2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well, he’s been fired twice now and couldn’t win with McDavid and Draisaitl. So he isn’t exactly appealing.

He hasn't won a championship but the regular season record is good. He did a good job with the Coyotes. He's perfect for a team with modest expectations. :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Dallas, Tampa, California, Nashville all worked out. I get wanting to go into new markets.

But Gary. Arizona just isn’t working. 

If they'd suck it up and put them back in the freaking middle of phoenix with the Suns, they'd draw again. Glendale arena was a freaking joke going there, the ASU stadium is an even bigger joke. They arent using common sense, and if the cities don't want them, then give them to a city who does. Its economics 101 and thats coming from a guy who did atrocious in college economics 101 and 102

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Deadline is still over a month away.  Is there new thinking in the NHL to make these big trades earlier?  I guess it may give you a larger group of buyers if you are a seller.

Some teams are probably still wondering if they will be sellers or buyers so i assume some may be waiting a bit.

Also if you're a seller you might wanna wait cause a team really going for it may lose a player that they NEED to replace which may make them pay more than they would have otherwise.

Side note. I think this is the year Sakic has to stop being so conservative. Every year he could have really traded young assets to go for it and he didn't, which i respect cause you always have to balance short and long term success. But they also may become the new Sharks, who's been closed so often but never won it.

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Some teams are probably still wondering if they will be sellers or buyers so i assume some may be waiting a bit.

Also if you're a seller you might wanna wait cause a team really going for it may lose a player that they NEED to replace which may make them pay more than they would have otherwise.

Side note. I think this is the year Sakic has to stop being so conservative. Every year he could have really traded young assets to go for it and he didn't, which i respect cause you always have to balance short and long term success. But they also may become the new Sharks, who's been closed so often but never won it.

I was actually thinking the opposite.  For most part, the playoff teams are pretty much set by the All-Star break these days.  I am thinking that the thought is as a buyer to make your moves sooner to get the right pieces you think you need.  As a seller, you want to make sure you have enough buyers before they start dwindling as the deadline approaches.

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I was actually thinking the opposite.  For most part, the playoff teams are pretty much set by the All-Star break these days.  I am thinking that the thought is as a buyer to make your moves sooner to get the right pieces you think you need.  As a seller, you want to make sure you have enough buyers before they start dwindling as the deadline approaches.

Yeah i guess it goes both ways. 

I think Detroit, Colombus, Dallas, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg and San Jose could make a push a actually make the playoffs. All it takes it one team sh!tting the bed and another team to get hot.

Now, that doesn't mean you should buy and compromise your future either, depends what your situation is. Like Detroit are definitely up and coming so they should stay put and just go for it, but if they can get a player for a 2nd or 3rd pick, they might. The Oilers on the other hand might be pressured into doing something, would be unacceptable to many if they don't make it.

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Ryane Clowe recently joined the Rangers front office.  His title is "hockey operations supervisor."

Being an ex-athlete must be great. You just get given jobs with fancy sounding titles and get paid presumably six figures to do a ‘job’ that probably doesn’t entail much, or you can just start a podcast or go into broadcasting. These people truly have some of the easiest existences career-wise anyone can ever have.

• Haha 1

Situation:

Eichel finally played his first game for Vegas tnight. Bringing him in the lineup though was going to be complicated and put them over the cap, forcing them to trade players or make moves.

Fortunately for them, Mark Stone suddenly suffers from back pain that no doctors can actually give a diagnostic for or give a timeline for his return. So he's put on LITR indefinitely.

Observation:

That awfully convenient... 

Theory 1: That's just a coincidence

Theory 2: He may just be a little banged up and could use a little break while the team figure out what to do

Theory 3: They are straight up gearing to do what Tampa did last year.

I guess we'll see! 

Edited by SterioDesign

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Situation:

Eichel finally played his first game for Vegas tnight. Bringing him in the lineup though was going to be complicated and put them over the cap, forcing them to trade players or make moves.

Fortunately for them, Mark Stone suddenly suffers from back pain that no doctors can actually give a diagnostic for or give a timeline for his return. So he's put on LITR indefinitely.

Observation:

That awfully convenient... 

Theory 1: That's just a coincidence

Theory 2: He may just be a little banged up and could use a little break while the team figure out what to do

Theory 3: They are straight up gearing to do what Tampa did last year.

I guess we'll see! 

Stone has been in and out of the lineup all season while putting up 8-20 over 28 games and Has now missed almost half of their games. He was playing pretty consistent and carrying my struggling fantasy team.

I don’t think, at least this particular case, he suddenly befell ill, then during the course of the second half of the season, show miraculous recovery following his trip to the a doctor with no name, then will actively skate and be a full participant with the team for 6-8 weeks before being just “okay enough” to start when the playoffs begin.

Have I mentioned I hate Kuchercrockofsh!t?