2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

2 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

Some already stated they aren't going, regardless of their decision.  I don't see how they can go when they need to make up a bunch of games..

I get it's the olympics, but you're on lockdown when your there which really sucks.

My apologies, I meant as a whole, none of them are going. Not just the ones opting out

14 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That's really awesome, but why was all of that not only randomly caught on camera....but they also just happened to be mic'd up?  During warmups...?  That seemed pretty fishy.  Was it staged?

/r/nothingeverhappens

• Like 1

I very much dislike being doused in beer, I would have been pissed. I remember one Rangers/Devils game around 1995 or 1996 where the drunken Rangers fans behind us kept spilling their beer on us. Multiple times throughout the game. It was one of the weirdest nights I ever had going to a game. 

To their credit, they hooked us up all night to apologize. Soft drinks and food, every time they went to the concourse they brought us something. End of the night they tried to give us $50 for “dry cleaning” even though we had only machine washable clothing on. We refused, and as we were standing up to leave they tossed it on my chair and left. 

I wasn’t gonna chase them and I wasn’t gonna leave it there…

Was after that game that I saw, and accidentally got involved in, the worst parking lot brawl I ever saw. As I tried to walk around it, a drunk a-hole in a Sabres jersey of all things grabs me by the jersey and starts wrestling with me. I still remember the crazy look on his face, he looked like he was going to kill me yet he was drunk, uncoordinated and weak. 

He got a nice parking lot nap. 

We drove back to Staten Island and for whatever reason, mostly because it’s what you do on Staten Island, we went to a diner. We had fries and whatever else and when we asked for the bill, she told us that one of the regulars, who was there by himself, thought we were very well behaved for young people and he paid our check. 

I left a tip and we went over to his table to thank him, and he stared back at us and didn’t say a word. Didn’t move, didn’t blink, just stared. We knew he could talk because he had told the waitress why he paid our check, but he just never said a word. 

We left convinced he was going to follow us and kill us, my girlfriend (now wife) made me take an alternate route until we were comfortable we weren’t being followed. 

Went home, smelling like beer, a little blood on my jersey, and exhausted. My dad takes one look at me and says “rough night, huh?”.

Indeed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

🤣

My wife and I went to  a place outside Fairbanks Alaska a couple of times...in December. Mostly to view the aurora there, but the place had hot springs too.  Relaxing in a hot spring fed pool when the ambient temp is -15F is a pretty unique experience. Yeah, your hair gets frozen. The dash back to the indoor shower is the challenge.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Starting to wonder what the rest of the season looks like if the league is going to keep shutting asymptomatic players down.

This should help but probably not a game changer unless Canada plays along which is probably a long shot at best imo.

CDC Shortens Isolation For Covid-Positive Americans To Just 5 Days

15 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

The nhl and America in general needs to just learn to live with this.  This varient is a mere cold/flu to most, death rate from this is insanely low.   

The nhl is losing fans daily by shutting down their season over a cold.  

I haven’t followed the medical end of this variant, but it seems like every news story said it’s highly contagious and extremely mild in its symptoms.