2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

On 6/15/2022 at 4:06 PM, MadDog2020 said:

Some of you guys really need to back away from the ledge on some of these takes. You’d think there was no talent on this roster whatsoever or nothing at all to build around. The ‘sky is falling through the ground’ takes get old after a while. You’d think we’re the fvcking Coyotes with the way some of you go on. 

Coyotes only made the playoffs 1 time since 2012 as well. Our dog sh!t team ain't that much different than them at this point.

I don't even feel like it's the sky is falling but until this team goes out and proves it's not dog sh!t I won't be holding my breath. The team sent out an email asking what we think of the team going forward, "extremely pessimistic" was an option and that's what I picked.

I'm sick of watching losing hockey for a decade. If there is no progress next season we need to really clean house again. I definitely admit I'm getting more and more like @DevsMan84in thinking that our owners really don't give a sh!t. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Add to that the fact that he was very unlikely to clear. He had bounced around a lot but there’s always a taker. Everyone knows post-COVID you need a third goalie option, and Wedgewood was perfect for that, semi-reliable at a very low cost. 

I think the NHL needs to revise the waiver rules for a third goalie in the future. Teams should be able to have a designated 3rd goalie that can be called up without risking waivers for sending them back down, especially considering how many Ebugs have been dressing the last few years. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think the NHL needs to revise the waiver rules for a third goalie in the future. Teams should be able to have a designated 3rd goalie that can be called up without risking waivers for sending them back down, especially considering how many Ebugs have been dressing the last few years. 

Agreed. 

24 minutes ago, MB3 said:

the devils and the coyotes “ain’t that much different” if you choose to literally only look at season results. the coyotes are entirely devoid of talent on their NHL and AHL roster. their prospect pool is one of the worst in the nhl. they finally have several draft picks this year, but haven’t been drafting at all the past few years because of horrible trades and idiotic mistakes. 

the coyotes are in the position NJ was in in like 2014. the devils are building something great. even the cynic in me can’t see a similarity between the franchises.

Pretty much. Keller is a good player, but overall - they’re not even close to what the Devils already currently have in the NHL, or in their pipeline. 

It’s full on doom and gloom to even try to suggest they’re remotely the same based purely off standings or playoff appearances. 

49 minutes ago, MB3 said:

the devils and the coyotes “ain’t that much different” if you choose to literally only look at season results. the coyotes are entirely devoid of talent on their NHL and AHL roster. their prospect pool is one of the worst in the nhl. they finally have several draft picks this year, but haven’t been drafting at all the past few years because of horrible trades and idiotic mistakes. 

the coyotes are in the position NJ was in in like 2014. the devils are building something great. even the cynic in me can’t see a similarity between the franchises.

I agree with you but I admit I'm a bit sick of this team in general, just an overall sourness in terms of everything on and off the ice. I'm tired of talking about how next season is finally gonna be the season that this franchise finally turns it around. I'll believe it when I see it at this point. 

I have no faith in Ruff or our goaltending. 

29 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Doc speaking truth. 

Do people really care this much? If there’s a game I want to watch it’s kind of irrelevant to me what channel is airing it. Obviously some people suck (Leah Hextall), but that doesn’t stop me from watching. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Do people really care this much? If there’s a game I want to watch it’s kind of irrelevant to me what channel is airing it. Obviously some people suck (Leah Hextall), but that doesn’t stop me from watching. 

Sounds like you don't stick around for the intermission reports but ESPN is absolute trash.  They have those dinosaurs Messier and Chelios putting everyone to sleep while TNT has some actual character and it's actually fun to watch.  ESPN has also been pretty terrible with replays not showing some of the action that you miss during the live game stream.  But they do have those sick cameras down in the d-zone boards for the faceoffs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Sounds like you don't stick around for the intermission reports but ESPN is absolute trash.  They have those dinosaurs Messier and Chelios putting everyone to sleep while TNT has some actual character and it's actually fun to watch.  ESPN has also been pretty terrible with replays not showing some of the action that you miss during the live game stream.  But they do have those sick cameras down in the d-zone boards for the faceoffs.

I definitely do not watch the intermission reports. That could be the difference. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Not to mention problems with the sound all the time. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I definitely do not watch the intermission reports. That could be the difference. 

Intermission is abysmal. The crybaby and mr fake bake are atrocious. I actually watched the TNT ones cause they were fun and actually provided insights.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Intermission is abysmal. The crybaby and mr fake bake are atrocious. I actually watched the TNT ones cause they were fun and actually provided insights.

I feel the same way.  I'm not really one to watch the intermission but TNT makes it worth sticking around to see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It almost sounded like he thought he was calling a basketball game

I honestly like Sean McDonagh, I think he’s actually not a bad PBP guy. And he’s got a good voice for hockey. My issue with ESPN is the studio. It’s trash. 

Edited by MadDog2020

My issue with ESPN, besides Hextall, Mr. Crybaby, McDonagh, the network itself for that matter…is the audio of the games is terrible. The crowds and sounds of the game are so muted.

Is anyone honestly surprised ESPN put such little effort into hockey?

Edited by devlman

29 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I honestly like Sean McDonagh, I think he’s actually not a bad PBP guy. And he’s got a good voice for hockey. My issue with ESPN is the studio. It’s trash. 

He’s a good pro but how can that network pick a guy with no NHL experience to be your #1 pbp commentator? This man is calling the Stanley Cup Finals. 

9 minutes ago, devlman said:

He’s a good pro but how can that network pick a guy with no NHL experience to be your #1 pbp commentator? This man is calling the Stanley Cup Finals. 

For a guy with no hockey experience, I think he’s been very good. You can definitely argue the merits of him calling the SCF though; I’d prefer a Kenny Albert or a John Forslund or a Dave Gosher calling this series. 

• Like 1