2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

very much ongoing.  He  refused to report to Hartford last season and ran back to the KHL wasn't even sure he wanted to come back over after his KHL season ended to play for the rags JD had to give him a handy.  He pretty much got f*cked this year imo because they didn't want to expose  Gauthier who blows and Hunt who is nowhere as good on waivers. But he's a talented kid who's a huge headcase so I would pass too. This act isn't a one time thing on his part but it's a massive mishandling of an asset on the rags part. 

In that case, it couldn’t have happened to a better player or team. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I have no interest in trading with them.

Agreed. The hockey gods did not like it one bit the last time…

As for ESPN+, that’s disappointing to hear it’s already having issues. I decided to just keep center ice since I like to DVR the games. Kind of pricey just to have that luxury, but for me it’s worth it since I’m never ready to start the games on time, and I’m out on weekends a lot. 

I still plan to sign up for the bundle (might as well since I already had Disney +), but I’m glad I won’t have to rely solely on the streaming app for hockey. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Agreed. The hockey gods did not like it one bit the last time…

As for ESPN+, that’s disappointing to hear it’s already having issues. I decided to just keep center ice since I like to DVR the games. Kind of pricey just to have that luxury, but for me it’s worth it since I’m never ready to start the games on time, and I’m out on weekends a lot. 

I still plan to sign up for the bundle (might as well since I already had Disney +), but I’m glad I won’t have to rely solely on the streaming app for hockey. 

which means next time it could go in our favour lol imagine him become a stud and terrorizing the Rangers for the next decade. That'd be amazing too haha

9 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

What's amazing is that our owners installed an equally sophisticated on-ice projection system a few years back for over a million dollars and all they do with it is show generic videos of past Devils goals/moments in every single opener.

That was definitely money well-spent.

As for ESPN+, I didn't stay up to watch the Kraken game, but the quality was all over the place for the Lightning game stream.  The commercials came in very clear, so it seems like they have a few bugs to work out on the live streaming portion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

What's amazing is that our owners installed an equally sophisticated on-ice projection system a few years back for over a million dollars and all they do with it is show generic videos of past Devils goals/moments in every single opener.

That was definitely money well-spent.

I know it feels like a few years back but that was installed in 2014 already. They did do some cool things with it originally but they either fired the people who know how to really use it properly or it simply can't do Vegas level stuff cause of the model they bought, I have no clue. For the price and what we have seen from it the past few seasons I agree though. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

My college roller hockey team did that…. But we knew we were a joke and had all but one person get an A, even the goalie

What was wrong with the one guy who didn’t get it??

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know it feels like a few years back but that was installed in 2014 already. They did do some cool things with it originally but they either fired the people who know how to really use it properly or it simply can't do Vegas level stuff cause of the model they bought, I have no clue. For the price and what we have seen from it the past few seasons I agree though. 

I don’t think it’s the same system as 2012 but holy sh!t those pregame playoff hype videos were so damn sick

Just now, mfitz804 said:

What was wrong with the one guy who didn’t get it??

He got hit by a car, couldn’t play cause of a torn ACL/MCL so he wore a suit 🤣

• Like 1