2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

12 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Really is kind of an indictment of their organization when you can't even find one "future-leader" player you think is worth pinning the C on that roster

Right?  Especially after giving Zibanejad 8 years

I'm pretty confident it's going to be literally impossible to create a jersey that everyone will agree on and like. So let's just hope that the majority does.

And more than anything let's hope to god Satans Hockey likes it cause if he doesn't we'll have to hear about how much he doesn't like it non-stop

Edited by SterioDesign

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm pretty confident it's going to be literally impossible to create a jersey that everyone will agree on and like. So let's just hope that the majority does.

And more than anything let's hope to god Satans Hockey likes it cause if he doesn't we'll have to hear about how much he doesn't like it non-stop

You’ll never please everyone but this team is overdue for a sharp 3rd jersey. We absolutely have the color scheme for one. 

Also that second part seemed pretty unnecessary. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Really is kind of an indictment of their organization when you can't even find one "future-leader" player you think is worth pinning the C on that roster

Is it though? We’ve done the “no captain” thing before. I hate it, but it’s not unprecedented. 

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

You’ll never please everyone but this team is overdue for a sharp 3rd jersey. We absolutely have the color scheme for one. 

Also that second part seemed pretty unnecessary. 

Wow, where were you hero boy when i was getting all my unnecessary jabs? For years now. 

Edited by SterioDesign

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is it though? We’ve done the “no captain” thing before. I hate it, but it’s not unprecedented. 

well there is that.

Personally I think it's completely overrated and purely symbolic and I'm not sure what ours has done to earn it other than it's a nice story?  Look I was happy for Nico but if I'm not a Devils fan I would of smiled, shook my head and moved on.  Same thing I'm doing at the rags now.

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Blueskirts going with 6 alternate captains this season

This Post article calls them a team of A’s without a C. I found that funny. 

https://nypost.com/2021/10/11/rangers-make-surprise-captain-decision-ahead-of-season-opener/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

"What are you going to do, stab me?" Says SD as he's being stabbed.

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait to bitch and moan about the awful 3rd jersey whenever it's released. Already have my email to the front office drafted to complain to them. Might even start a change.org petition. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait to bitch and moan about the awful 3rd jersey whenever it's released. Already have my email to the front office drafted to complain to them. Might even start a change.org petition. 

You’re also supposed to never buy another jersey again and burn down the Prudential Center in protest. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

The way the Prudential Center has been going lately that might take care of itself lol

Not if the electricity is shut off. Gotta pay that bill lol. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Devils new alt is rumored to drop as soon as later this month or next month.

Rumor is that it is finally a black version.  Would make sense given the new pants logo plus the hats the players have been wearing.  I think it will be a black with gray and red accents.

Shut up and take my money!

5 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

The Devils have multiple young players that I could see as captain material (just hypothetically - - obviously we have Nico), Jack, Ty, Mercer…