevant. While I agree totally that 5 weeks is not a reasonable amount of time to require a person to quarantine, that also doesn’t matter because my opinion won’t change China’s mind lol. 

This will be my last post about this topic.  But I guess my point is that when you're looking at all the numbers in context at the moment (vaccination status overall, symptoms, hospitalisations, deaths, new treatments to help, we know more about the virus etc etc. These restrictions and rules are highly overkill at this point when it comes to shutting down sports. We know which age group and people are truly at risk. We can just protect those people. But we gotta let everyone else get back to their lives without shutting everything down when one person in a group get covid at this point. 

The only player im actually worried about is Max Domi because he's diabetic but he actually got covid and he was fine. My sister is diabetic and my parents are old, so eventhough we're all vaxed i didnt risk going to see them for Christmas. But people my age that numbers shows that the risk of anything bad happening from that is sooooo low, well thats different)

So anyway, scientifically i understand Marchand and other guys being frustrated when so much non-sense politics are involved and taking away something they truly care about. On the other hand im glad China is fvcked with the olympics cause they fvcking caused the whole thing so they can burn in hell

And lets be honest. The NHL was begging for a reason to prevent players to go. 

Edited by SterioDesign

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

This will be my last post about this topic.  But I guess my point is that when you're looking at all the numbers in context at the moment (vaccination status overall, symptoms, hospitalisations, deaths, new treatments to help, we know more about the virus etc etc. These restrictions and rules are highly overkill at this point when it comes to shutting down sports. We know which age group and people are truly at risk. We can just protect those people. But we gotta let everyone else get back to their lives without shutting everything down when one person in a group get covid at this point. 

The only player im actually worried about is Max Domi because he's diabetic but he actually got covid and he was fine. My sister is diabetic and my parents are old, so eventhough we're all vaxed i didnt risk going to see them for Christmas. But people my age that numbers shows that the risk of anything bad happening from that is sooooo low, well thats different)

So anyway, scientifically i understand Marchand and other guys being frustrated when so much non-sense politics are involved and taking away something they truly care about. On the other hand im glad China is fvcked with the olympics cause they fvcking caused the whole thing so they can burn in hell

And lets be honest. The NHL was begging for a reason to prevent players to go. 

Yes, I’m sure the guy who licks everything is big into the science behind Covid. 

The science is irrelevant at this point. China has rules in place that aren’t based on science. Known fact. Marchand still thinks he should be able to choose to go. He’s not even considering that he could miss 5 weeks of the season as a result, he just wants to decide for himself. It is a completely entitled point of view from a known douche. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes, I’m sure the guy who licks everything is big into the science behind Covid. 

The science is irrelevant at this point. China has rules in place that aren’t based on science. Known fact. Marchand still thinks he should be able to choose to go. He’s not even considering that he could miss 5 weeks of the season as a result, he just wants to decide for himself. It is a completely entitled point of view from a known douche. 

Well 100%. Both Marchand and China are giants turds. That's also science. haha

All im saying is that i get why he and other NHLers are upset with all these politics.

58 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well 100%. Both Marchand and China are giants turds. That's also science. haha

All im saying is that i get why he and other NHLers are upset with all these politics.

Everyone gets upset with politics, in my opinion. That’s why I try to avoid that topic as much as possible. 

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I like these. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah those are fine. They look like hockey jerseys, which is an improvement over the all-star jerseys they wore a couple of years ago.

North America vs the World vibes.

Not a complaint, just observing 

Just now, Nicomo said:

My wife’s cousin is a big Wild fan, and he went up there for the game. Have fun with that sh!t :lol:

I went to the Yankee Stadium game and that was cold cause of the delay and I've been to other really cold Red Bulls game but nothing like negative degrees. Sounds absolutely miserable lol

They are even heating the ice lol... 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2021/12/30/nhl-winter-classic-record-low-temperatures-minnesota/49590595/