2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

“Non-racialized players” lol.

I do like that he is delivering the message with a black eye. 

I mean no one ever thought you’d be highly educated coming from a school named after toothpaste 😉

but seriously, there were people around him, the truth, in theory, will come out from those that will be interviewed (teammates, officials, etc)

14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I mean no one ever thought you’d be highly educated coming from a school named after toothpaste 😉

but seriously, there were people around him, the truth, in theory, will come out from those that will be interviewed (teammates, officials, etc)

Maybe he is telling the truth. But the dude just referred to white people as “non-racialized”, if he is trying to not look racist, he’s failing like a Devils coach lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

When I played hockey growing up there was a black kid on my team named Zack, and opponents frequently did the “monkey” gesture (rubbing your head) at him. By “frequently” i mean like, once a game. 

Anyone who’s even tangentially around the sport can tell you that rich white kids can be sh!theads. I’m glad that loser is getting called out, and I hope this follows him for the rest of his life.

Is that specific enough for you JerryDevil or are you only going to get upset if I post his name and home address? 

The black kid on our team had bananas thrown at him. 

By the PARENTS of the other team. 

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

When I played hockey growing up there was a black kid on my team named Zack, and opponents frequently did the “monkey” gesture (rubbing your head) at him. By “frequently” i mean like, once a game. 

Anyone who’s even tangentially around the sport can tell you that rich white kids can be sh!theads. I’m glad that loser is getting called out, and I hope this follows him for the rest of his life.

Is that specific enough for you JerryDevil or are you only going to get upset if I post his name and home address? 

Eventhough hockey is my favourite sport. I kind of hate hockey players as people in general lol From my experience, the vast majority are giant arrogant douchebags.

Also, doing anything racist is not cool. Also doxxing is not cool. How 'bout nobody does any of those things? That'd be a great start.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

How the fvck didn’t they get thrown onto the ice from wherever they were standing? 

My favorite Zack story ever was, in bantams, with a 6-1 lead someone was doing a typical “fvck you” match with racial slurs mixed in that were over the top even for these sh!tbird racist kids, and Zack lit him up. The kid cried on the ice! Zack got a 5-minute major which was surprising since it seemed to everyone like a simple ho-hum roughing penalty. 

After the game in the locker room, in front of everyone his dad (the assistant coach) said “what happened, why did you get five?”. Zack said “the fvcking referee SAID i cross checked him in the throat and threatened his life in the parking lot”. 

Incensed that any ref would just fabricate a story, he yelled “what DID you do?”

”I cross checked him in the throat and told him i was going to kill him in the parking lot.” Lmao, Zack.

The benches cleared and there was a gigantic brawl that spilled into the off-ice areas. I was 16 and I fought a kid’s dad lol. 

Funny part about my guy (Tony), he was as mild mannered and humble a guy as you would ever meet. Just wanted to play hockey. Never said a word about any of it, and things happened all the time. He didn’t need to say anything, he had me and a couple other guys who would go completely nuts on his behalf. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Jesus Christ I’m begging you to internally examine the fact that you just considered “outing a racist” as “doxxing”. 

Don't flip this around. Listen, i won't have you play the virtue signalling card here when you're on record here wishing cancer on people, wishing career ending injuries and god knows what other atrocity you said. Sit down.

Posting someone's address online so that people go after them is the exact description of Doxxing. I don't care about the subject or reason behind it. It's still doxxing and it's still a sh!tty thing to do and encourage.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jagknife said:

he says he’s made the same gesture to other players before. Time to see if the ECHL/he produces the tapes. I know Tom Wilson has made the “flex/tough guy” gesture from the box before, I think against the Rangers, could this be the same thing…?

If he's done it to other "non-racialized" players then it shouldn't be too hard to find the receipts/someone who witnessed it previously.  Either I and many others crucified this kid before hearing all of the facts, or he's lying in a last-ditch effort to save his career.  Neither is a good outcome. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

If he's done it to other "non-racialized" players then it shouldn't be too hard to find the receipts/someone who witnessed it previously.  Either I and many others crucified this kid before hearing all of the facts, or he's lying in a last-ditch effort to save his career.  Neither is a good outcome. 

He posted a video taken by a potato immediately after this post of what appears to be a gesture. Can’t tell for sh!t but either way, like you said it isn’t good, one way or the other.

12 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I’m gonna go with the latter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

So Chychrun is available. Are the Devils in the mix? Of course not! But you know who is? You guessed it, the Rags. I honestly quit. https://thehockeynews.com/news/arizona-coyotes-are-getting-offers-for-jakob-chychrun?fbclid=IwAR2BAhrBmQa07jzK_G98luqtxjmhLnv2CqW4eQFP0xBDZfdyY434kyiTDTY

Devils should be focused on a trade for Bjorkstrand so they can possibly have a chance to beat Columbus.

23 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yeah, we could all be wrong about him. Or not.

That said, he didn't come off as especially convincing, especially when he says something like "non-racialized" to refer to white people. To me, that's an insight into his beliefs and thought process. 

