2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Lindblom released, Flyers clearing cap space for the inevitable Johnny Hockey signing. 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/flyers-place-oskar-lindblom-on-unconditional-waivers

They have got a hell of a way to go yet to free up that money. The Athletic ranked them 31st in terms of cap situation. 

2060458696_Screenshot_20220712-171700_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.e16d164da298190a2356e32f33df5d05.jpg

I don't doubt the rags will find a way, but they have 1 RFA and 7UFAs and have to get a goalie to split time with sh!tstork with 10M in cap. If you are going to spend 6M on Malkin why not just spend it on Copp? Either their depth is going to take a hit or they do their usual magic.

23 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't doubt the rags will find a way, but they have 1 RFA and 7UFAs and have to get a goalie to split time with sh!tstork with 10M in cap. If you are going to spend 6M on Malkin why not just spend it on Copp? Either their depth is going to take a hit or they do their usual magic.

Bright lights need marquee named players 

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That would give them the needed space.

Shoot.

As I was saying- the cap is fake when some a$$hole is always willing to absolve you of your idiotic signings.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

All I know is Fitz better have a good backup plan, because Gaudreau probably isn’t happening. And whatever that plan is, it better net us a fvcking IMPACT player, not some schmuck whose team is dumping him so they can sign someone more important. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

All I know is Fitz better have a good backup plan, because Gaudreau probably isn’t happening. And whatever that plan is, it better net us a fvcking IMPACT player, not some schmuck whose team is dumping him so they can sign someone more important. 

We didn't get Gaudreau but here's Phil Kessel and Loui Ericksson!

8 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Oh I am sure they will,but if we are talking $10-$11 mill AAV for Gaudreau means they still have all of that to clear. 

You know he’s taking less to play at “home”, and then people will be like “we should have given him that” even though he wouldn’t have accepted “that” from us.