2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

9 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

People are all over Jack Eichel. No points in 4 straight games in the most crucial time of the season for them, including 0-1 in the shootout.

And Vegas and Buffalo have nearly identical records since the trade. 

Buffalo has also been playing completely meaningless hockey, only unlike us, they actually play loose and win. Problem is they do this every season and clowns up there think this is shades of next year. 

then they’ll go on a heater sometime early next season, be declared “back” by some out there in the world, and be out of the playoffs by the all star game. 

Granted as a Devils fan, I have no business mocking any other fan base with how pathetic we have been for almost a decade. Our literal miracle run by Hall prevented us from having a decade long playoff drought, but 2027 isn’t too far away to make that happen…

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Buffalo has also been playing completely meaningless hockey, only unlike us, they actually play loose and win. Problem is they do this every season and clowns up there think this is shades of next year. 

then they’ll go on a heater sometime early next season, be declared “back” by some out there in the world, and be out of the playoffs by the all star game. 

Granted as a Devils fan, I have no business mocking any other fan base with how pathetic we have been for almost a decade. Our literal miracle run by Hall prevented us from having a decade long playoff drought, but 2027 isn’t too far away to make that happen…

Funny thing is Buffalo is the only team in the league with less playoff appearances than us in the last decade. I think they are the only team we can openly mock so we should enjoy it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Funny thing is Buffalo is the only team in the league with less playoff appearances than us in the last decade. I think they are the only team we can openly mock so we should enjoy it. 

I openly mock all the other teams, because I’ve STILL seen my team win more than most people will ever see their teams win in their lives. If I die today, I’ve seen three Cups, and I saw them win the 2003 Cup in person. So yeah, I’ll continue to mock the losers in Buffalo, as well as the other 31 teams that can also kiss my ass. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I openly mock all the other teams, because I’ve STILL seen my team win more than most people will ever see their teams win in their lives. If I die today, I’ve seen three Cups, and I saw them win the 2003 Cup in person. So yeah, I’ll continue to mock the losers in Buffalo, as well as the other 31 teams that can also kiss my ass. 

Yup. I’ll mock all teams until I die because I’m a Devils fan. I look forward to the day I can take the Devils off of that list lol. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

People are all over Jack Eichel. No points in 4 straight games in the most crucial time of the season for them, including 0-1 in the shootout.

And Vegas and Buffalo have nearly identical records since the trade. 

Seems a little unfair...guy had 7 goals in 9 GP prior to this fairly brief downturn.  I would expect some ups and downs from a guy who missed so much time (especially with his injury).

That being said, he'll definitely need to be more productive overall next season...12 G and 9 A in 31 GP from Eichel simply isn't enough.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Seems a little unfair...guy had 7 goals in 9 GP prior to this fairly brief downturn.  I would expect some ups and downs from a guy who missed so much time (especially with his injury).

That being said, he'll definitely need to be more productive overall next season...12 G and 9 A in 31 GP from Eichel simply isn't enough.  

I think he’s one of those dudes who is just a loser. He’s good, but he’s a losing player. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think he’s one of those dudes who is just a loser. He’s good, but he’s a losing player. 

Seems to be something missing with him...not sure what.  I didn't pay enough attention to him during his Buffalo years...but yeah, some guys just don't seem to be needle-movers.  With the most notable exception of 2017-18, if you really think about, that pretty much sums up Taylor Hall (with Boston, he's in the right spot now at least...a well-paid but not wildly overpaid secondary/complementary guy). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Disappointed the CR1976 /82 button was not pressed. 

57 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well I mean he was with Buffalo for most of his career, so...

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

This!!

Plus I was at both home SC wins. So that's nice

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m not disagreeing. We got spoiled for a long time. The “only” team thing was more tongue in cheek since it’s been such a crap run for us. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

This!!

