Jump to content

2021-2022 Around the League thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

It can’t be just Tarasenko, right, like I’m not crazy to think Calgary would settle for a 31 year old being the “big” piece.

why would Tarasenko even be involved? If they trade Tkachuk they're tearing it down and tanking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

It can’t be just Tarasenko, right, like I’m not crazy to think Calgary would settle for a 31 year old being the “big” piece.

I can’t imagine that. It would kind of defeat the purpose of trading Tkachuk to rebuild in the first place. It needs to be picks, prospects and a good NHL roster guy that’s young and relatively inexpensive. 

I just looked at the Blues’ roster and granted I am not familiar with their AHL team (aside from Hofer who is a decent goalie prospect), but I don’t really see the solid young Bratt-like roster player they could (or would) include. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I know nothing of the credibility of the poster, but this isn’t a good look, at all, if even remotely true.

 

Do we get to cut him for free if he is involved? I’m fine with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I know nothing of the credibility of the poster, but this isn’t a good look, at all, if even remotely true.

 

It's definitely not a good look if the Devils knew about this and haven't conducted their own investigation. Innocent until proven guilty, though, no matter how tempting it is to call them all scumbags.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Aitchmack said:

It's definitely not a good look if the Devils knew about this and haven't conducted their own investigation. Innocent until proven guilty, though, no matter how tempting it is to call them all scumbags.

I don’t blame the Devils with how BADLY Hockey Canada has been trying to keep the lid on this

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Apparently so:

 

Not thrilled about that. If there is video evidence of a crime being committed, hopefully McLeod wasn't involved there. The players lawyers are prepared to offer up video taken during and after the incident so I can't imagine there's that much incriminating stuff, but who knows. Better to wait to hear it all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reports of some of the videos scream coercion to prove consent to me. Hoping McLeod isn't involved but if he is then he deserves punishment commensurate to whatever actually occurred. There is a lot of he said she said in the media atm, limited specifics, the fact police didn't end up pressing charges, and so more details are needed to know consequence. 

 

Also whoever sent those texts the following day are terrible and whoever sent those needs to be hauled over the coals

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read up on the incident a bit and wow, it seems like it could go either way. Who knows what happens other than those involved. Hopefully the right thing happens from it all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bettman prob having a stressful summer trying to deal with all these issues. The ongoing Kane saga, team Canada, now this...not good at all to say the very least. This is coming off the Pittsburgh stuff last season among some other stuff as well if I remember correctly.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/daryl-katz-ballerina-sex-allegations-1.6526941

Link to comment
Share on other sites

how fvcking hard is it to just, like, watch some porn or go to a stripclub if you’re that much of a horny disgusting old man? 

“you’re wise beyond your years”, if that phrase ever gets texted it should immediately send a swat team to the texter’s door. vile.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, MB3 said:

how fvcking hard is it to just, like, watch some porn or go to a stripclub if you’re that much of a horny disgusting old man? 

“you’re wise beyond your years”, if that phrase ever gets texted it should immediately send a swat team to the texter’s door. vile.

You forgot the part where he has tons of money and, in his mind, should be able to have whatever he wants whenever he wants. 

I promise you guys when I’m a billionaire I will be the type that buys weird sh!t like a T-Rex skull instead of what this d!ckhead was up to. 

EDIT: To be clear, I have a very definite order of priority should I become a billionaire:

1) House and contents (and staff to maintain)

2) Take care of family members. 

3) Season Tickets

4) A fvcking T-Rex skull. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You forgot the part where he has tons of money and, in his mind, should be able to have whatever he wants whenever he wants. 

I promise you guys when I’m a billionaire I will be the type that buys weird sh!t like a T-Rex skull instead of what this d!ckhead was up to. 

EDIT: To be clear, I have a very definite order of priority should I become a billionaire:

1) House and contents (and staff to maintain)

2) Take care of family members. 

3) Season Tickets

4) A fvcking T-Rex skull. 

May I suggest an NJDevs suite at the Rock?  I'll sneak in jame-o shooters.  I have a whole system down.  Basically you just put them in your pockets because the security is more lax than Ovechkin's defensive game.

A5Gzw2u.gif?w=607&ssl=1

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Crisis said:

May I suggest an NJDevs suite at the Rock?  

Yup, that works. But anyone attending has to sign a disclaimer that they can't sue me over any weiner jokes I may tell. You assume that risk walking into my suite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, that works. But anyone attending has to sign a disclaimer that they can't sue me over any weiner jokes I may tell. You assume that risk walking into my suite. 

I'd be more upset if you weren't able to rise to the occasion and slide a few in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.