2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, wouldn’t they have to be ok with it in a three way trade? 

So you are saying Elvis is not leaving the building…

I don't know, is there a way that you can work with a team to make a deal with them, and they then flip them to you for assets? 

If thats not possible there is no way it happens. 

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'd love that considering he apparently asked for a trade so maybe that'd light a fire under his ass anytime we'd play them.

He would be a good fit. Will be able to take over the number one role , and he wouldn't have to uproot himself from the area. 

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I don't know, is there a way that you can work with a team to make a deal with them, and they then flip them to you for assets? 

I would have to think that the other team involved wouldn’t be willing to burn a bridge for our benefit, at least not without being well compensated. 

Edited by mfitz804

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would have to think that the other team involved wouldn’t be willing to burn a bridge for our benefit, at least not without being well compensated. 

The whole situation seems so unlikely on reflection. 

9 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

The whole situation seems so unlikely on reflection. 

San Jose pulled it off somewhat recently. Hoffman went from OTT-->SJ-->FLA. The only reason I can think it might come back to bite you is that inevitably a player on your team will demand a trade and will only go to the rags.

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Could the Devil's somehow swing a three way trade with the Rangers for Georgiev? 

The hockey gods saw fit to smite us the last time we traded with them…

seriously, how many breakaways did Grabner not score on? About 18? 

32 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

That happened with Martin Jones. The Kings traded Jones to Boston, who then turned around and flipped him to San Jose. I don’t think LA was vey happy, but it’s not like there was much they could do about it lol

Edited by MadDog2020

I guess it depends on if the GMs prioritize making their teams better. It should come back to whether or not from a hockey perspective it makes sense. 

Not talking a shot at anyone here personally but glad to know we're only a decent goalie away from contending for a paper playoff spot.  

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

That happened with Martin Jones. The Kings traded Jones to Boston, who then turned around and flipped him up San Jose.

It can happen, but that probably ruined trade relations between the Kings and Bruins, since the Kings probably didn’t want to trade within their division, etc. 

• Like 1

The rags probably if not definitely are going to want to go with a cheaper option as a backup goalie next season. I don't think they in any way would fear Georgiev playing in the division. I think they would view him as marginal. I would agree they wouldn't send Panarin or any of their other top players here or within the division for any price.  

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

The rags probably if not definitely are going to want to go with a cheaper option as a backup goalie next season. I don't think they in any way would fear Georgiev playing in the division. I think they would view him as marginal. I would agree they wouldn't send Panarin or any of their other top players here or within the division for any price.  

Still not sure they’d do that, especially not with a goalie. 

So i'm currently eating crows as.. when MTL hired St-Louis as a coach. I like him but was like... "they are a terrible team who'd need all the experience in the world to help them... i can't see how hiring a dude who've only been coaching peewee hockey for a few years able to turn this around"

Yet, since he's there they have been playing a lot better and currently beating the Leafs 5-0.

Obviously i doubt it will last but still. Ideally if they can actually turn things around next season so that they don't land Bedard i'd be fvcking delighted, let him go as far as possible from here. like Arizona or wtv

Edited by SterioDesign

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So i'm currently eating crows as.. when MTL hired St-Louis as a coach. I like him but was like... "they are a terrible team who'd need all the experience in the world to help them... i can't see how hiring a dude who've only been coaching peewee hockey for a few years able to turn this around"

Yet, since he's there they have been playing a lot better and currently beating the Leafs 5-0.

Obviously i doubt it will last but still. Ideally if they can actually turn things around next season so that they don't land Bedard i'd be fvcking delighted, let him go as far as possible from here. like Arizona or wtv

I mean I hope we’re not in that position but I’m also a realist…can the wtv be New Jersey?

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean I hope we’re not in that position but I’m also a realist…can the wtv be New Jersey?

I mean. Yes. And as im thinking this over im like "well... IF we're in this position next year... i sure hope that it's because we've dealt with major injuries and bad luck, etc etc but that overall they've performed well"

Which... well... to be honest is kind of what this year was.

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean. Yes. And as im thinking this over im like "well... IF we're in this position next year... i sure hope that it's because we've dealt with major injuries and bad luck, etc etc but that overall they've performed well"

Which... well... to be honest is kind of what this year was.

Exactly. I have zero confidence that we’re not a lottery team next year. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Exactly. I have zero confidence that we’re not a lottery team next year. 

well there's still 16teams in the lottery so we might but i dont think we'll have big big odds. MAn how i wish we'd pull a philly and be like 13th and win one of the spot

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

So last night MTL brought back Hammond from the dead. The last time he played in the NHL was 4 years ago. They are also fvcked in net but i think it's a good indication of how hard it is to get good goalies at the moment. Some teams in the playoffs may want to either stick to their tandem or even getting a better backup and many bottom teams would just want 1 good.

I think this will make Chicago able to get a really decent return on Fleury if they want to move him.

The Rangers however might decide to go all in and bet fully on Shesterkin and trade Georgiev (who requested a trade earlier this season) for something that could help them on the ice rather than a backup on the bench.

Colombus may also have a decision to make with Korpisalo who's heading to free agency and with Merzlikins taking over the #1 roal and signed long term.

Holtby could also be traded potentially maybe.

For the record, Georgiev said that the reports of his asking for a trade were untrue.

“The rumors were false, I don’t know where that came from,” the goaltender said. “You can be dealt pretty much as a player without a no-move clause, so I just worked as usual and tried not to think about it.”

https://nypost.com/2021/10/08/rangers-alexandar-georgiev-eager-to-move-on-from-tough-season/

16 minutes ago, Crisis said:

For the record, Georgiev said that the reports of his asking for a trade were untrue.

“The rumors were false, I don’t know where that came from,” the goaltender said. “You can be dealt pretty much as a player without a no-move clause, so I just worked as usual and tried not to think about it.”

https://nypost.com/2021/10/08/rangers-alexandar-georgiev-eager-to-move-on-from-tough-season/

Ah well thanks for clearing that up then