2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

I’ve posted on several platforms that this complaint is not very well written. They missed the biggest point, which is that Adidas markets them as “official game jerseys”, which they certainly are not. Instead, they focus on the use of the word “authentic”, without describing that the term has been used in the hobby for decades. Instead they provide a dictionary definition that says, amount other things “not counterfeit”. 

Adidas can hang their hat on that as the jerseys are certainly not counterfeit. 

Not saying that makes them lose, but it leaves out the best argument they had. 

On 4/17/2022 at 1:10 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Outscored 71-24 in their last 15 games.  That’s just a whole other level of rotten. 

The Flyers are atrocious. It's like watching the Phantoms. They are such a train wreck. No goalie. Horrible defense. Few forwards pulling their weight. They look a long way off from returning to respectability. They still have the same Teflon GM even after canning AV, who always seems to leave his teams worse off.

They have to hope Farabee bounces back next year. He had the look of a 30-goal scorer. Getting Bobby Brinkn will help. He led the NCAA in scoring. Former 2nd round pick. Plus Cam York can help the back end. They need to change the system and do an overhaul. And obviously have to have Hart stay healthy and consistent. It's problematic when you keep traffic cones like Risto. Provorov should be better by now. 

They look like they'll have last place all to themselves next year. Just as long as they don't get Bedard.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There should be a rule that the fine is waived if the offense is also funny lol. 

I would concur. They fine for that while much worse offenses are too when it should be suspension. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Did you say Flyers or Devils?

Flyers. Devils at least have Hughes and Hischier. Plus Bratt, Sharangovich and Mercer. They aren't that bad compared to those teams. But need to stabilize defense and goalie. 

• Like 1

Just now, Derek21 said:

Flyers. Devils at least have Hughes and Hischier. Plus Bratt, Sharangovich and Mercer. They aren't that bad compared to those teams. But need to stabilize defense and goalie. 

You said “few forwards pulling their weight”. We have a few right now, it’s that list, minus Dawson who hasn’t been doing sh!t, and Jack is at home pulling something else. 

Atrocious, no goaltending, awful defense, awful defense, seemingly Teflon GM. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

You said “few forwards pulling their weight”. We have a few right now, it’s that list, minus Dawson who hasn’t been doing sh!t, and Jack is at home pulling something else. 

Atrocious, no goaltending, awful defense, awful defense, seemingly Teflon GM. 

Mercer would be 3rd in scoring on the Flyers…

10 hours ago, Derek21 said:

Devils are now 12-16-2 in their last 30 GP, and have scored 105 goals and allowed 112...and that's with (putting it nicely) deficient coaching and goaltending most nights...not to mention that they've scored 3+ goals 20 times in those 30 games.  They've even managed to go 3-3-1 without Hughes as of a late.  Yeah none of these numbers are great, but it feels like this is absolute bottom-end for what this team (in its current state) is capable of.  Yeah, even though plenty of fans are pissed about this season (how could they not be?), they're not nearly as bad as some REAL bottom-feeders.  This isn't the Flyers getting completely destroyed most nights. 

All this being said, it's one thing to have weaknesses, it's quite another to address them.  We know what Fitz needs to do...now we need to see him actually do it.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s sad. He still could not be described as pulling his weight at the moment. But I get your point. 

Mercer’s had a typical rookie season…showing promise at some points, looking shakier (or not doing much) at other times…he wasn’t even a lock to make the team initially.  I don’t see it as pulling or not pulling his weight mostly because we don’t know what his true baseline is yet.  I do like that it appears he’s going to be the only Devil to play in all 82 games this year.  The more experience a kid like him is getting, the better.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Mercer’s had a typical rookie season…showing promise at some points, looking shakier (or not doing much) at other times…he wasn’t even a lock to make the team initially.  I don’t see it as pulling or not pulling his weight mostly because we don’t know what his true baseline is yet.  I do like that it appears he’s going to be the only Devil to play in all 82 games this year.  The more experience a kid like him is getting, the better.  

He started off the year strong and tailed off. I am wondering if he is just getting worn down/tired. I fully expect him to come out the gate like a bat out of hell next season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I do like that it appears he’s going to be the only Devil to play in all 82 games this year.

Impressive feat in itself. The most games he’s ever played in a given season before this was 68 one year in the Q. An 82 game season for a 20 year old rookie against the best players in the world has to be pretty tough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Impressive feat in itself. The most games he’s ever played in a given season before this was 68 one year in the Q. An 82 game season for a 20 year old rookie against the best players in the world has to be pretty tough. 

Yeah that’s a lot for a rookie. I don’t know why people are getting on him. It’s fairly normal for a rookie to hit a wall. I think Bratt had that problem for a few years before he finally hit that next level this season

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah that’s a lot for a rookie. I don’t know why people are getting on him. It’s fairly normal for a rookie to hit a wall. I think Bratt had that problem for a few years before he finally hit that next level this season

I don’t think anyone is getting on him or thinks he has a problem. There was discussion of the Flyers’ forwards not pulling their weight. I mentioned he isn’t pulling his weight at the moment. The “rookie wall” and 82 games are potential reasons he’s not.