2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

10 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Devils new alt is rumored to drop as soon as later this month or next month.

Rumor is that it is finally a black version.  Would make sense given the new pants logo plus the hats the players have been wearing.  I think it will be a black with gray and red accents.

I’ve had a feeling that the black Bing alternates last year were a trial run for the big team to eventually have a black sweater. I didn’t realize we were in line for one so soon though

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’ve had a feeling that the black Bing alternates last year were a trial run for the big team to eventually have a black sweater. I didn’t realize we were in line for one so soon though

I have also heard that the Devils alt will be fundamentally very similar to that one.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I have a fair degree of color blindness, but isn’t that a black hat with a white logo?

It's either gray or silver to me.  However, it could be white as well.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

I have also heard that the Devils alt will be fundamentally very similar to that one.

Controversial take: would be cool with some version of that pitchfork logo as the crest. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

please delete this

All I’m gonna say is the best black Devils alt I’ve seen to date was the one you came up with.  Hoping whatever we see is close to on par.

• Like 1

Just now, MB3 said:

well thanks! that was a while ago, i'm surprised anyone remembered! 

198187500_devilsblackjersey.thumb.jpg.dd0841e0859699339ce5d34dc3688946.jpg

This is LIGHT YEARS better than the one above.  Not even close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

i dunno, I'm actually kinda digging the white crest. 

The white crest is OK…the stripes and neck, not so much.  

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'd buy this jersey, I really think we need the red to be prominent

I also love the way the white stripes pop...almost like they're illuminated.  I loved that design the second MB3 debuted it...it simply just works.  Incredibly clean.

The Bingo blacks miss the mark...neck area doesn't feel right, and those sleeve stripes feel unnecessarily busy...and why is there a lower red border hem on the INSIDE of the jersey?!  And DD56 is right, the overly busy sleeves make the whole design feel unbalanced, with no stripes on the bottom of the jersey.  Eliminate the outer two white stripes on the sleeves, widen the red stripe a bit, then add that to the bottom...that could work.  Of course, not like that isn't almost the same thing as the Albany River Rat blacks back in the day, but I'd prefer that to the Bingo template.

The one thing I'll say in defense of the Bingo blacks is that maybe they look better on bodies than they do hanging up or lying in the floor in a photo.  But can't see them trumping MB3's layout.   

20 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'd buy this jersey, I really think we need the red to be prominent

Based on those hats, they’re gonna totally fvck it up and go with a white crest instead of red, and it’s gonna ruin the whole thing. Red pops. White doesn’t. If they go with a black jersey design, it’s red crest or fvck off. 

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Controversial take: would be cool with some version of that pitchfork logo as the crest. 

Heh heh that pitchfork still looks like a salamander crawling forward to me.  Wish I could unsee that. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

12 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Really is kind of an indictment of their organization when you can't even find one "future-leader" player you think is worth pinning the C on that roster

Right?  Especially after giving Zibanejad 8 years

I'm pretty confident it's going to be literally impossible to create a jersey that everyone will agree on and like. So let's just hope that the majority does.

And more than anything let's hope to god Satans Hockey likes it cause if he doesn't we'll have to hear about how much he doesn't like it non-stop

Edited by SterioDesign

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm pretty confident it's going to be literally impossible to create a jersey that everyone will agree on and like. So let's just hope that the majority does.

And more than anything let's hope to god Satans Hockey likes it cause if he doesn't we'll have to hear about how much he doesn't like it non-stop

You’ll never please everyone but this team is overdue for a sharp 3rd jersey. We absolutely have the color scheme for one. 

Also that second part seemed pretty unnecessary. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Really is kind of an indictment of their organization when you can't even find one "future-leader" player you think is worth pinning the C on that roster

Is it though? We’ve done the “no captain” thing before. I hate it, but it’s not unprecedented.