2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Which... let's be. honest, we like the logo because of what it represent to us now, it's nostalgic. But it's not a really good looking logo on itself. Same thing with many classic logos around the league. Habs, Bruins, Rangers, etc etc... they are iconic now... but on their own and without context.. it's not that great.

No…. I can’t speak for others, but I like the logo because it’s a great logo. It’s one of the best logos in sports. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

No…. I can’t speak for others, but I like the logo because it’s a great logo. It’s one of the best logos in sports. 

Yeah, I have to agree with this. I don’t know if all the lines are even and sh!t, but you took the team name, and the state, and incorporated them into a great logo that has with stood the test of time, at least thus far.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

it's certainly iconic and thats the most important thing

you can have flawlessly executed logo that will never connect with the audience too

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

well it's mostly just the flow of the lines

Ideally if there's shapes cutting into each others you want to have a smooth and sharp consistent gap between the 2 shapes like it's been cut from one other kind of like a puzzle piece.

So that makes the black outlines also inconsistent and sloppy.

This section the top part is good and sharp but that tail... the line is really sloppy... the curve is not smooth and elegant at all, very clunky. Just look at it lol 

image.thumb.png.3be08df9d2dc663334dcbd5fad83af45.png 

It’s a VERY small percentage of fans that would ever notice these “flaws”.  It’s an even smaller percentage that would choose to dock points off this logo due to such “flaws”.

I can appreciate this sort of thing because I’ve always had an eye for irregularities too, but I’ll admit, I’ve never once stared at a Devils logo and thought “AAAAAAAAA BUT THOSE LINES!!!”

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Outside of the devils logo of course the brewers have a pretty awesome logo.  Always enjoyed a hidden meaning within a logo.

I can’t even tell you how old I was before I realized the Brewers logo was what it was, it was significantly later than it should have been. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s a VERY small percentage of fans that would ever notice these “flaws”.  It’s an even smaller percentage that would choose to dock points off this logo due to such “flaws”.

I can appreciate this sort of thing because I’ve always had an eye for irregularities too, but I’ll admit, I’ve never once stared at a Devils logo and thought “AAAAAAAAA BUT THOSE LINES!!!”

I don't have either of your eyes for symmetry and whatnot, I love the logo, other than me trying to copy it while I was bored in school. Now THOSE lines were atrocious.

The lines I miss the most are the waist stripes. Now those needs to come back cause I just feel like our jerseys became bland with the change.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I can’t even tell you how old I was before I realized the Brewers logo was what it was, it was significantly later than it should have been. 

I didn't know until the brought it back, like I knew there was something else to it other than a mitt when i was a kid, but I never knew it was that smartly done.

• Like 3

The mindblowing logo moment that I had was when the “H” embedded within the Whalers logo suddenly just popped out at me.  And I’ve pointed it out to other people who weren’t aware of the H, and were similarly in “No way!” mode.

image.png.cd2dd09c0443be605f3f8f186d1b4df4.png

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The mindblowing logo moment that I had was when the “H” embedded within the Whalers logo suddenly just popped out at me.  And I’ve pointed it out to other people who weren’t aware of the H, and were similarly in “No way!” mode.

Ditto. Just a W with a whale’s tail for years lol. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That was such a great jersey. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That was such a great jersey. 

Especially the greens.  When they went to a more “modern 90s” design, they lost something.  And the logo was both cool and clever.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I just don’t remember the green ones. I for sure remember blue and white. Maybe they were before my time (I really noticed hockey 92-93ish)

They were before my time as a hockey fan as well, but I’ve always liked how they looked in old pics. 

image.thumb.jpeg.62be18d03c79a293aae2c14b7de388c6.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Especially the greens.  When they went to a more “modern 90s” design, they lost something.  And the logo was both cool and clever.

They accomplished what they intended to with the change, they sold a sh!t ton of those navy/green/white jerseys, even here in New York. 

Sadly, the Hartford greens were ditched for these…they’re OK, but those greens just felt so much more right:

image.png.600bce3fe879c93766f801044a338517.png

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sadly, the Hartford greens were ditched for these…they’re OK, but those greens just felt so much more right:

image.png.600bce3fe879c93766f801044a338517.png

Nowhere near as nice as the green but these were also pretty sharp on their own. Really unique color combination that fit the whole nautical theme. 

• Like 2

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Nowhere near as nice as the green but these were also pretty sharp on their own. Really unique color combination that fit the whole nautical theme. 

Yup, hugely popular after the change as I mentioned above, our local stores couldn’t keep them in stock. 

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Oh I’m definitely not saying the navys were bad, just that those greens really stood out.  

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How do you think it plays out? 

I think they are just trying for more time to negotiate but haven't there been a lot of these where it goes to arbitration and the player gets offended by the arguments and player comparisons the team makes?  I feel like Lou pissed off a few guys this way in the late 90s.    

Edited by Lateralous

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

I think they are just trying for more time to negotiate but haven't there been a lot of these where it goes to arbitration and the player gets offended by the arguments and player comparisons the team makes?  I feel like Lou pissed off a few guys this way in the late 90s.    

Probably, I’m wondering if it makes it more or less likely that he’s traded.