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Devils should be focused on a trade for Bjorkstrand so they can possibly have a chance to beat Columbus.

1000% times this, I am tired of that djork torturing us. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Saw the video and read about the incident and I admit it, I could see him going for more of a "tough guy" thing, as opposed to anything blatantly racist.  There's enough doubt that I think we need to hear more from those were on the ice...and to see if he indeed make similar gestures towards whites in past games.

"Non-racialized" does feels like an odd word choice though...something off about it.  I guess everyone who isn't white is "racialized"?  Like mfitz just pointed out, maybe this guy didn't actually do what he's been accused of, but it does seem like there's something up with his general thought process, re:  how he views different races.   

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

"Non-racialized" does feels like an odd word choice though...something off about it.  I guess everyone who isn't white is "racialized"?  Like mfitz just pointed out, maybe this guy didn't actually do what he's been accused of, but it does seem like there's something up with his general thought process, re:  how he views different races.   

I guess he was trying to convey that he has done the gesture to players of all races, it wasn't something specific to this one incident with a player who is black? It was a weird way to word it if so.

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I guess he was trying to convey that he has done the gesture to players of all races, it wasn't something specific to this one incident with a player who is black? It was a weird way to word it if so.

Yes, that is what he was trying to say, but instead basically said white people are non-racialized and non-white people are racialized. Like white people don't have a race.

I mean he's a hockey player, not a speech writer, entirely possible he just has a problem expressing himself, but if that is his manner of thinking, it is certainly part of the problem. 

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Oh yeah I got what he was going for, he just worded in a way that was kinda off.  

I'm curious to see where this goes, as more info comes out...if it's proven that he did something that was badly misinterpreted, does his former team and the league apologize to him?  Does he get to play again?

This is where I think the ECHL might have jumped the gun...if he's not allowed to be around the team while an investigation is conducted, that I get entirely...and if he's found to have gone for a racist angle after all, then yeah, fvck him, he's done.  But for him to get (initially) a 30-game suspension and booted off the team, when it's not fully clear yet what he was going for?  Why even have a hearing then?        

43 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

It wouldn't be the first time people skip due process and want blood right away. Precisely why i hate witch hunting without due process.

You'd think people would eventually learn to just wait to get the facts rather than projecting. Legit sh!tty people will pay the price in time, no need to rush

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh yeah I got what he was going for, he just worded in a way that was kinda off.  

I'm curious to see where this goes, as more info comes out...if it's proven that he did something that was badly misinterpreted, does his former team and the league apologize to him?  Does he get to play again?

This is where I think the ECHL might have jumped the gun...if he's not allowed to be around the team while an investigation is conducted, that I get entirely...and if he's found to have gone for a racist angle after all, then yeah, fvck him, he's done.  But for him to get (initially) a 30-game suspension and booted off the team, when it's not fully clear yet what he was going for?  Why even have a hearing then?        

If he did nothing wrong, i sure hope he gets an apology and get the Nick Sandmann treatment like when CNN and all those media turned him into the most hated kid in the country for just smirking.

In our current social climate though it's good that he got a suspension while the thing is under review though. At least something was done with some sort of due process. Hopefully legit little a$$holes out there will still learn from this and see the consequences and that the leagues are not fvcking around anymore

20 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

If he did nothing wrong, i sure hope he gets an apology and get the Nick Sandmann treatment like when CNN and all those media turned him into the most hated kid in the country for just smirking.

In our current social climate though it's good that he got a suspension while the thing is under review though. At least something was done with some sort of due process. Hopefully legit little a$$holes out there will still learn from this and see the consequences and that the leagues are not fvcking around anymore

No I agree that even if he's innocent, he can't be around the team for now, until this gets sorted out.  I just don't think that it's fair that he's already been cut, without anyone having actually clarified if he really did what he's been accused of.

But yeah, regardless of how this turns out (re:  Panetta's guilt or innocence), these kinds of consequences for future offenders might make some of them think a lot harder about acting like completely despicable a$$holes.  That in itself is a good thing (if long overdue).     

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No I agree that even if he's innocent, he can't be around the team for now, until this gets sorted out.  I just don't think that it's fair that he's already been cut, without anyone having actually clarified if he actually did what he's been accused of.

But yeah, regardless of how this turns out (re:  Panetta's guilt or innocence), these kinds of consequences for future offenders might make some of them think a lot harder about acting like completely despicable a$$holes.  That in itself is a good thing (if long overdue).     

Agreed-- 100% should be zero tolerance. Lifetime ban from the professional leagues if you are found to have acted/spoken in that manner.

I feel the most for kids who have to deal with this and really don't understand why the same should even be up for debate in youth leagues(for the kids and the parents).

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Agreed-- 100% should be zero tolerance. Lifetime ban from the professional leagues if you are found to have acted/spoken in that manner.

I feel the most for kids who have to deal with this and really don't understand why the same should even be up for debate in youth leagues(for the kids and the parents).

Yeah can't imagine what it's like for children to have to deal with that crap.  Whenever someone is determined to have acted in such a manner, can't come down on them hard enough, AFAIC.