2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

20 hours ago, MB3 said:

I'm a huuuuuuuuuuge Chiclets guy and have been for years. I saw Biz at a bar in New York a year-ish ago and was all nervous because I love listening to him and didn't want a bad experience to ruin the podcast. So I just kinda awkwardly said "really love the podcast, thanks" or something like that and he was by far the most engaging TV personality I've ever met. He kept the conversation going even when I was trying to back away to let him go back to his group. 

His star is shining so fvcking bright right now. TNT loves him. Hockey fans love him. He hustled his fvcking ass off after he stopped playing to turn himself into what he is today and every single tiny ounce of success he gets for the rest of his live will be deserved. 

Biz on chiclets can absolutely get my nerves cause he acts like the frat boy/high school sports hero that never grew up and tries to be over the top often. But, he truly is a man of the people, really glad to hear you had great interactions with him.

Biz on TV is what I want to see from an intermission report. I cannot applaud TNT enough for the coverage this season. Their intermissions were fun, engaging and very watchable. ESPN meanwhile decided to find two dinosaurs with no personality cause they were good players and hoped it work. Even if Messier was never a ranger, he still is boring as fvck and a biased douche. Chelios provides nothing of value. Steve Levy desperately tries to keep that disaster going. TNT is like this board, only rational and much cleaner lol

• Like 2

Miller makes sense for Buffalo. He’s their all time team leader in games played and wins, and second in GAA, save percentage and shutouts (all only to Hasek).

Personally I don’t want to see another number in our rafters without winning a cup, but I definitely get Miller for Buffalo. Id love to see a 13 or 86 up there in 15-20 years. It’ll mean something went very well

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Miller makes sense for Buffalo. He’s their all time team leader in games played and wins, and second in GAA, save percentage and shutouts (all only to Hasek).

Personally I don’t want to see another number in our rafters without winning a cup, but I definitely get Miller for Buffalo. Id love to see a 13 or 86 up there in 15-20 years. It’ll mean something went very well

Would be very ironic to retire #13 after so many years of not allowing it.

The Devils organization is asleep at the wheel. All they're interested in are bargain basement coaches. Trotz isnt coming here, please.  It'll be Ruff and some losers that Fitz will hand pick for him. Which is also why I dont want DeBrincat coming here. If we're going with Ruff, why give up the 2OA, good players, and top prospects in exchange for him when we likely wont be sniffing the playoffs next year. 

On the bright side, we should suck again, which means another chance at top 10. I guess that's a plus! 

Edited by slasher72

12 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Cassidy to Vegas and now Torts to Philly. Meanwhile we’ll have another year of Ruff and whatever former Pittsburgh assistant coaches Fitz hires 

With Torts they're going to need a hometown star veteran to fill the seats...enter Johnny Hockey.  

4 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

With Torts they're going to need a hometown star veteran to fill the seats...enter Johnny Hockey.  

They have $5m to sign 5 players to get to 23.  Unless they are trading Hayes or Provorov, I doubt they can sign JG.

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

They have $5m to sign 5 players to get to 23.  Unless they are trading Hayes or Provorov, I doubt they can sign JG.

I’d take Provorov off their hands if they are offering a “we’re desperate to get under the cap” discount..

Plus I am sure we have 5 $1m players to send back. 

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’d take Provorov off their hands if they are offering a “we’re desperate to get under the cap” discount..

Plus I am sure we have 5 $1m players to send back. 

They're in desperate need of centers. Maybe we send them Zacha for Provorov and watch the draft revisionists lose their fvcking minds.

• Haha 1