2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So while i know it's the cool thing to do to sh!t on Severson and pretend like he made a mistake against MTL. It's a pretty common play now in OT.

His mistake was expecting the ref would get out of the way and flinging it into his feet. 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Crazy OT between the Oilers and the Kings right now. 

Also Danault was pressured at the red line along the boards and played the puck back around the board to his goalie. I also saw it during the Tampa OT the other day.

So while i know it's the cool thing to do to sh!t on Severson and some suggested he made a mistake against MTL. It's a pretty common play now in OT. 

Edit: super slick move by McDavid in the SO for the winning goal. Nasty

Reminded me of this one

On 3/29/2022 at 9:20 PM, SterioDesign said:

I kind of hate how many hockey fans are trying to take away credits from him because he has a good team in front of him. Of course it helps not having guys left all by themselves for an easy tap in like 20% of the goals against us. But anyone watching him can see that he's amazing

I've watched enough of their games. They give up a lot of good scoring chances and don't defend the way they have in past years. 

Vasilevskiy makes a ton of great saves. He's the best goalie of this era. The Lightning have the established stars who can step up in the playoffs. They will need McDonagh back at full strength to do it. He was instrumental in their repeat. 

That and the new 3rd line with Hagel will be keys to their three-peat chances. 

1 minute ago, Derek21 said:

I've watched enough of their games. They give up a lot of good scoring chances and don't defend the way they have in past years. 

Vasilevskiy makes a ton of great saves. He's the best goalie of this era. The Lightning have the established stars who can step up in the playoffs. They will need McDonagh back at full strength to do it. He was instrumental in their repeat. 

That and the new 3rd line with Hagel will be keys to their three-peat chances. 

i also think he's been the best goaltender of this era. very consistent while many others might have had better seasons here and there but then shat the bed the next or wtv.

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i also think he's been the best goaltender of this era. very consistent while many others might have had better seasons here and there but then shat the bed the next or wtv.

Agreed. 👍 The Bolts don't really have a backup. Look at the past two years they won. They just had fillers for the games Vasy didn't play. How many teams can get away with that? 

I've always thought highly of Price. Swept the Hart/Vezina. He was the Habs. I don't know if he can be that anymore. Very fun to watch. As is MAF! 

12 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

Agreed. 👍 The Bolts don't really have a backup. Look at the past two years they won. They just had fillers for the games Vasy didn't play. How many teams can get away with that? 

I've always thought highly of Price. Swept the Hart/Vezina. He was the Habs. I don't know if he can be that anymore. Very fun to watch. As is MAF! 

Price well... he was called the best goalie in the world by the media in MTL the day he made the NHL, no matter what. No matter that he lost his starter's job to Halak in the playoffs, etc.. eventually he WAS legit the best goalie in the NHL for 2 seasons. Then the media creamed their pants cause it was finally true and didnt have to make excuses for him anymore... then he's been subpart for 4-5 years since. But many are just conditioned to still believe he's the best. He's really not.

I think Vasy and Hellebuyck has been the most consistent goalies through the last 3 years. Bobbrovsky was insane too but he shat the bed for 2 seasons. Only goes to show how inconsistent goaltending is

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I can’t imagine this is going to go over well in that locker room. 

What the fvck, really???

I mean they have the same sh!tty record we do, do they think they are going to make a run and Keith Yandle is the problem??

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Wow, I don't know how I missed this, but if Taylor was half as strong as Bertuzzi that dude would be KO'd. That's majorly fvcked up and he deserves a long suspension. 10 games if you ask me.

He didn’t even get a single game. $5k fine. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

What the fvck, really???

I mean they have the same sh!tty record we do, do they think they are going to make a run and Keith Yandle is the problem??

58 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yeah im really not understanding this. Why not just give him the 11 more games and actually give the fans something to celebrate?

I was coming here to post exactly this. I can't believe it and I'd be really upset and pissed off if I was him. Seems like he's handling it like a true pro though. It's one thing to get injured or sick and break a career streak like that, quite another to be explicitly say, at the end of the season, especially when you're on a dog sh!t team. Their coach is clueless. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was coming here to post exactly this. I can't believe it and I'd be really upset and pissed off if I was him. Seems like he's handling it like a true pro though. It's one thing to get injured or sick and break a career streak like that, quite another to be explicitly say, at the end of the season, especially when you're on a dog sh!t team. Their coach is clueless. 

It reminds me of one of the bullcrap Mike Babcock moves to prove that he’s the boss, like not dressing Spezza for his would be hometown debut. 

• Like 1