2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Does Copp play wing? I don't see where we put him as a center. 

If you throw copp in as your 3rd line center, you could move mercer to a top-6 wing position. you could also stack hughes/nico on a powerplay unit since they look great on the ice together and let copp play PP2, and copp kills penalties so he’d obviously get his ice time.

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

affording panarin was never an issue. it was just a weird signing because it was right after they tore it down. they were easily able to afford him. 

I mean going forward. It's a lot easier to say goodbye to Copp. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If you throw copp in as your 3rd line center, you could move mercer to a top-6 wing position. you could also stack hughes/nico on a powerplay unit since they look great on the ice together and let copp play PP2, and copp kills penalties so he’d obviously get his ice time.

I think Mercer needs to be on a wing. But don't we have like another 4 centers to get rid of? Boqvist, Zacha, McLeod all going to compete for one spot, or are we moving some of those turds to wings?  Or to other teams?

Good news is that Malkin is out due to injury a lot.

Idk if you can trust this guy or not but if Malkin turned down 6MM for 4 years to go to market he's loopy and NYR can't afford that either.

Edited by NJDevils1214

40 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think many people expect Malkin to be a Ranger soon. Could well be the idea of not staying with Copp. 

It's crazy to me that their managing philosophy hasn't really changed. Throw money at problems until you can make wild trades. I would hope that Drury would be the person making that change, but guess not. 

Would not be surprised to see them sign Malkin and make a move for Kane. I hate them. 

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think Mercer needs to be on a wing. But don't we have like another 4 centers to get rid of? Boqvist, Zacha, McLeod all going to compete for one spot, or are we moving some of those turds to wings?  Or to other teams?

Weekes has mentioned on twitter that a few teams are actually interested in Zacha. I would love to know which teams. CBJ? FLA?

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinWeekes/status/1546289276966543360?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1546289276966543360|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.allaboutthejersey.com%2F2022%2F7%2F11%2F23203153%2Fdevils-in-the-details-7-11-22-development-camp-edition

Edited by RizzMB30

40 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Good news is that Malkin is out due to injury a lot.

Idk if you can trust this guy or not but if Malkin turned down 6MM for 4 years to go to market he's loopy and NYR can't afford that either.

I believe NYR has 10mil in cap space

7 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I believe NYR has 10mil in cap space

Assume Malkin costs $6-7m, who else do they have to sign with that money?

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Lindblom released, Flyers clearing cap space for the inevitable Johnny Hockey signing. 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/flyers-place-oskar-lindblom-on-unconditional-waivers

They have got a hell of a way to go yet to free up that money. The Athletic ranked them 31st in terms of cap situation. 

2060458696_Screenshot_20220712-171700_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.e16d164da298190a2356e32f33df5d05.jpg

10 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

They have got a hell of a way to go yet to free up that money. The Athletic ranked them 31st in terms of cap situation. 

2060458696_Screenshot_20220712-171700_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.e16d164da298190a2356e32f33df5d05.jpg

They’ll find a way. The cap is fake.

I don't doubt the rags will find a way, but they have 1 RFA and 7UFAs and have to get a goalie to split time with sh!tstork with 10M in cap. If you are going to spend 6M on Malkin why not just spend it on Copp? Either their depth is going to take a hit or they do their usual magic.

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

We need to get Dougie to call his old pal up and tell him how awesome living in NJ is...😂

Send that guy the video, stat. 

23 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't doubt the rags will find a way, but they have 1 RFA and 7UFAs and have to get a goalie to split time with sh!tstork with 10M in cap. If you are going to spend 6M on Malkin why not just spend it on Copp? Either their depth is going to take a hit or they do their usual magic.

Bright lights need marquee named players 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That would give them the needed space.

Shoot.

As I was saying- the cap is fake when some a$$hole is always willing to absolve you of your idiotic signings.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2