2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The mindblowing logo moment that I had was when the “H” embedded within the Whalers logo suddenly just popped out at me.  And I’ve pointed it out to other people who weren’t aware of the H, and were similarly in “No way!” mode.

image.png.cd2dd09c0443be605f3f8f186d1b4df4.png

Same for me.  I was blown away when I finally realized the H in there.   Kind of like the arrow between the E and x in the FedEx logo.  

FedEx – Logos Download

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I can’t even tell you how old I was before I realized the Brewers logo was what it was, it was significantly later than it should have been. 

That would make two of us lol. Same on the Whalers logo. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The mindblowing logo moment that I had was when the “H” embedded within the Whalers logo suddenly just popped out at me.  And I’ve pointed it out to other people who weren’t aware of the H, and were similarly in “No way!” mode.

image.png.cd2dd09c0443be605f3f8f186d1b4df4.png

Once you see the H, you can’t UNSEE it. It took me a loooong time to notice it though lol.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

I just listened to the Steve Dangle podcast from yesterday where they talk about another awful sexual abuse scandal, this one involving the 2017-18 Canadian World Junior team.  Somehow, this is the first I'm hearing of this.  I apologize if its already been posted here and I missed it.

More players step forward in Hockey Canada investigation | The Star

Hopefully all 8 are held accountable.  Mike McLeod was on that team.   Cale Makar and Carter Hart too. Hopefully they were not apart of it.     

Edited by Lateralous

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I just listened to the Steve Dangle podcast from yesterday where they talk about another awful sexual abuse scandal, this one involving the 2017-18 Canadian World Junior team.  Somehow, this is the first I'm hearing of this.  I appologize if its already been posted here and I missed it.

Hopefully all 8 are held accountable.  Mike McLeod was on that team.   Cale Makar and Carter Hart too. Hopefully they were not apart of it.     

Terrible story, I hope it gets sorted out correctly. 

Also, someone picked Mike McLeod for a World Junior Team??

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

I just listened to the Steve Dangle podcast from yesterday where they talk about another awful sexual abuse scandal, this one involving the 2017-18 Canadian World Junior team.  Somehow, this is the first I'm hearing of this.  I apologize if its already been posted here and I missed it.

So this is the same scandal that came up a couple months ago due to the civil suit. Where it’s getting really REALLY weird is how the lawyers are saying Hockey Canada essentially settled the suit without telling the players there was an assault filed (if I even said they correctly.)

Rick Westhead and Katie Strang are both on top of this, coverage wise.

EDIT: Here’s what I’m referring to.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

So im thinking that part of the pitch to the Flames to trade Tkachuk to us would be..

"Listen. Johnny fvcked you guys over by leaving you guys... not much you can do to get him back from over there... BUT if you send over Tkachuk here, within the division.. we can take away from 8 to 10 points from the blue jackets to assure that he's never sniffing the playoffs again. We ALSO have this Gersteen dude here...."

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

So im thinking that part of the pitch to the Flames to trade Tkachuk to us would be..

"Listen. Johnny fvcked you guys over by leaving you guys... not much you can do to get him back from over there... BUT if you send over Tkachuk here, within the division.. we can take away from 8 to 10 points from the blue jackets to assure that he's never sniffing the playoffs again. We ALSO have this Gersteen dude here...."

Yeah but if you do that, they’ll want Geertsen in the trade and there is simply no way we can spare him. 

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

It can’t be just Tarasenko, right, like I’m not crazy to think Calgary would settle for a 31 year old being the “big” piece.

I can’t imagine that. It would kind of defeat the purpose of trading Tkachuk to rebuild in the first place. It needs to be picks, prospects and a good NHL roster guy that’s young and relatively inexpensive. 

I just looked at the Blues’ roster and granted I am not familiar with their AHL team (aside from Hofer who is a decent goalie prospect), but I don’t really see the solid young Bratt-like roster player they could (or would) include. 

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I know nothing of the credibility of the poster, but this isn’t a good look, at all, if even remotely true.

It's definitely not a good look if the Devils knew about this and haven't conducted their own investigation. Innocent until proven guilty, though, no matter how tempting it is to call them all scumbags.

Just now, Aitchmack said:

It's definitely not a good look if the Devils knew about this and haven't conducted their own investigation. Innocent until proven guilty, though, no matter how tempting it is to call them all scumbags.

I don’t blame the Devils with how BADLY Hockey Canada has been trying to keep the lid on this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Apparently so:

Not thrilled about that. If there is video evidence of a crime being committed, hopefully McLeod wasn't involved there. The players lawyers are prepared to offer up video taken during and after the incident so I can't imagine there's that much incriminating stuff, but who knows. Better to wait to hear it all. 

The reports of some of the videos scream coercion to prove consent to me. Hoping McLeod isn't involved but if he is then he deserves punishment commensurate to whatever actually occurred. There is a lot of he said she said in the media atm, limited specifics, the fact police didn't end up pressing charges, and so more details are needed to know consequence. 

Also whoever sent those texts the following day are terrible and whoever sent those needs to be hauled over the coals

• Like 1

Bettman prob having a stressful summer trying to deal with all these issues. The ongoing Kane saga, team Canada, now this...not good at all to say the very least. This is coming off the Pittsburgh stuff last season among some other stuff as well if I remember correctly.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/daryl-katz-ballerina-sex-allegations-1.6526941