2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Devils should take a good look at Kuemper. He's not a world-class goalie but he's a clear-cut number 1 goaltender in the NHL. 

The Devils are in a good position to get one of him, Campbell, or Husso. I’d be happy with any of those depending on term and all that. I don’t think any of them will break the bank but Kuemper winning the cup makes me think he’s the prime target for most teams

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Wonder if we made an offer for Debrincat.  If we did, I guess maybe it wasn't enough, and if we didn't, maybe management thinks Holtz will be ready as a winger next year, and he and/or Bratt are enough to be on the top line.  

If we can sign Bratt

Georgiev is someone I thought the Devils could give a look to to give a good shot, but great move by the Aves. They will go with Georgiev and Francouz if Kuemper is out and that seems like a strange move, but COL and TB pro scouts have been hitting it out of the park recently. 

I was looking at Francouz for us possibly too, but Sakic is taking a risk here. I'd be fine with giving a shot to any of Husso, Campbell, or Kuemper.

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Looks like Ottawa may have just had the best offer. If Philly wasn’t willing I part with #5, makes sense that Fitz didn’t want to trade #2 for a soon-to-be RFA. I’m still really hoping he has a move coming tonight though 

Tkachuk or nothing

14 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I’m not sure i totally understand what Chicago is doing.   Heading into a rebuild by trading their best young players for picks?   

Yeah I’m not sure how trading DeBrincat was their priority. Would probably be the last guy I traded, not the first. 

49 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I’m not sure i totally understand what Chicago is doing.   Heading into a rebuild by trading their best young players for picks?   

I can’t see this ending well. Trading young talent, bringing in Marek? They are angling for Bedard early. 

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

the debrincat move makes sense if they've decided they're definitely going to bottom out and definitely don't plan on paying DeBrincat 9.5+ per year while their ship is sinking.

the insistence on trading Dach, who could be stepping into his prime in 4-5 years when you'd assume the rebuild should be turning the corner, is.... bizarre. 

and all that after paying a LOT and committing to Jones  last year