2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

Well Malkin is back in Pittsburgh actually 

4x6.1m

I can "understand" the feelings and wanting him there "now".

But having Letang, Crosby and Malkin aging together and getting this old is going to drive that franchise into the ground.

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

4x6.1m

But having Letang, Crosby and Malkin aging together and getting this old is going to drive that franchise into the ground.

Is there a source on that? Haven’t seen it reported. 

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

4x6.1m

You need to stop interpreting the sound of your own farts

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

You need to stop interpreting the sound of your own farts

Now I feel like there should be a separate sub-board for fart interpreting. 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah i told Lebrun about it.

Nice. Getting Lebrun to use you as a source then using Lebrun as a source

There goes Malkin to bright lights bruh

Edited by CarpathianForest
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Is there a source on that? Haven’t seen it reported. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-agree-to-four-year-contract-with-evgeni-malkin/c-334789528?tid=278542340

Cam Talbot to the OTT Senators. Welp. I kind wish Guerin stuck to his guns, but I guess he didn't want the possibility of a distraction.

https://www.nhl.com/news/cam-talbot-traded-to-ottawa-senators-by-minnesota-wild/c-334947218?tid=278542340

Just after 8pm ET, news broke that Johnny Gaudreau informed the Calgary Flames he would test free agency. Asked if there was any chance the winger would circle back to Southern Alberta, GM Brad Treliving replied he didn’t anticipate it happening.

So, with just hours until the bell rings, here are some things to keep an eye on:

• All eyes are on New Jersey and Philadelphia for Gaudreau. The Flyers have indicated James van Riemsdyk will not be traded, because they are not willing to pay what it will cost to move the cap hit. One source indicated it was similar to what Toronto sent Carolina — a first-round draft pick — for the Hurricanes to take Patrick Marleau in 2019. And teams prefer Philadelphia’s 2023 pick, not the Florida 2024 selection acquired for Claude Giroux.

Assuming the Flyers stick to that philosophy, it’s hard to see a path for Gaudreau — barring another major move. If they’re in, they’re slow-playing this hand. They’re also believed to have interest in Dylan Strome.

New Jersey was the name on many lips Tuesday night. I’d be surprised if it was the Islanders. Let’s see what Wednesday brings. 

- Elliotte Friedman July 13, 2022, 1:30 AM

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If NJ does sign JG and Jesper Bratt wants to keep holding out, Fitz can just give him the Guerin special and swap him with CGY for Matthew Tkachuk (this is a joke,... mostly).

I would love for Tkachuk to be a Devil!  Unfortunately, that isn’t happening.

3 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

Just after 8pm ET, news broke that Johnny Gaudreau informed the Calgary Flames he would test free agency. Asked if there was any chance the winger would circle back to Southern Alberta, GM Brad Treliving replied he didn’t anticipate it happening.

So, with just hours until the bell rings, here are some things to keep an eye on:

• All eyes are on New Jersey and Philadelphia for Gaudreau. The Flyers have indicated James van Riemsdyk will not be traded, because they are not willing to pay what it will cost to move the cap hit. One source indicated it was similar to what Toronto sent Carolina — a first-round draft pick — for the Hurricanes to take Patrick Marleau in 2019. And teams prefer Philadelphia’s 2023 pick, not the Florida 2024 selection acquired for Claude Giroux.

Assuming the Flyers stick to that philosophy, it’s hard to see a path for Gaudreau — barring another major move. If they’re in, they’re slow-playing this hand. They’re also believed to have interest in Dylan Strome.

New Jersey was the name on many lips Tuesday night. I’d be surprised if it was the Islanders. Let’s see what Wednesday brings. 

- Elliotte Friedman July 13, 2022, 1:30 AM

So it’s totally Gaudreau or bust. Zero plan B or C 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

image.jpeg.e2bcb00463e367ed536e98575038c349.jpeg

lolz

1) This has to be a joke, and 

2) It’s only slightly more ridiculous than some of the takes out fans had yesterday. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Are jerseys supposed to have ads on them this season? :puke:

r/CalgaryFlames - this just doesn't look right...

He looks like someone who owns multiple Che Guevara t-shirts because Rage Against the Machine or Tom Morello told him to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

He looks like someone who owns multiple Che Guevara t-shirts because Rage Against the Machine or Tom Morello told him to.

Accurate. 

10 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Are jerseys supposed to have ads on them this season? :puke:

r/CalgaryFlames - this just doesn't look right...

Teams have to start saying, "there is no amount of money we will take to have corporate America staining our sweaters". 

The logo on the front is more important that the companies that want to advertise. The ice/rink is for ads. Companies already get their ads, but the premium to be on a jersey must be high. 

I hate it. Hate it already. I get it, but I hate it. I'm going to send a nasty email pretending to be a STH. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Teams have to start saying, "there is no amount of money we will take to have corporate America staining our sweaters". 

And you know exactly why that will never happen.