2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

19 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Dubas is a train wreck.  Trade out of the first round to undo the Mzarek mistake and then replace him with a more expensive faltering Matt Murray.  

Elliott’s Friedman on 32 Thoughts thinks this move is cause the goaltending coach in Toronto is familiar with Murray and they think he’s healed and knows where he’s failing. It’s a reach for sure

6 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Just saw Hawks fans discussing an unverified rumor on their subreddit about Kane. Unverified rumor is he is going to request a trade out of Chicago in the next couple days and the team at the top of his list is...you guessed it. Bright lights brah. He has full NMC so I think he has full control.

Cab drivers beware. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

copper is a great player and that makes me happy to read that he won’t be in New York next year.

if the devils swing and miss on the top guys, signing copp and moving mercer to wing seems like a great move.

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

rangers traded a 1st, a 2nd, and Morgan Barron for 2 months of Copp.

lmao

Classic “Go For It” kind of move…glad it didn’t work out for them.

Copp as a 3C who can fill in on the top 2 lines when Jack and/or Nico inevitably miss some games wouldn’t be a half-bad pickup…as long as he’s not too pricey.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, MB3 said:

rangers traded a 1st, a 2nd, and Morgan Barron for 2 months of Copp.

lmao

That does seem quite a lot. They did go pretty deep, though they probably were expecting to win. 

18 points in 16 regular season games played,  14 points in 20 playoff games. What kind of royal d!ck must that guy be that they don't want him around after paying a fortune for him?

Edited by mfitz804

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i know everyone is gonna do the “rangers always get away with it!” meme but look at their cap friendly page. they flat out can’t afford him. 

I guess. I mean if it was Panarin they would figure it out. But maybe you have to save that for when it IS a guy like Panarin. 

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

affording panarin was never an issue. it was just a weird signing because it was right after they tore it down. they were easily able to afford him. 

I mean going forward. It's a lot easier to say goodbye to Copp. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If you throw copp in as your 3rd line center, you could move mercer to a top-6 wing position. you could also stack hughes/nico on a powerplay unit since they look great on the ice together and let copp play PP2, and copp kills penalties so he’d obviously get his ice time.

I think Mercer needs to be on a wing. But don't we have like another 4 centers to get rid of? Boqvist, Zacha, McLeod all going to compete for one spot, or are we moving some of those turds to wings?  Or to other teams?

40 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think many people expect Malkin to be a Ranger soon. Could well be the idea of not staying with Copp. 

It's crazy to me that their managing philosophy hasn't really changed. Throw money at problems until you can make wild trades. I would hope that Drury would be the person making that change, but guess not. 

Would not be surprised to see them sign Malkin and make a move for Kane. I hate them. 

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think Mercer needs to be on a wing. But don't we have like another 4 centers to get rid of? Boqvist, Zacha, McLeod all going to compete for one spot, or are we moving some of those turds to wings?  Or to other teams?

Weekes has mentioned on twitter that a few teams are actually interested in Zacha. I would love to know which teams. CBJ? FLA?

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinWeekes/status/1546289276966543360?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1546289276966543360|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.allaboutthejersey.com%2F2022%2F7%2F11%2F23203153%2Fdevils-in-the-details-7-11-22-development-camp-edition

Edited by RizzMB30