2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

I wasn’t condoning how some chose to treat her, to be clear.  On any level.  She’s not the first commentator to not be good at her job and won’t be the last.  No reason to go any further than that, as far as criticizing her goes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There are many reasons I a could be called a piece of sh!t, but that isn’t one of them. 

I'm not liking this because you aren't a misogynistic piece of sh!t, but because you are an incendiary piece of sh!t ❤️

• Haha 1

"I'm building the drama." no, you were doing a similar tactic as Jack Edwards and be so off-base you'd generate a response intentionally. NO ONE knew of the "incident" prior between Simmonds and Maroon, no one commented on it, not even her, until that question.

Another page from her book to build drama is to whisper when a team is working the cycle, as if the defense isn't seeing and she might spill the beans that they're going to score. That's not bad because of gender, that's bad journalism and broadcasting.

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

I’m sorry but that’s the snippet you go with? 

She asked wayne simmonds if he was soft. She got CLOWNED on by spittin chiclets. Whitney and Biz both have jobs in announcing and both called it an idiotic question. She was mocked everywhere.

That had nothing to do with her being a woman. Pretending like it does is missing the forest for the trees. 

It wasn’t a serious question, in my opinion. She was looking to get a reaction from him. 

People tried to frame it as if she had no idea who he was or what he was all about. It doesn’t surprise me that Spittin’ Chiclets would see it differently, those guys are borderline retarded. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

"I'm building the drama." no, you were doing a similar tactic as Jack Edwards and be so off-base you'd generate a response intentionally. NO ONE knew of the "incident" prior between Simmonds and Maroon, no one commented on it, not even her, until that question.

Another page from her book to build drama is to whisper when a team is working the cycle, as if the defense isn't seeing and she might spill the beans that they're going to score. That's not bad because of gender, that's bad journalism and broadcasting.

Jack Edwards is in his own, totally isolated universe of tone deafness and stupidity. 

Here are the videos of her standing between them when they were going at it and then the interview later asking Wayne if he was soft.  With context, I don't see why this is such a big deal.  She's trying to bring the interaction to focus and give the viewer another angle on the fire and competitiveness of the game.  I thought it was a fair call back, especially when they were about to meet in the playoffs. 

This is another story line that is actually happening and that's what brings viewers in.  This is EXACTLY what ESPN wants in their first year.  But let me be clear, I don't think that this is some new or special approach, and I'm not trying to advocate to give her a gold star for her edgy reporting.  However, I do think it's infinitely more dramatic to pull that one question out of context and make a big deal out of it to crucify her as inadequate at her job.  If Salvador did that, no one would be talking about.  Did that piece of sh!t Tim Peel blow it up because she's a woman?  She seems to think that.  I wouldn't know because I've never had to deal with any of the adversity she has faced.