2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

2 hours ago, Muevelos said:

I heard some folks say Tkachuk( however it's spelt) might want out if and when JG leaves. I'd give him that deal easily as he's much younger and better. That's a true pipe dream though

I can’t promise I won’t say “bless you” every time someone posts “Tkachuk”. 

8 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I believe we would have to offer sheet him.

Compensation would be insane.

Would almost certainly have to be a sign-and-trade, or Calgary would have to allow us to negotiate an extension before the trade takes place.

32 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

The Devils have a strong prospect pool.  Where do you get that the idea that it sucks? They have potential future stars and depth players.  They even bought out Kouk to make roster space.  They if there is an area of weakness, it is at the goalie position, but that isn’t even from a lack of trying.  The flyers are further away from competing.

No idea how you assertained that to the Devils but yes it was the Flyers i was talking about 

25 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

No idea how you assertained that to the Devils but yes it was the Flyers i was talking about 

They are consistently rank high for their prospect pool.  They have Luke, Holtz and, now, Nemec that are project as high end prospects.  Mercer will be a regular NHLer and they are deep with talent to be future NHLers.  Why do you say it sucks?

Edited by Puckbuster

25 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Has someone posted this already? Guerin wasn't fvcking around...

Nor is Dorian. Sens are ready to compete. LA, Rags, too, are now in compete window after starting rebuild similar time to us. Time for us to get going.

16 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

They are consistently rank high for their prospect pool.  They have Luke, Holtz and, now, Nemec that are project as high end prospects.  Mercer will be a regular NHLer and they are deep with talent to be future NHLers.  Why do you say it sucks?

…he’s talking about the flyers. 

Renaud Lavoie reported that MTL made a trade on draft day but that it hasnt been reported yet. We don't know who/what it is though.

I think Petry makes sense cause he has some signing bonuses involved in his contract so maybe its a way around that. I know there was rumours about petry to carolina

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Renaud Lavoie reported that MTL made a trade on draft day but that it hasnt been reported yet. We don't know who/what it is though.

I think Petry makes sense cause he has some signing bonuses involved in his contract so maybe its a way around that. I know there was rumours about petry to carolina

Jeff Petry is the very definition of a late bloomer

Well Malkin is back in Pittsburgh actually 

4x6.1m

I can "understand" the feelings and wanting him there "now".

But having Letang, Crosby and Malkin aging together and getting this old is going to drive that franchise into the ground.

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

4x6.1m

But having Letang, Crosby and Malkin aging together and getting this old is going to drive that franchise into the ground.

Is there a source on that? Haven’t seen it reported. 

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

4x6.1m

You need to stop interpreting the sound of your own farts