Jump to content

2021-2022 Around the League thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Which... let's be. honest, we like the logo because of what it represent to us now, it's nostalgic. But it's not a really good looking logo on itself. Same thing with many classic logos around the league. Habs, Bruins, Rangers, etc etc... they are iconic now... but on their own and without context.. it's not that great.

No…. I can’t speak for others, but I like the logo because it’s a great logo. It’s one of the best logos in sports. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

No…. I can’t speak for others, but I like the logo because it’s a great logo. It’s one of the best logos in sports. 

Yeah, I have to agree with this. I don’t know if all the lines are even and sh!t, but you took the team name, and the state, and incorporated them into a great logo that has with stood the test of time, at least thus far.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

No…. I can’t speak for others, but I like the logo because it’s a great logo. It’s one of the best logos in sports. 

it's certainly iconic and thats the most important thing

you can have flawlessly executed logo that will never connect with the audience too

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

well it's mostly just the flow of the lines

Ideally if there's shapes cutting into each others you want to have a smooth and sharp consistent gap between the 2 shapes like it's been cut from one other kind of like a puzzle piece.

So that makes the black outlines also inconsistent and sloppy.

 This section the top part is good and sharp but that tail... the line is really sloppy... the curve is not smooth and elegant at all, very clunky. Just look at it lol 

image.thumb.png.3be08df9d2dc663334dcbd5fad83af45.png 

It’s a VERY small percentage of fans that would ever notice these “flaws”.  It’s an even smaller percentage that would choose to dock points off this logo due to such “flaws”.

I can appreciate this sort of thing because I’ve always had an eye for irregularities too, but I’ll admit, I’ve never once stared at a Devils logo and thought “AAAAAAAAA BUT THOSE LINES!!!”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Outside of the devils logo of course the brewers have a pretty awesome logo.  Always enjoyed a hidden meaning within a logo.

I can’t even tell you how old I was before I realized the Brewers logo was what it was, it was significantly later than it should have been. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s a VERY small percentage of fans that would ever notice these “flaws”.  It’s an even smaller percentage that would choose to dock points off this logo due to such “flaws”.

I can appreciate this sort of thing because I’ve always had an eye for irregularities too, but I’ll admit, I’ve never once stared at a Devils logo and thought “AAAAAAAAA BUT THOSE LINES!!!”

I don't have either of your eyes for symmetry and whatnot, I love the logo, other than me trying to copy it while I was bored in school. Now THOSE lines were atrocious.

The lines I miss the most are the waist stripes. Now those needs to come back cause I just feel like our jerseys became bland with the change.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I can’t even tell you how old I was before I realized the Brewers logo was what it was, it was significantly later than it should have been. 

I didn't know until the brought it back, like I knew there was something else to it other than a mitt when i was a kid, but I never knew it was that smartly done.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The mindblowing logo moment that I had was when the “H” embedded within the Whalers logo suddenly just popped out at me.  And I’ve pointed it out to other people who weren’t aware of the H, and were similarly in “No way!” mode.

image.png.cd2dd09c0443be605f3f8f186d1b4df4.png

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The mindblowing logo moment that I had was when the “H” embedded within the Whalers logo suddenly just popped out at me.  And I’ve pointed it out to other people who weren’t aware of the H, and were similarly in “No way!” mode.

image.png.cd2dd09c0443be605f3f8f186d1b4df4.png

Ditto. Just a W with a whale’s tail for years lol. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The mindblowing logo moment that I had was when the “H” embedded within the Whalers logo suddenly just popped out at me.  And I’ve pointed it out to other people who weren’t aware of the H, and were similarly in “No way!” mode.

image.png.cd2dd09c0443be605f3f8f186d1b4df4.png

That was such a great jersey. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That was such a great jersey. 

Especially the greens.  When they went to a more “modern 90s” design, they lost something.  And the logo was both cool and clever.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I just don’t remember the green ones. I for sure remember blue and white. Maybe they were before my time (I really noticed hockey 92-93ish)

They were before my time as a hockey fan as well, but I’ve always liked how they looked in old pics. 

image.thumb.jpeg.62be18d03c79a293aae2c14b7de388c6.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Especially the greens.  When they went to a more “modern 90s” design, they lost something.  And the logo was both cool and clever.

They accomplished what they intended to with the change, they sold a sh!t ton of those navy/green/white jerseys, even here in New York. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly, the Hartford greens were ditched for these…they’re OK, but those greens just felt so much more right:

image.png.600bce3fe879c93766f801044a338517.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sadly, the Hartford greens were ditched for these…they’re OK, but those greens just felt so much more right:

image.png.600bce3fe879c93766f801044a338517.png

Nowhere near as nice as the green but these were also pretty sharp on their own. Really unique color combination that fit the whole nautical theme. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Nowhere near as nice as the green but these were also pretty sharp on their own. Really unique color combination that fit the whole nautical theme. 

Yup, hugely popular after the change as I mentioned above, our local stores couldn’t keep them in stock. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Nowhere near as nice as the green but these were also pretty sharp on their own. Really unique color combination that fit the whole nautical theme. 

Oh I’m definitely not saying the navys were bad, just that those greens really stood out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How do you think it plays out? 

I think they are just trying for more time to negotiate but haven't there been a lot of these where it goes to arbitration and the player gets offended by the arguments and player comparisons the team makes?  I feel like Lou pissed off a few guys this way in the late 90s.    

Edited by Lateralous
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

I think they are just trying for more time to negotiate but haven't there been a lot of these where it goes to arbitration and the player gets offended by the arguments and player comparisons the team makes?  I feel like Lou pissed off a few guys this way in the late 90s.    

I think they are just trying for more time to negotiate but haven't there been a lot of these where it goes to arbitration and the player gets offended by the arguments and player comparisons the team makes?  I feel like Lou pissed off a few guys this way in the late 90s.    

Probably, I’m wondering if it makes it more or less likely that he’s traded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.