Jump to content

2021-2022 Around the League thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I can’t see them letting less than a million getting in the way. Unless one side gets super stubborn you have to think this gets figured out. 

I feel like he’s part of that core of Preds that peaked in 2017.   Regardless of the numbers he put up this year, I would have a hard time throwing 8 years of term at him 5 years after the fact.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

will be interesting with him having a full NTC. Getting moved to a sh!t team (compared to TB) with cap space along with taking a pay cut (not sure any teams that play in states with no income tax can afford him) is far from ideal for what potentially 4 years?  It will be interesting to  see somebody who's negotiated a full ntc actually tell the team trying to move him to pound sand unless the situation is one he truly likes enough to lose the money on top of most likely playing for a bad team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I don't know if anyone else is following this but it is fvcked up!!!!

 

 

I am and I agree. Draft dodger since he signed with Flyers.  I learned from following that CSKA is considered Russian military. Never realized.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

WOW - welp, they did it and with amazing results, TB clears major cap space while losing a solid D but who had a LOT of term left. Cap wizard type sh!t.

 

 

Edited by titans04
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, titans04 said:

WOW - welp, they did it and with amazing results, TB clears major cap space while losing a solid D but who had a LOT of term left. Cap wizard type sh!t.

 

 

This is why people say cap hell doesn’t exist. Someone always seems willing to swoop in and take one of your contracts. Also Grant Mismash seems like a made up name 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Also Grant Mismash seems like a made up name 

Seriously, that dude belongs on a line with Pinizyn Seider. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

UFA possabilities: (not necessarily in this) Husso, Copp, Nieterreiter, Burakovsky, 

Rodregues, Mason Marchment Desmith?

Possible RFA's (if they can be payed away)  : Necas, Crouse, Hague, Nic Roy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

UFA possabilities: (not necessarily in this) Husso, Copp, Nieterreiter, Burakovsky, 

Rodregues, Mason Marchment Desmith?

Possible RFA's (if they can be payed away)  : Necas, Crouse, Hague, Nic Roy?

I forgot Marchment was a UFA, I would definitely bring him in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When qualifying in searching asst. coaches. don't we want a PP coach that is a tactician? (that hasn't just "dabbled" in it.) that has actually played half wall/point (for example Adam Oates) not suggesting to pursue, but that kind of experience. Also, I like the idea of Madden (he'll help with PK imo for sure.) Isn't the asst. coach that was with Rochester still asst.here too. Nothing against Andrew Brunette, but why would he leap to the top.  Wonder if Kevin Dean (formerly Bruins) might be considered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to get that NMC or your NTC could land you in Columbus anyway. TB was prepared to waive McD if he didn't agree to be traded to NASH (who he had little interest in going to) but there was a commitment from the BJs to claim him if he was indeed waived.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, titans04 said:

Got to get that NMC or your NTC could land you in Columbus anyway. TB was prepared to waive McD if he didn't agree to be traded to NASH (who he had little interest in going to) but there was a commitment from the BJs to claim him if he was indeed waived.

 

This is kind of fvcked up too. The Fedtov sh!t sounds like he's being murdered by his own government, but this.... it's like we agreed to this in our contract and TB kind of worked around this by making some "agreements" with their competitors to screw me out of this part of my contract.

 

I don't see a way to temper this behavior on the teams/GMs part. Besides fans chastising the team or something, but wow.

Don't NTCs entail the player giving his current team 4 or 6 teams he is willing to be traded to?  Were both CBJ and NSH on that list? Some real fvckery and looks bad on Tampa, but at least they have cap space. 

Edited by RizzMB30
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

This is kind of fvcked up too. The Fedtov sh!t sounds like he's being murdered by his own government, but this.... it's like we agreed to this in our contract and TB kind of worked around this by making some "agreements" with their competitors to screw me out of this part of my contract.

 

I don't see a way to temper this behavior on the teams/GMs part. Besides fans chastising the team or something, but wow.

Don't NTCs entail the player giving his current team 4 or 6 teams he is willing to be traded to?  Were both CBJ and NSH on that list? Some real fvckery and looks bad on Tampa, but at least they have cap space. 

NTC vary, McD had a full no trade clause until 2026 where he would then have had to provide TB a list of 12 teams he would not accept a trade to. The number of teams is the X factor in each deal.  Not all contracts with NTC come with a time where it eventually turns to a modified NTC requiring the player to provide a list of teams the will not accept a trade to. With the NTC TB could still waive him at any time during the deal because he didn't have a NMC (No Movement Clause). So without a NMC these guys are still for the most part at the teams mercy in most cases if they want to get rid of you bad enough. A NMC protects the player from being sent down, traded, waived etc. 

Edited by titans04
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.