2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

It's gonna be stupid cold at the winter classic tomorrow, below zero lol

My wife’s cousin is a big Wild fan, and he went up there for the game. Have fun with that sh!t :lol:

Just now, Nicomo said:

My wife’s cousin is a big Wild fan, and he went up there for the game. Have fun with that sh!t :lol:

I simultaneously hope his nuts don’t get frozen to the seat, but also kinda that it happens to someone. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

I went to the Yankee Stadium game and that was cold cause of the delay and I've been to other really cold Red Bulls game but nothing like negative degrees. Sounds absolutely miserable lol

They are even heating the ice lol... 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2021/12/30/nhl-winter-classic-record-low-temperatures-minnesota/49590595/

how did i not know the all time PPG leader was dave andreychuk? 

fun fact and long story; at my first ever game, andreychuk was giving high-fives down the tunnel and his glove caught my tiny little grubby hand awkwardly and came off (he let it slide off so he didn’t rip my arm from the socket). He said “hey kid I need that” and I said something along the lines of “i promise it was an accident please don’t be mad at me” which made him laugh and then sign/throw me a puck. 

and THAT is why Jason Arnott is my favorite player! Andreychuk tossed it over to me, I asked my dad “who was that!?!?” and my dad, who didn’t watch hockey, said “i think it was number 25”, so I looked for #25 in my center ice catalog and saw the beautiful frosted tips of a man I would soon fall in love with. 

A full season later (and a Stanley Cup winning goal), I’ve got 2 arnie jerseys and 3 arnott posters on my wall. my uncle comes over the house and asks why I’m so in love with Arnott and I proudly display the puck he threw me. My uncle goes “this says number 23. not 25. I’m pretty sure it’s Andreychuk’s” and my world exploded in on itself like a dying star. I wound up throwing the puck into the woods because I’m nothing if not dramatic. 

But then for a christmas present my dad got me an autograph session with Arnott in the Edison mall.

A week later he was traded.

TLDR I have a complicated relationship with Dave Andreychuk.

• Haha 9

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

fun fact and long story; at my first ever game, andreychuk was giving high-fives down the tunnel and his glove caught my tiny little grubby hand awkwardly and came off (he let it slide off so he didn’t rip my arm from the socket). He said “hey kid I need that” and I said something along the lines of “i promise it was an accident please don’t be mad at me” which made him laugh and then sign/throw me a puck. 

and THAT is why Jason Arnott is my favorite player! Andreychuk tossed it over to me, I asked my dad “who was that!?!?” and my dad, who didn’t watch hockey, said “i think it was number 25”, so I looked for #25 in my center ice catalog and saw the beautiful frosted tips of a man I would soon fall in love with. 

A full season later (and a Stanley Cup winning goal), I’ve got 2 arnie jerseys and 3 arnott posters on my wall. my uncle comes over the house and asks why I’m so in love with Arnott and I proudly display the puck he threw me. My uncle goes “this says number 23. not 25. I’m pretty sure it’s Andreychuk’s” and my world exploded in on itself like a dying star. I wound up throwing the puck into the woods because I’m nothing if not dramatic. 

But then for a christmas present my dad got me an autograph session with Arnott in the Edison mall.

Amazing!!

So is there a signed Dave Andreychuk puck kicking around in the woods somewhere? 

Or did you go back and get it? 

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

Even Antonio Brown read this and thought, "Damn, that MB3 dude is nuts!"

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Amazing!!

So is there a signed Dave Andreychuk puck kicking around in the woods somewhere? 

Or did you go back and get it? 

it’s somewhere deep in the woods near franklin lake in NJ if anyone wants to look for it. 

I was 11. 11 year olds do stupid things haha.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

it’s somewhere deep in the woods near franklin lake in NJ if anyone wants to look for it. 

A friend of my wife's (who knows that me and my daughter are huge Devils fans) won a signed puck at some local charity auction (this was maybe 3 years ago)...she doesn't follow the sport at all, so all she told my wife was "Not sure who it is, can't really read it, but you guys can have it."

The possibilities...maybe it's a Nico?  Palms?  Hall?    

Who did it turn out to be?  Damon fvcking Severson.

Maybe that Andrey-puck could use some company...  

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Even Antonio Brown read this and thought, "Damn, that MB3 dude is nuts!"

You know he whipped his shirt off before he threw it...

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

A friend of my wife's (who knows that me and my daughter are huge Devils fans) won a signed puck at some local charity auction (this was maybe 3 years ago)...she doesn't follow the sport at all, so all she told my wife was "Not sure who it is, can't really read it, but you guys can have it."

The possibilities...maybe it's a Nico?  Palms?  Hall?    

Who did it turn out to be?  Damon fvcking Severson.

Maybe that Andrey-puck could use some company...  

At least it was a long time Devil. Could've been a Seth Helgeson or Bobby Farnham. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

That would be an awesome find. 

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

That would be an awesome find. 

If you happen to see a Hannu Kamppuri, Sam St. Laurent, or Chad Erickson puck out there while you're looking, I have a home for it lol. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you happen to see a Hannu Kamppuri, Sam St. Laurent, or Chad Erickson puck out there while you're looking, I have a home for it lol. 

Still three short. Damn so close. 

15 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Still three short. Damn so close. 

Four if you count Akira Schmid as well. I'm just less worried that I won't be able to get that one (check your mail, Akira, there's one at the Rock waiting for your signature).