2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

42 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This sounds pretty bad, re:  Q's role in this...basically, said he knew nothing of the allegations, but then was placed as having been part of a meeting to discuss what to do...and apparently, he was more concerned about his team being derailed in its quest to win a Cup.  If anything, I'm kind of surprised he hasn't at the very least taken a "temporary" leave of absence from the team, from now until he has his meeting with Bettman...of course it can certainly become permanent, but does seem weird that he's still coaching.  

Joel Quenneville says he’ll meet with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman about his role in Blackhawks’ handling of 2010 sexual assault allegation (yahoo.com)

What a fvcking coward.  

Bowman's resignation statement was also not exactly a profile of courage:  

“Since joining the Blackhawks in 2000, I have been extremely grateful for the opportunities presented to me and proud of our accomplishments. This organization, beginning with the Wirtz family, has been extraordinarily good to my family and to me. That is why today, after discussions with Rocky and Danny, I have decided to step aside.   The team needs to focus on its future, and my continued participation would be a distraction. I think too much of this organization to let that happen.
Eleven years ago, while serving in my first year as general manager, I was made aware of potential inappropriate behavior by a then-video coach involving a player. I promptly reported the matter to the then-President and CEO who committed to handling the matter. I learned this year that the inappropriate behavior involved a serious allegation of sexual assault. I relied on the direction of my superior that he would take appropriate action. Looking back, now knowing he did not handle the matter promptly, I regret assuming he would do so.
I am confident that this organization and the Wirtz family will continue to do what it takes to win championships, with integrity and with the goal of doing what is right.
I am deeply grateful to the Blackhawks for the chance to manage the team; to the players for their dedication; and to the fans for their tremendous support over the years.  It has been an honor to have been part of this incredible organization, and to serve the best fans in hockey, in the greatest city in the world. I will always cherish my time with the Chicago Blackhawks. On behalf of myself and my family, thank you.”

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t trust Florida to do the right thing here. That franchise is desperate to win something. The NHL is gonna have to bring the hammer down.

I don't either but it seems like you would be better served by just ripping the band aid off yesterday than let that sh!t stain of an organization in Chicago drag your franchise further into the mud.   It's not like this is going away and we already know Quenneville doesn't like distractions around his teams.   They should have some faith in the roster they've assembled.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Major

Woah, wow.  Uh...

I don't want to call it "must watch television" because that sounds horrible but I imagine most of the hockey world will be tuning into this.

(and for what it's worth, it's pretty easy to determine who he is based on the report...)

I give him an insane amount of credit for coming forward but then, on top of that, naming himself as the victim of this heinous act. It’s an absolute fvcking disgrace the Blackhawks and everyone a part of that team turned a blind eye in 2010.

I’m insanely glad we didn’t get Q when we wanted him badly two summers ago. fvck that coward.

I talked about the courage it takes to speak up back in July when I had to handle my incident cause it could have gotten significantly worse if I hadn’t. I’m going to remind the individuals who came forward when they did how proud of them I am, and I’m proud of my leadership for acting swiftly and without question.

pathetic a professional organization thinks it was a good idea. fvck that team, I hope they never win another game.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

This is such a difficult watch. I can't imagine the absolute hell he's been through the last 11 years.

And, this is proof positive that this sh!t can happen to literally anyone. When you think of this stuff, your mind probably doesn’t immediately think that the victim may have been a 6’3”, 205 pound professional athlete. But he most certainly can be. 

• Like 1

Jesus.  Tell me that Q isn’t coaching this game tonight (I’m sure he is).

Yep, way to go Panthers.  Guess trying to go 7-0 to start your season is what’s really important here.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

dear lord that's hard to listen. poor guy. the situation is 1000x worse than i imagined

And fvcking Q is somehow BEHIND THE BENCH TONIGHT?!  HOW?!

• Angry 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not surprised that the team that still insists on keeping their offensive logo would have hired a guy who would be complacent to this kind of stuff. I feel bad for the Panthers, who have a good team and a total d!ck cheese for a coach. 

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Almost wonder if he's going with the whole "well if I don't coach, it's an admission of guilt".

You'd expect someone from the organization to step in and stop this nonsense. But... Nah.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Almost wonder if he's going with the whole "well if I don't coach, it's an admission of guilt".

You'd expect someone from the organization to step in and stop this nonsense. But... Nah.

Hope he enjoys it (not really), because I can’t see how it isn’t his last.  

• Like 2