Plus I was at both home SC wins. So that's nice

Having gotten to experience that almost 27 years ago…I really hope to do the same with my daughter one day.  But at this point I’ll settle for just taking her to a damned playoff series clincher (or just a playoff win period).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Having gotten to experience that almost 27 years ago…I really hope to do the same with my daughter one day.  But at this point I’ll settle for just taking her to a damned playoff series clincher (or just a playoff win period).

I would settle for a meaningless 5-1 victory during a winning season lol. 

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I never got to see the cup in person. I’ll have to hold on to the Henrique game for the time being and hope this team finds its way eventually 

• Like 2

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I never got to see the cup in person. I’ll have to hold on to the Henrique game for the time being and hope this team finds its way eventually 

Man that must have been nuts!  It was nerve-wracking enough watching that from home.  And I can’t believe that was almost TEN YEARS AGO!  Wtf?!

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man that must have been nuts!  It was nerve-wracking enough watching that from home.  And I can’t believe that was almost TEN YEARS AGO!  Wtf?!

I’ve always said, if I could bottle the feeling in that building when that goal got scored, I’d be a billionaire. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Other than the Cup clincher in 2003, that was the most incredible game I’ve ever been to. Absolutely insane. The Rag fans that were there scattered like rats. I recall this one guy- in between the 3rd period and OT, dude was talking mad sh!t on the bathroom line about get ready for game 7, repeat of ‘94, blah blah blah. After the Henrique goal, I saw this fvcker book down the steps past me like he was being chased with a gun; I yelled at him as he ran past me GET THE fvck OUT OF MY BUILDING 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’ve always said, if I could bottle the feeling in that building when that goal got scored, I’d be a billionaire. 

Holy sh!t, it was incredible. I will never forget how everyone in our section was jumping up and down, high fiving, hugging each other- people were hugging other people in the section rows behind them, because everyone was just going nuts and trying to celebrate with everyone else. It was utter bedlam. The concourse and the Goal Bar after the game- holy sh!t, what a party. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Holy sh!t, it was incredible. I will never forget how everyone in our section was jumping up and down, high fiving, hugging each other- people were hugging other people in the section rows behind them, because everyone was just going nuts and trying to celebrate with everyone else. It was utter bedlam. The concourse and the Goal Bar after the game- holy sh!t, what a party. 

Hell yeah man, and then outside everyone was all over Edison by the bars. What a fun night. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

We were watching the game with another couple at our house…me and my bud’s wife were the real hardcore fans, so we just went completely nuts. Had a blast that night.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I ended up two rows down from jumping so high. The big guy who always sat in front of me all season stopped me from falling further cause I was all over the place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I ended up two rows down from jumping so high. The big guy who always sat in front of me all season stopped me from falling further cause I was all over the place.

Dude, I was bouncing around like a drunk after the goal (and I wasn’t drunk, I was too fvcking nervous to do anything but bite my nails the entire game lol)- it was surreal. I had to keep pinching myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dude, I was bouncing around like a drunk after the goal (and I wasn’t drunk, I was too fvcking nervous to do anything but bite my nails the entire game lol)- it was surreal. I had to keep pinching myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. 

I was almost waiting for some reason for it to be disallowed.  Just because.  

• Like 2

I watched the 1995 Cup winning game at my friend’s girlfriend’s house. 

27 years later, her dad and I are co-counsel on two cases together. I watched the game in his living room and I don’t believe he has any idea. 

His daughter works for the Courts and I deal with her all the time. 

Haven’t seen that friend in about 10-11 years.

Everyone on Staten Island knows it’s a small place despite having some 450k residents, this is a good example of that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was almost waiting for some reason for it to be disallowed.  Just because.  

I remember as soon as I saw the puck go in the net, I had the same thought, immediately. I looked right at the ref; I saw him pointing, signaling goal. I saw the Devils go nuts, the Rags look deflated as if they knew it was over (nothing to argue or challenge), and as all of this processed through my brain in the span of maybe a second to a second and a half, I jumped higher than I ever jumped in my life. 

• Like 1