2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

14 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Flyers are on a 13 game losing streak and we are currently sitting ONE point ahead of them. Yech. 

Last summer the Flyers have traded away:

• Nolan Patrick
  • Phil Myers
  • Shayne Gostisbehere
  • Robert Hägg
  • Jake Voracek
  • 2021 1st Round Pick
  • 2022 2nd Round Pick
  • 2023 2nd Round Pick
  • 2022 7th Round Pick

And have added:

• Ryan Ellis
  • Rasmus Ristolainen
  • Cam Atkinson
  • $625K of cap space

Ryan Ellis played 4 games this season. Cam Atkinson has been pretty good. Ristolainen, they basically have to trade him now or sign him long-term. But they traded a 1st, 2nd and a roster player for him. So if they lose him for nothing or don't get much for him... ouch. 

Also Giroux may very well get traded too. What a mess lol

I would think that if the Flyers ever decided to trade Atkinson, that they should be able to get a decent return...he's pretty productive and his AAV isn't too bad...he's owed three more years.  The team trading for him would be buying his Age 33, 34, and 35 seasons (a little risky).  Not a bad guy to obtain for a legit contender looking for one last scoring piece (or loses one due to injury, UFA, etc).  

22 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

As a former recreational league level/street hockey goalie (many years and pounds ago) I hate that Zegras goal, but as a hockey fan that is maybe the smoothest Michigan goal I’ve seen. That kid is something. 

Teams that let him drop to 9th OA are going to really be kicking themselves in a couple years...or now.

Also, in case anyone didn’t see, Kane signed with Edmonton for $2.1m. Needless to say I’m totally “shocked” Edmonton made the signing for over League minimum for him. 

Cannot wait for him to put up some good numbers but be overshadowed by him finding something else to be a douche about, then smearing his team when it fails miserably 

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Teams that let him drop to 9th OA are going to really be kicking themselves in a couple years...or now.

It’s crazy that was the Jack Hughes draft. Feels like forever go (I guess a lot of bad hockey will do that). And Zegras is still a rookie this season. I think he just missed the cutoff having played 24 games last year. 

44 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Also, in case anyone didn’t see, Kane signed with Edmonton for $2.1m. Needless to say I’m totally “shocked” Edmonton made the signing for over League minimum for him. 

Cannot wait for him to put up some good numbers but be overshadowed by him finding something else to be a douche about, then smearing his team when it fails miserably 

I think I saw a full no movement clause was in it as well but I’d have to check again 

23 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Holland is just.. wild.  I just do not understand what he's thinking.

Maybe he was competing for Kane's services, but I can't imagine there were a ton of suitors that would've driven the cost up that much.

You would be surprised at what owners/GM would overlook if it meant adding a 25-30 goal scorer.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Holland is just.. wild.  I just do not understand what he's thinking.

Maybe he was competing for Kane's services, but I can't imagine there were a ton of suitors that would've driven the cost up that much.

I mean, it can’t get any worse in Edmonton so why not add a 30 goal power forward? It’s just for one year. Worse that happens is they miss the playoffs, which is how they’re going now anyway.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Anybody interested in the jersey retirement happening across the river? :D

They have no integrity hoisting a jersey for a player who they completely threw under the bus the first chance they got after he gave them so many years of quality. 

45 minutes ago, devlman said:

They have no integrity hoisting a jersey for a player who they completely threw under the bus the first chance they got after he gave them so many years of quality. 

Interesting that the opposing goalie tonight is Cam Talbot, who played so well for the Rangers when Lundqvist got hurt a few years ago.

54 minutes ago, devlman said:

I don't know if that's really accurate...he started 158 games for them and continued to get #1 treatment during his Age 34, 35, and 36 years, despite his play having noticeably dipped.  By the time he was 37, Shesterkin arrived and he was simply younger and better; besides, as we know with Marty, these things rarely end pretty for declining stars.  

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Yeah it's completely disrespectful the way they just cut ties with him after Cory Schneider was clearly the better goalie and then they just watched him go and play for the Blues. 

He's talking about the Rangers and Lundqvist.  

Just now, MB3 said:

Lmao I know. Was trying to say “the devils treated brodeur the same way”. 

Bizarre and misguided for hating on the rangers for how they handled lundqvist.

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wait a minute, that wasn’t HIM…. Lol

I got the humor…lol

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Gotcha!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't know if that's really accurate...he started 158 games for them and continued to get #1 treatment during his Age 34, 35, and 36 years, despite his play having noticeably dipped.  By the time he was 37, Shesterkin arrived and he was simply younger and better; besides, as we know with Marty, these things rarely end pretty for declining stars.  

So keep him as a backup for one year at age 37 and let him retire a Ranger..asking too much?

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Not true. Marty could’ve retired a Devil (as a backup) had he wanted, and never would’ve been pushed out the way the Rags flat out cut Lundqvist.

36 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Seems disingenuous at best to compare stats on a point-per-game basis when Hughes broke into the NHL a full year and a half earlier than Zegs.

For my money I still choose Hughes. But Zegras is going to be electrifying to watch. 

I wasn't serious. I don't think we will regret picking Jack. 

Out of interest I had a look, since they are easily comparable because of age. If you wipe out Jack's first season and just take their age 19 and 20 seasons where they are both in the NHL they are both putting up 0.70 points per game.