2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Bettman is such a tool. ‘There’s no issue with the Arizona Coyotes’, he must really think anyone with eyes and ears that pays attention to the NHL/sports business is a fvcking moron to say something as blatantly ridiculous as that. Arrogant fvck. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bettman is such a tool. ‘There’s no issue with the Arizona Coyotes’, he must really think anyone with eyes and ears that pays attention to the NHL/sports business is a fvcking moron to say something as blatantly ridiculous as that. Arrogant fvck. 

I always wonder why commissioners (Goodell is the same way) insist on forever taking the "Nope, you're all wrong, what you're seeing isn't really how things are, whatever WE tell you, THAT'S how it is, we're smarter than everyone!" approach.  Arizona is a fvcking dumpster fire Gary...everyone can see it.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I always wonder why commissioners (Goodell is the same way) insist on forever taking the "Nope, you're all wrong, what you're seeing isn't really how things are, whatever WE tell you, THAT'S how it is, we're smarter than everyone!" approach.  Arizona is a fvcking dumpster fire Gary...everyone can see it.  

We live in the era of the double down. People with massive egos can never admit when they’re wrong. That team is still in Arizona because of Gary Bettman’s ginormous ego, and for no other reason.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

We live in the era of the double down. People with massive egos can never admit when they’re wrong. That team is still in Arizona because of Gary Bettman’s ginormous ego, and for no other reason.

The Double Douche

th?id=OIP.9kqxGNBiZBC-gxE_Z8EIAwHaDR&pid=Api&P=0&w=396&h=176

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I was surprised to see people support this take. 

I imagine that children's laughter cuts right through John Tortorella. 

he never really brought any actual arguments about why it was "bad", just that some old purist may not like it...

48 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Frustrating watching another franchise make the obvious decision and seeing it immediately pay off while we sit here with a barely competent coaching staff.

For sure. Realistically, who are the options though? Also, I imagine it's even harder when you have to replace the entire staff and not just the HC.

I mean... We sit here and complain... Watch them fire Ruff, arguably the lesser of the coaching evils, and let Nass coach the team again. What nightmare fuel.

Edited by NJDevils1214

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

For sure. Realistically, who are the options though? Also, I imagine it's even harder when you have to replace the entire staff and not just the HC.

I mean... We sit here and complain... Watch them fire Ruff, arguably the lesser of the coaching evils, and let Nass coach the team again. What nightmare fuel.

nASS getting the head coaching gig again would signal to me the Fitz has no more rounds in the chamber and he’s done.

As for candidates to replace the atrocity known as our staff (in no particular order, and just the 3 I could think of without really researching):

- Torts

- Jim Montgomery - he’s in the final year of a 2 year assistant coaching gig with the Blues and seems to have conquered his demons.

- Kevin Dinnen - sorry Utica, but you having a historic season isn’t enough to keep me from trying to right the parent ship.

30 minutes ago, jagknife said:

nASS getting the head coaching gig again would signal to me the Fitz has no more rounds in the chamber and he’s done.

As for candidates to replace the atrocity known as our staff (in no particular order, and just the 3 I could think of without really researching):

- Torts

- Jim Montgomery - he’s in the final year of a 2 year assistant coaching gig with the Blues and seems to have conquered his demons.

- Kevin Dinnen - sorry Utica, but you having a historic season isn’t enough to keep me from trying to right the parent ship.

My three would be you, Patrick Elias, and anyone. 

47 minutes ago, jagknife said:

- Torts

I’d be down for Montgomery. 

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

No to Torts. I would rather he didn't crush the joy out of our young team . 

Agreed. It might be somewhat interesting to see how he’d deal with Subban, but I don’t want him going all curmudgeon on guys like Jack, Bratt, Mercer, etc.

He’s much better suited for a more established team full of veterans. The Devils need someone more like Montgomery, who is used to dealing with younger players from his time coaching at the college level. All of our best players not named Dougie Hamilton are that age anyway. 

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Frustrating watching another franchise make the obvious decision and seeing it immediately pay off while we sit here with a barely competent coaching staff.

Fitz is really pissing me off with his inaction. It’s clear he learned nothing from what happened to Shero.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1