2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

17 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

Evander Kane anyone? Fitz? Anybody there? 

The hardest of “no”s, as far as THAT guy is concerned.

When red flags are all hanging out together, and a bunch of them are highly suspicious about one in particular, they say “That flag over there raises a lot of Evander Kanes!”

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

Evander Kane anyone? Fitz? Anybody there? 

Maybe if he's not available we can just go to an open tryout and see if anyone beats the sh!t out of their wife and bring them on instead!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

No thanks. Not worth the drama. I’m fine with Fitz sleeping through this one. 

I like his play, but we’d have to get an extra plane to carry all of his baggage. Pass. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I like his play, but we’d have to get an extra plane to carry all of his baggage. Pass. 

Wouldn’t you deal with it to help win games? I would. I know the guy is a jerk. None of off ice stuff has been proven. He will be on a short leash but he’s on strike 3 and he will be out of the league. Not likely but man that player would good on a wing alongside jack Hughes. 

1 minute ago, Fansinz88 said:

Wouldn’t you deal with it to help win games? I would. I know the guy is a jerk. None of off ice stuff has been proven. He will be on a short leash but he’s on strike 3 and he will be out of the league. Not likely but man that player would good on a wing alongside jack Hughes. 

If we were anywhere close to advancer Kane being the difference maker, in might feel differently. Given that our goalie tandem next game is Jon Gillies and a large raccoon, I don’t think he’s worth it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If we were anywhere close to advancer Kane being the difference maker, in might feel differently. Given that our goalie tandem next game is Jon Gillies and a large raccoon, I don’t think he’s worth it. 

So excited that we have signed the top free agent large raccoon. 

And yeah I don’t think whatever on ice talent Kane brings makes up for the off ice headaches he also brings. 

25 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

I think a legit SC-contending team with a VERY strong leadership infrastructure in place that suffered a key injury to a forward could take a chance on signing him for the rest of the season, and not have to worry about his being around becoming an issue.

That's not the Devils, and I am definitely not advocating for them to sign him...BUT, this would probably be the time to sign him to a "remainder of the season" contract, in that he'd be incredibly stupid not to be on his very best behavior (and not give his absolute all on the ice).  You could possibly get 40 or so solid games out of him.  And then you watch as some other team makes the mistake of signing him to something long-term.

Again, not saying the Devils should be the team to do it, and not so sure he should really get another chance so soon.  Just that there's probably circumstances somewhere where rolling the dice on him could work out on a very short-term basis.

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Dude is literally a cancer who pisses people off within every organization he has ever played in, he couldn’t even stick in Buffalo. Hell no.

Yeah I want no part of him here.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think a legit SC-contending team with a VERY strong leadership infrastructure in place that suffered a key injury to a forward could take a chance on signing him for the rest of the season, and not have to worry about his being around becoming an issue.

That's not the Devils, and I am definitely not advocating for them to sign him...BUT, this would probably be the time to sign him to a "remainder of the season" contract, in that he'd be incredibly stupid not to be on his very best behavior (and not give his absolute all on the ice).  You could possibly get 40 or so solid games out of him.  And then you watch as some other team makes the mistake of signing him to something long-term.

Again, not saying the Devils should be the team to do it, and not so sure he should really get another chance so soon.  Just that there's probably circumstances somewhere where rolling the dice on him could work out on a very short-term basis.

If it meant we could make the playoffs, I would do it. 

44 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Dude is literally a cancer who pisses people off within every organization he has ever played in, he couldn’t even stick in Buffalo. Hell no.

Yeah hard no on Kane. Dude is a trainwreck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I mean if they get healthy (like beginning of the season healthy) and play like that, they could compete. I still wouldn’t want him.

I am pretty sure Arlette is our backup goalie now.