2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Disagree. I think he’s been very good for being a first timer. Hockey is the hardest sport to do PBP on, bar none. If he’s been this good with no experience, it leads me to believe he’ll only get better. 

The action is very fast and every once in a while the name you have to spit out at a second's notice is Khudomukamadullinov. I can't imagine that's easy. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I didn’t know that. That seems like a strange choice for ESPN to use someone without hockey experience. It’s definitely a much different flow than a lot of other sports 

He has called college hockey. 

The good thing about TNT and ESPN is it is def bringing eyes to the sport that hadn't been watching. I have had a lot of people/friends, in particular the ones who watch a lot of basketball, telling me they have been watching and asking me Qs about rules etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I don't think college hockey has any Khudomukamadullinovs

Definitely not. Worst you have to deal with over there is Zach Hyman's brother, Buster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think the NHL needs to revise the waiver rules for a third goalie in the future. Teams should be able to have a designated 3rd goalie that can be called up without risking waivers for sending them back down, especially considering how many Ebugs have been dressing the last few years. 

100%. I get why and I get that it's a job (EBUGs), but I don't like how they are working for the arena and teams can't have some control or just carry some more goalies. 

Goalies just seem to get hurt a lot more today too. Faster game and more collisions. 

Regarding the broadcasting teams, I know I'd take the TNT guys over the ESPN crew. Messier is so boring. TNT crew was awesome, had chemistry and were great. Biznasty actually makes Tocchet seem cool. I didn't even mind Gretzky on there. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

100%. I get why and I get that it's a job (EBUGs), but I don't like how they are working for the arena and teams can't have some control or just carry some more goalies. 

Goalies just seem to get hurt a lot more today too. Faster game and more collisions. 

Regarding the broadcasting teams, I know I'd take the TNT guys over the ESPN crew. Messier is so boring. TNT crew was awesome, had chemistry and were great. Biznasty actually makes Tocchet seem cool. I didn't even mind Gretzky on there. 

According to their deal if I read it right, they rotate Stanley Cup finals. So at least we’ll get TNT next year for the finals. Gretzky is pretty stiff but you’re right, even he was lightening up a bit 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

According to their deal if I read it right, they rotate Stanley Cup finals. So at least we’ll get TNT next year for the finals. Gretzky is pretty stiff but you’re right, even he was lightening up a bit 

Gretz is finally realizing its okay to come out of his shell. He’s been so focused on being The Great One that its gotta be hard to turn off, even 20 years later.

It also has to be in large part the guys around him making him feel like he’s one of the guys again and can just relax. I remember when I met him when he was a Ranger he was boring as hell and pretty expressionless

Never was a Biss fan, the guy use to skate around in ECHL warmups wearing a WWE title belt then duck fighting anybody worth while. Thankfully and unfortunately for his face as he moved up guys never gave him that chance they just pounded him.  He's made a living out of being a clown so he's got that going for him.

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Do people really care this much? If there’s a game I want to watch it’s kind of irrelevant to me what channel is airing it. Obviously some people suck (Leah Hextall), but that doesn’t stop me from watching. 

1000% this.  I have broadcasting teams I prefer, and others I don't care for at all, but you're absolutely right, overall I really couldn't give two sh!ts what network airs it. 

3 hours ago, titans04 said:

Never was a Biss fan, the guy use to skate around in ECHL warmups wearing a WWE title belt then duck fighting anybody worth while. Thankfully and unfortunately for his face as he moved up guys never gave him that chance they just pounded him.  He's made a living out of being a clown so he's got that going for him.

Let some joy into your life, buddy lol. 

42 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That Deboer deal is looking like over 4 million a season. Dang. Didn’t realize he was that coveted 

He seems to have remained well respected. 

44 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That Deboer deal is looking like over 4 million a season. Dang. Didn’t realize he was that coveted 

He seems to have a knack of getting the best out of teams who want to take that final step towards being a contender.  He did it with NJ and SJ and somewhat successful in Vegas.

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

He seems to have a knack of getting the best out of teams who want to take that final step towards being a contender.  He did it with NJ and SJ and somewhat successful in Vegas.

If you had to pick between him and Ruff, who do you choose?

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you had to pick between him and Ruff, who do you choose?

I would absolutely choose Pete.  I don't think he is the right fit for the Devils, but he is worlds better than Ruff in any aspect.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Easy- Pete.

5 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I would absolutely choose Pete.  I don't think he is the right fit for the Devils, but he is worlds better than Ruff in any aspect.

Yup, me too.